SCP is intended to serve as an unofficial patch for System Shock 2 that delivers an authentic but also highly polished gameplay experience, hopefully approximating the form SS2 would have taken if Irrational had had a few more months to work on it before release. It is not a total conversion, a source port, a reimagining, or a remake. It is not SS2 for experts, nor is it SS2 for newbies. It’s just SS2, but better - think System Shock2 Gold.
SCP makes the following changes:
* Literally hundreds of tweaks to object positioning to fix floating, misalignments, etc.
* Even more tweaks to terrain texturing to fix tiling errors, scale errors, wrong texture errors, poor
placement, consistency, etc.
* Subtle improvements to level architecture.
* Certain nonsensical areas made more sensical via minor cosmetic additions.
* Improved signage for a couple of confusing areas.
* Hovering objects given proper supports.
* Enhanced object animations.
* Corrected object scales and physics dimensions.
* Corrected and improved sound propagation.
* Corrected typos and inconsistent terminology in text strings.
* Minor fixes and enhancements to some of the quest logging.
* Many more objects uniquely identified in the HUD.
* Fixed many upsidedown objects not behaving correctly.
* Fixed missing or incorrect impact and footstep sounds.
* Used some previously unused resources (sounds, models).
* Fixed issues in many object models (zfighting, missing polys, etc).
* Fixed transparency errors in a few textures.
* Sourceless lights given light sources.
* Upgraded lightmap color depth from 16bit to 32bit (no more banding).
* Additional animated lighting effects.
* Enhanced particle effects.
* Enhanced weapon projectile and impact visual effects.
* Damage effects of certain weapons made more logically consistent.
and more - see the readme for full changelist.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.