Star Wars: Interregnum is an upcoming mod for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion that builds off of the highly successful Enhanced 4X Mod. Fleeing the unknown terror that is chasing the Vasari, the factions of Sins of a Solar Empire stumble on a temporary wormhole that takes them to a galaxy far, far away. The sudden arrival of armadas with trillions of refugees and thousands of warships between the events of Episodes 5 & 6 forever alters the Star Wars universe and plunges the galaxy into an unprecedented period of chaos and violence. Begun, a new conflict has.

Forum Thread
Interregnum Community Add a Hero Contest (Games : Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion : Mods : Star Wars: Interregnum : Forum : General : Interregnum Community Add a Hero Contest) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
Jan 1 2015 Anchor

Hello Interregnum Players!

Thanks to your marvelous support, our mod made 4th place for best upcoming mod in the recent mod of the year contest. As promised, in celebration of that accomplishment you, the players, will get to decide on a new Star Wars hero unit to be added to the mod (probably the next update unless the hero would have to belong to a faction that won't be ready yet, I.e. the New Republic).

In order to determine who the community wants to be added in the mod, we will conduct a little contest here on the forums. First, in this thread, players may nominate up to five heroes, provided said heroes meet the criteria in the list below. To advance to the next row, a potential hero must get at least two unique nominations and be in the top 10 of nomination totals. In the event of a tie I will break them the way all things gaming should be decided, with a 20 sided dice. :p After that, I will create a new topic with a poll where you may vote for your favorite hero of the 10. If the results of that poll are very close I may choose to do a run off, but more than likely the hero with the most votes will be the one to be added to the mod!

Nomination Criteria

1. The character must be a canon or Star Wars legends character.
2. The character cannot already be in or planned to be in the mod. A full list is below.
3. The character must have been alive at the time of the Battle of Endor and not already killed off in Interregnum's Lore. So no Grand Moff Tarkin, since he died at Yavin before this mod takes place, or Emperor Palpatine, since he died in Interregnum's Lore, or Jacen Solo, since he's either not born yet or a baby. :p

List of Star Wars Characters in Interregnum or are already planned.

• Darth Vader
  • Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Admiral Piett
  • Teren Rogriss
  • Baron Soontir Fel
  • Maarek Stele
  • Admiral Screed
  • Admiral Blitzer Harrsk
  • Director Ysanne Isard
  • Grand Moff Ardus Kaine
  • Warlord Zsinj
  • Admiral Ackbar
  • General Garm Bel Iblis
  • Traest Kre'fey
  • Han Solo
  • Wedge Antilles
  • Lando Calrissian
  • Boba Fett
  • Fenn Shysa

Once again, thank you for your support, any may the best character win!

Edited by: GoaFan77

Jan 1 2015 Anchor

Okay then, I'd like to nominate Admiral Natasi Daala whom would still be in charge of The Maw facility working on secret weapons for the empire, unaware of the changes taking place according to the lore.

Jan 1 2015 Anchor

Umm Mon Mothma, Leia solo, Luke Skywalker and Admiral Natasi Dalla.

Jan 1 2015 Anchor

Admiral Natasi Dalla

Jan 1 2015 Anchor

admiral Natasi Dalla, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Garm Bel Iblis, Han solo, and Boba Fett

Jan 1 2015 Anchor

Idjukt wrote: admiral Natasi Dalla, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Garm Bel Iblis, Han solo, and Boba Fett

Um if you look at the list, you'd see all of them but Daala are in the mod or are planned. You don't have to nominate people on the list since they'll be in no matter what. ;)

Jan 1 2015 Anchor

tyber zaan

Jan 1 2015 Anchor

1. Captain Pelleaon if you never specifically stated Thrawn claimed Chimaera when he was brought back early.
2. General Melvar, Zsinj's second-in-command.
3. As an independent hero - Prince Isolder from Hapes. I can't remember what you had planned for the Hapes cluster though.
4. Prince-Admiral Delak Krennel
5. The Maw Installation could be used similar to the pirate star bases, but with two separate heroes: Imperials or HTS can recruit Daala and everyone ese can recruit either the scientists or the prisoners in one of the projects under construction. (Sun Crusher is definitely out of the question, but the Death Star prototype could be used effectively if given enough limitations.)

Jan 1 2015 Anchor

grandadmiraldavid wrote: 1. Captain Pelleaon if you never specifically stated Thrawn claimed Chimaera when he was brought back early.

Thrawn is indeed commanding the Chimaera in the lore, but there is no reason that Pelleaon can't get promoted and moved to his own command on another ship. Just off the top of my head he's commanded the Victory Star Destroyer 13X, another ISD called the Firestorm, and he even took over command of the Reaper when Kaine died. For gameplay purposes it hardly matters, since Sins is hard coded to use random names for Capitalships, Titans and Starbases.

Jan 1 2015 Anchor

Either Pelleaon or Dalla. I also liked grandadmiraldavid's idea on the maw installation. Is it possible to implement that?

Jan 1 2015 Anchor

1- I'll go to the cliche and say Luke Skywalker, at least as a special ability to someone as a super fighter or as a capital ship using the force to enhance the ship, he did become the most powerful jedi after all.
2-perhaps Palleon.
3-Emperor Reborn as a Warlord.
4- Admiral Dalla.
and just a question, in you lore how does the sins folk sees The Force?

Jan 1 2015 Anchor

Someone wrote: 3-Emperor Reborn as a Warlord.

Just to make this clear here, for now I'm working under the assumption that the Emperor is truly dead and that he didn't get reborn thanks to the Advent Psionic attack disrupting his force abilities. If I choose to change my mind about that and add the Reborn Emperor later, he'll bring a lot more than just a new hero unit into the mod with him. ;)

Someone wrote: and just a question, in you lore how does the sins folk sees The Force?

The Traders see it with a bit of suspicion due to its similarity to the Advent Psionic abilities, but honestly they're not that different from a lot of non-Force users in the Star Wars galaxy, I.e. Mandalorians, Hapans, heck even a lot of every day Imperials who believed the Emperor's anti-Jedi propaganda.

The Vasari don't have any particular feelings toward it, like the Unity its just a tool their potential enemies or allies use.

The Advent obviously have the most complicated feelings towards it. For my purposes I've decided that the Unity and the Force are very similar entities. The difference is that all living things help generate the Force, whether they can use it or not. The Unity on the other hand is an energy field only generated by its joined members, yet it provides some benefits and powers (shared mind/feelings) to all that are apart of it, though some are better than others at using its greater powers (traditionally Women it seems).

The Ascended Advent tend to take a more scholastic approach to the Force, though being the ones that killed the Emperor they are troubled by the potential evil it can cause. Part of the reason the Triple Alliance attacked Endor was that the Ascended Advent felt Palpatine's dark presence and thought it similar to the looming darkness that they felt in their own universe. Its safe to assume Luke and some Advent scholars have swapped notes while trying to learn about the other, but at this point no Advent has tried to actually learn to use the force as well.

The Orthodox Advent are more hostile towards it, since they are trying to convert the whole galaxy to the Unity and see as Force as a competing Religion.

Red_5 wrote: Either Pelleaon or Dalla. I also liked grandadmiraldavid's idea on the maw installation. Is it possible to implement that?

Not sure what part you are referring to, but yes chances are many potential heroes would be acquired by "map events", not tied to one faction as a standard hero. Each faction can only have three standard heroes, so regardless of the outcome of this contest, no faction will get four exclusive heroes.

Jan 2 2015 Anchor

Natasi Daala
Lumiya
Mara Jade
Aurra Sing
Maximilian Veers

Jan 2 2015 Anchor

Admiral Sarn and SSD Terror (giving TIE Phantoms)

Admiral Natasi Daala (from Maw Instillation, maybe an ability to summon a Maw Super-weapon (sun-crusher, Death Star Prototype, I know its not Maw but World Devastator) with a timed life in the gravity well she is in )

Tyber Zann (His modified Aggressor would certainly be very game changing, or perhaps his criminal underworld contacts can offer unique economic or military benefits)

Gilad Pellaeon (His grasp of strategy from his time under Thrawn would allow him some distinct combat advantages)

Kal Skirata (Even though he is getting on in his age he can still command a ship and his clan of Clone deserters and Mandalorians can pull off boarding assaults and other special missions)

Also at this rate looks like Dalla will win hands down.

Jan 2 2015 Anchor

My vote goes for Talon Kardee. He would easily fit for any side that can afford him. For an ability he could even call in support frigates from his organization for a short period of time. Other options would be Daala and Mara Jade.

Jan 2 2015 Anchor

How about Admiral Victor Strang and his flagship Conqueror (superlaser mounted Imperial-Class Star Destroyer)?

Maybe in this lore, his superlaser is no efficient at destroying planets due to Sins fraction interference, made him had to deploy his flagship early.
Superlaser maybe not enough to destroy a planet, but sufficient enough to severely damage capital ships. :P

Jan 2 2015 Anchor

I would certainly vote for Tyber Zann. Bringing the nostalgia of EaW over to the platform it should always have been based on.
After him then I think Pellaeon, Veers and, just because that ship idea is awesome, Victor Strang. :P

--

For a break down of the new factions in DaC, have a read of my faction bios:
Moddb.com

Tobo i nae e-daur len a idh refn-en-alph berio len. Cuio mae!

Jan 2 2015 Anchor

Captain Pelleaon or him as the last Grand Admiral. For a time before Thrawn, he served the Empire under Isard (I probably misspelled it). He commanded the Chimeara as well!

Jan 2 2015 Anchor

deathtropper wrote: Admiral Sarn and SSD Terror (giving TIE Phantoms)

The Terror has already been destroyed and I believe Admiral Sarn killed by this time. The game that all comes from, Rebel Assault II, takes place before Episode 6. So I'm afraid he's not eligible.

deathtropper wrote: Also at this rate looks like Dalla will win hands down.

Yeah, but right now we are just in the nominations phase. Its possible that a lot of people like her, but she may not be anyone's #1 pick. And in the final round everyone has only 1 vote.

Since Pelleaon also seems certain to make it to the next round, I suspect the two of them will be splitting a lot of the same votes.

Wraithlord_Zeratul wrote: How about Admiral Victor Strang and his flagship Conqueror (superlaser mounted Imperial-Class Star Destroyer)?

I'm afraid like the Terror, the Conqueror was also destroyed before Endor (1 ABY). All the information I can find indicates it was a unique ship, so it is doubtful there would be any others. While Victor Strang himself is never clearly stated to have died in its destruction, Wookiepedia seems to hint that the source material strongly implied he did, so I think I'll have to veto this one as well. ;)

That said, earlier today before I saw this post I had an idea that, if it works out, might allow the mod's first superlaser to make an appearance in the next update. :p

hellfire97 wrote: Captain Pelleaon or him as the last Grand Admiral. For a time before Thrawn, he served the Empire under Isard (I probably misspelled it). He commanded the Chimeara as well!

At this point he's still a Captain, or at most Vice Admiral.

Jan 2 2015 Anchor

I vote for Victor strang and that superlaser flagship. I also agree though that it should be deployed early and therefore have a laser incapable of destroying planets. (It could still be used for siege purposes though as well as blowing up ships.)

Jan 2 2015 Anchor

Mandalore? Must be a crap load of options for a mandalorian leader.

Exar Kun's spirit should still be kicking at this point too. Kyle Katarn was a significant player for the repulic (SW: Dark Forces).

Jan 3 2015 Anchor

Crulak wrote: Mandalore? Must be a crap load of options for a mandalorian leader.

Exar Kun's spirit should still be kicking at this point too. Kyle Katarn was a significant player for the repulic (SW: Dark Forces).

Boba Fett is technically just became the new Mandalore in the mod's lore. And he's already planned to be in the mod in that capacity.

Jan 3 2015 Anchor

gillad pellaon?....

Jan 3 2015 Anchor

Booster Terrik with Errant Venture for the New Republic.

Jan 4 2015 Anchor

assassinx101x wrote: My vote goes for Talon Kardee. He would easily fit for any side that can afford him. For an ability he could even call in support frigates from his organization for a short period of time. Other options would be Daala and Mara Jade.

Yeah, Karrde would be awesome! Maybe a random encounter hero.

AureliusXXX wrote: Booster Terrik with Errant Venture for the New Republic.

Terrik would be another awesome hero to have, but I think he would be more of a Rebel Alliance unique hero rather than NR.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.