Star Wars: Interregnum is an upcoming mod for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion that builds off of the highly successful Enhanced 4X Mod. Fleeing the unknown terror that is chasing the Vasari, the factions of Sins of a Solar Empire stumble on a temporary wormhole that takes them to a galaxy far, far away. The sudden arrival of armadas with trillions of refugees and thousands of warships between the events of Episodes 5 & 6 forever alters the Star Wars universe and plunges the galaxy into an unprecedented period of chaos and violence. Begun, a new conflict has.

Forum Thread
Games starts crashing around 5 hours in (Games : Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion : Mods : Star Wars: Interregnum : Forum : Technical Support : Games starts crashing around 5 hours in) Locked
Thread Options
Feb 22 2020 Anchor

Hello!

Once again i find myself in the exact same position - after years, i still cant play this in late game. Different computer, OS, everything -)

Anyway, Im playing with few of the minimods, map Galaxy Far Far away, 10 players (at least one of every subfaction).

My last save and also last autosave are not loadable - the game stops responding when loading. If i load an older save, the game crashes

after a bit, maybe around where the non-working saves were made.

This is extremely frustrating, as after at least a hundred hours with this mod over the years - *i never finished any game*,

because it gets more unstable the further in you get. Is this to be expected? :(

Thanks in advance Goafan, oh mighty author entity -))

P.S.: Can provide the savegames in question ofc)

---

update

---

Ok, similar thing happened to me even without Interregnum, playing only with e4x - only a bit later - after about 7 hours of gametime, the game freezes... i load, repeat, freezes again.

So either the e4x or one of its submods are at fault, or the game itself is.

There are 5 factions present with near-full fleets and the galaxy is random-vast (150 systems), but that shouldnt make the game grind to a halt, no? Also, a meager 2gig of ram was used by the game at the time of freeze.

Anyway, i just thought Id give my two cents. If anyone finished a long match of Sins normally, lemme kno pls :D

Edited by: awaraziel

Mar 6 2020 Anchor

Feel free to upload a save game somewhere and send it to me. I'll see what my PC does with it.

There was a freeze bug in older versions of E4X, but it has been fixed.

Jul 9 2020 Anchor

i also had this, this morning i was playing with a friend, we were against two computer players and after 5 hours in it crash/glitched

Jul 14 2020 Anchor

I've broadly found that mod stability has had the biggest impact on the game experience, particularly on the biggest maps, so I've basically resolved that minimum minimod and graphic settings are required to prevent crashes, regardless of hardware capability. Even Medium graphics settings can result in fundamental instability. The game is nominally supposed to be stable up to a 2 GB or even 4 GB memory limit, but I've found that it's an unreliable measure because it will often still crash out of nowhere. It's unfortunate because my computer is more than capable of playing the game at Extreme settings with SinsRemastered and it looks fantastic for an hour or two, but being able to play without any crashes at the largest maps (i.e. Galaxy Far Far Away) is simply too good to pass up.

I play with the following minimods (Checksum 1017087137), which I think are the best combination of expanded gameplay and client stability. I set all graphics to minimum, and disable trade ship icons. This has allowed me to play on Galaxy Far Far Away for 9+ hours without any crashes. If I increase the graphics settings to medium, or add other minimods, then my computer will begin to crash in the second or third hour. There's certainly other mini-mods that are worthwhile (such as SinsRe, Beskar, Doubled Fleet Supply, Resetting Titan Levels, Enhanced AI, Lend-Lease Capitals etc.) but I would only use them on smaller maps or in multiplayer:

E4X Non-Vasari Phase Gate

E4X Max Starbase Upgrades

E4X More Tactical Slots

E4X Infinite Research

E4X Expanded Research

Star Wars Interregnum Beta 1

Enhanced 4X Mod 1.86

Jan 19 2021 Anchor

I just posted another thread about this before I saw this thread. Sorry about that. I will try the recommendations here to see if it helps. But, it is a shame we have to turn down the visuals to play.

Update. Turned down visuals and turned off trade vessels. Still freezing halfway into game (give or take).

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.