Star Wars: Interregnum is an upcoming mod for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion that builds off of the highly successful Enhanced 4X Mod. Fleeing the unknown terror that is chasing the Vasari, the factions of Sins of a Solar Empire stumble on a temporary wormhole that takes them to a galaxy far, far away. The sudden arrival of armadas with trillions of refugees and thousands of warships between the events of Episodes 5 & 6 forever alters the Star Wars universe and plunges the galaxy into an unprecedented period of chaos and violence. Begun, a new conflict has.

Forum Thread
2 questions about Galaxy Forge (Games : Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion : Mods : Star Wars: Interregnum : Forum : General : 2 questions about Galaxy Forge) Locked
Thread Options
Feb 14 2021 Anchor

Hi,

today i've tried the Galaxy Forge map editor and made a map and there are 2 problems I have to deal with:

1.) The game doen't show my map in the list when I don't place the file in the GalaxyForge folder but the other maps (from Interregnum) are in the Galaxy folder so why do they show up and mine didn't?

2.) I've used the planet types "Oceanic" and "Greenhouse" but they are both only available with the DLC "Forbidden Worlds" and I think because of that, the game says i can't play the game because of the missing DLC but after I opened the map "A galaxy far far away" from Interregnum, the map also used the ocean playnet type but I can play the map without any issues. So is it impossible for me to use these types when I don't own the DLC?

Any help would be very appreciated!

Feb 14 2021 Anchor

1. Galaxy Forge maps should be placed in a similar folder to the mod folder, something like Documents\My Games\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion\GalaxyForge. This causes them to automatically appear in the special "Galaxy Forge" tab/section when selecting a map in game. They will not show up with the standard small/medium/large categories.

2. Indeed, you do need the appropriate DLCs for the Greenhouse and Ferrous planets, along with all the new stars/uncolonizeable planets from Stellar Phenomenon. However, you can use Oceanic and Barren, because this mod actually added those planet types before the Forbidden Worlds DLC. These planets use our textures/stats/implementation, not the stock ones, so basically these planet types are represented, just not as they are in the DLC.

If you're getting into Map Making with Interregnum, you will probably find this post helpful.

Feb 16 2021 Anchor

Thanks for your help!

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.