The mod you are trying to view has ceased development and consequently been archived. If you are a member of this mod, can demonstrate that it is being actively developed and will be able to keep this profile up to date with the latest news, images, videos and downloads, please contact us with all details and we will consider its re-activation.
In 2004, Ubergames released the RPG-X modification for Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force, growing to become perhaps the most comprehensive interactive Star Trek roleplaying experience ever released. RPG-X transforms Holomatch from a frantic arena shooter into a sandbox tool set that enables players to share original stories inspired by a franchise spanning over fifty years and countless tales of starship crews exploring the galaxy on television. With permission from CBS and Raven Software, roleplaying community The Last Outpost has made Star Trek: RPG-X available for free as a standalone game. Star Trek: RPG-X has no predetermined missions, campaigns, or goals. Instead, in many ways a digital spin on the classic tabletop roleplaying game format, it is a massive, customizable sandbox that gives you the tools to create, run, and participate in your own Star Trek roleplays in a way not available in any other game.
If you are new to the game, The Last Outpost gives you two ways to get started!
Available for download here on ModDB is our Standard Edition installer. This is the smallest installer available - giving you access to the base content to get started and familiarize yourself with RPG-X. This doesn't, however, contain all the user-created content (maps, models, music packs) which our Ultimate Edition includes.
Ultimate Edition is the most comprehensive standalone installer ever released for RPG-X, designed and distributed by The Last Outpost. RPG-XUE contains the latest RPG-X client, as well as virtually every mod and file dependency a new user could possibly need. It’s a hefty download at 4.28 GB, but if you’re just getting into RPG-X, this is the most convenient package you can get!
Just to be clear - this is a full, standalone release. You DO NOT need Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force to download and play!
Patch Notes - Version 1.5
• This patch applies to both Ultimate and Standard Edition.
• Engine has been upgraded to The Last Outpost's custom fork of RPG-X 2.3.4B.
• The modified source code is available here.
• This is still backwards compatible with servers based on unmodified RPG-X 2.3.4B.
• An experimental x86 Windows dedicated server client is now included with all installs.
• Linux CentOS x86_64 server binaries are available separately here.
• Port 27016 should be forwarded for TCP and UDP in order to host a server.
• Shortcut target line parameters are no longer required to launch the game properly.
• +set fs_game RPG-X2 +set vm_game 0 +set vm_game 0 +set vm_ui 0 are enabled by default.
• Users may need to remove this string from existing shortcuts in order to avoid unintended game behavior.
• The player model list is now cached after initial load for the duration of the active session.
• r_primitives is now set to 2 by default in autoexec.cfg.
• This fixes performance problems on maps with improper render culling and/or complex brush geometry.
• Previous fixes requiring the .exe file to be renamed to fix performance issues are no longer required.
The Last Outpost, with support from the original developers, continues the work of Ubergames to develop Star Trek: RPG-X to give new and old players the best experience possible. We are delighted that new content is STILL being created and released for the game after all these years and I have also heard a rumor that there is a Linux version on the horizon...
Visit last-outpost.net for more information!
Stay tuned - and happy roleplaying!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
RPG-X Updates & Patch Notes - April 1st, 2018 - - Bug fixes are no joke!
Star Trek: RPG-X - Standard Edition is the smallest installer available. While the Standard Edition doesn’t contain any of the user-created mods developed...
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.