Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
TUTORIAL: MISERY 2.1.1 Debug Menu (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : TUTORIAL: MISERY 2.1.1 Debug Menu) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sep 25 2014 Anchor

MISERY Mod 2.1.1 comes with its own debug/spawn menu. i have however found NO feasable or basic tutorial on how to actually USE it. so im gonna try show you how.
1: ACTIVATION - first, you gotta switch it on.
HOW: Go to gamedata\configs\debug\xrs_debug_tools.ltxyou'll find something that looks like this. (its MUCH easier to read in Notepad++ believe me)

[plugin]enable = False developer_debug = false ; Enables dev_debug and sim_debugdebug_gulag = false ; Prints gulag infospawn_all_items_ ; Spawns all items on actor on net_spawn
change
[plugin]enable = False
to
[plugin]enable = True
And the system is enabled. Then, you can use it anytime. to test if its on or not, you simply have to see if the debug hud is on or off. (leave the debug hud on for now, it'll be useful later.)
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2: USE - using it in the first place.
When in game press ESCPress 'S' key to go into the debug menu.Left is the command console. i'll list all the ones i know how to use.
HELP - lists all available commands (eg: help )
CLEAR - Clears debug console (eg: clear )
GOD - enables God Mode (eg: god on - god off )
HUD - disables or enables the debug hud display. (eg: hud on - hud off )
INVISIBLE - makes player invisible. (eg: invisible on - invisible off )(NOTE: there are some limitations to it and it does NOT circumvent scripted events)
ITEM[List]- lists all items that you can spawn in the game. ITEM is the command to list everything, scrolls through the pages to get more items. (sadly ive NO idea exactly how to use it.... ive tried everything)
MONEY - gives player specified amount of cash. (eg: money 5000 )
TIME - time console allows player to set time of day.
now how to use it in the first place. you only need the tab marked SPAWNER and the first spot named Spawn Section to actually spawn anything.NOTE: WHEN YOU USE IT, IT SPAWNS IT RIGHT AT YOUR FEET, NOT IN YOUR INVENTORY. IT LITERALLY DROPS IT AT YOUR FEET.were going to use 9x18 FMJ ammo as an example.
to spawn an ammo box simply type in
ammo_9x18_fmj in the box marked Spawn Section then click on the button marked CREATE and then return to game. look down and 'poof' there it is, a box of 9x18 fmj ammo.
A FULL LIST OF EVERY ITEM AVAILABLE IN GAME CAN BE FOUND IN
Gamedata/configs/ai_tweaks/xr_corpse_detection.ltx
you can find the name of every item in game (that the devs actually put in anyway...)
3: THE DEBUG HUD
dont dismiss it entirely. its VERY useful. on the left you'll find ALL the info about your currently equipped weapon.
on the top right, you'll find ALL THE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU. location, direction, field of view, EVERYTHING. its VERY useful.
top center you'll find all the specific information revolving around - SPAWN LOCATIONS. this info tracks all of the necessary info relating to specific spawn locations and areas, including everyuthing thats actually IN there already. squad names, locations, IDs, everything you need to know to spawn anything basically anywhere, anytime. cool huh?

thats all i have for it so far. hope this is helpful :)

Sep 25 2014 Anchor

Good job! Any insight into GOD mode lol sounds interesting for end of playtime riot fun :-)

Sep 25 2014 Anchor

MISERY 2.1.1 Continued: Developer Debug HUD

open Gamedata/configs/debug/xrs_debug_tools.ltx with Notepad++ and look at line number 4.

you'll find developer_debug = false ; Enables dev_debug and sim_debug

This is a critical tool for anyone using the spawner to spawn squads, muties and hunting targets for weapon or equipment testing.

This command enables overlays and HUD icons within the PDA. Switch the PDA on and poof, it now has a new look. Red, Green and Orange spots marked with a funny T like symbol are everywhere. These are spawn locations.

Red means this is a scripted spawn area, and will only spawn its scripted monsters or targets WHEN THE SCRIPT IS TRIGGERED, and will not spawn any future monsters of that type unless prompted to by another script chain. Some of these Red areas instead spawn different sets of monsters in various frequencies.

Green means the location of a random spawn. Monsters, patrols, random encounters and mass mutant attacks are all spawned by these markers, each location is a 'nest' of sorts that spawns what are known as SIMULATION squads, produced by the ALIFE system. NOTE THESE ONLY SPAWN WITHIN ALIFE RANGE, so dont bother looking for spawns if its not in Alife range.

Orange is simply a green and a red overlapping to mark a random spawn and script spawn location. simple :)

Each of these spawn points has the following:

Spawn Point Name
Spawn Point ID
(where applicable of course) Spawned Squad ID
Maximum Spawn Cap (max number of spawns in that particular point)
Already Spawned <#>
List of all monsters/squads etc spawned in the area already.
Time remaining until next spawn (measured in seconds)

All spawned squads and targets will be viewable on the PDA as YELLOW MISSION MARKERS. All will show composition and number of members of that squad.

Squad markers contain:

Squad ID/Name
Current Set target area or actor/s to patrol/attack
Assigned Target area or actor/s to attack or patrol
Stay On Point - gives location of set patrol areas (where applicable)

Hope this helps!
Next post: Exact coordinates (best i can figure at least) of every location (locations are, saw mill, cement plant, etc) in game.

as for HTKblazers question, its god mode. infinite health, no radiation poisoning, infinite stamina, no damage from psy, etc. you get the picture eventually :)

Exact Coordinates of each location cannot be determined due to inconsistency and unreliability of HUD. (either that or i just suck. id go for i just suck.)

The XRS debug editor has another interesting system.

Line number 6 reads spawn_all_items_ ; Spawns all items on actor on net_spawn

this is very simple. on next startup, or next load, all non mission specific items (as follows) will be IMMEDIATELY in the players inventory.

All Armours
All weapons
Ammo for all weapons
All artefacts
All grenades
All Addons and Extras

Strangely, no food items, miscellaneous items or extra items appear. Only VANILLA items are spawned.

Locations of every item are in Gamedata/configs/ai_tweaks/xr_corpse_detection.ltx

NOTE: THE ITEMS LISTED IN xr_corpse_detection.ltx ARE EXCLUSIVELY IN GAME LOOT TABLES, THIS IS NOT AN ABSOLUTE LIST OF EVERY AVAILABLE ITEM. THIS LIST DETAILS EVERY POSSIBLE WEAPON AND ITEM THAT CAN BE SPAWNED FROM AN NPC DEATH. IT DOES NOT LIST STASH LOOTS OR MISSION/QUEST CRITICAL ITEMS OR OTHER LOOTABLES FROM QUEST LOCATIONS.

I FOUND IT Gamedata/configs/misc/Quest_items This document lists ALL available Quest related items in game.

example:

[device_pda_zat_b5_dealer]:device_pda (THIS IS ALL YOU NEED. simply type whats between [ xxxx ] and you'll spawn the item.
$spawn = "quest_items\device_pda_zat_b5_dealer"
visual = dynamics\devices\dev_pda\dev_pda.ogf
description = st_device_pda_zat_b5_dealer_desc
inv_name = st_device_pda_zat_b5_dealer_name
inv_name_short = st_device_pda_zat_b5_dealer_name
can_trade = false
cost = 0
quest_item = false
story_id = device_pda_zat_b5_dealer_id
inv_weight = 0.024

--

I REALLY suck. So i cheat.
Bite me.

Oct 5 2014 Anchor

Since you seem well informed on how this whole thing works i was wondering if you could assist me with something. You see Topol is dead for me... like for tons of other people -__________- and i cant seem to figure out how to spawn him and hes squad again or if i even can do it. So could you help me with this issue? Ive spent 8 hours playing the game and only now did i start doing scientist missions, but i went to jupiter in the first 2 h already and im not sure when those guys died thus making it kind of pointless for me to load back so far. If you could find a way to spawn them i would be bloody greatful and im sure a lot of people around here would be as well

Oct 5 2014 Anchor

Topol? there are threads already about that particular issue, BUT, since its such a common problem, i'll look around for the relevant spawn code.

ALSO, due to Misery's Alife, many other important NPCs can go missing. i'll see if i can find the spawn codes for ALL named (quest related) NPCs. and im NOT well informed. Im actually just fooling round in game and checking files, testing things, basically making it up as i go and posting the stuff that works. sadly the devs wont do this, so i gotta do that. its not accurate but it works (mostly)

NOTE: A SPAWN MENU MOD HAS BEEN CREATED THAT IS COMPATIBLE, (and fully tested) FOR MISERY 2.1.1. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND INSTALLING THIS ADDON.

Mega.co.nz

(this is the link for said mod. NOTE: FULLY COMPATIBLE WITH PRE-INSTALLED SPAWN MENU, BUT IT DOESNT HAVE EVERYTHING IN GAME, REMEMBER THAT!!!!)

--

Bite me.

Oct 5 2014 Anchor

Okay, thank you very much and good luck with your work.

Oct 9 2014 Anchor

Would anyone know the item name of Black's PDA so I can spawn it. I assume it's somewhere in quest_items.ltx ? I got attacked by his squad getting the documents from the plant but never saw him and couldn't find his corpse anywhere.

Dec 30 2014 Anchor

I know that this tread is probably dead but can you put a tutorial on how to spawn squads or what is the INI for the squads cause im really confused.

Jan 16 2015 Anchor

Yea, I'm having no luck with the ESC & "S" key to go into debug mode. Please clarify a bit more if possible. Thx

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Jan 16 2015 Anchor

The instructions in the first posting work fine. You will know it's working when the HUD displays over your game play. Use the list function to find the name of the item you have to spawn and make sure there is room at your feet where the item will spawn. Change the first line in xr_debug_tool.ltx to read [plugin]enable = true; false Start and open your save. Hit the escape key then the "s" key the spawner menu should appear. Type the name of the object you need in the line in the spawn section (making sure there is open space in front of your feet) hit create and there will be a message in the bottom left screen saying an object number 12345 was created. Hit quit and look for item at your feet. The hardest part is figuring out what the game items name is like af_compass for Noah's Compass. Don't forget to re-edit xrs_debug_tools.ltx back to [plugin] enable = false or you will be stuck with all that annoying info floating over your hud. The list function is less straight forward in the lower left section of HUD type list item put number of the page of items you want to list with no <>. There are 23 pages of items listed, not all are listed. st_items_quest has many of the quest related items like Black and Ridge's PDA's, etc.

Edited by: jasper34

Jan 28 2015 Anchor

the thread isnt dead ive just been struck by PS4 disease... havent had the chance to test any more. im picking Misery back up again. i'll get on it when i can.

--

Bite me.

Mar 17 2015 Anchor

Hey so it turns out god mode doesn't protect you from blowouts. Is there something (besides spawning anabiotics) that will?

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Mar 17 2015 Anchor

Just take shelter .... I've never once in well over 4000 hours of playing this game been caught out too far from shelter. God mode does make your stamina infinite; run Forrest, run ... On a similar note, Invisibility doesn't work for some mutants either. A shotgun works very well on them though :-)

Mar 18 2015 Anchor

I just finished clearing the bandit camp at the warehouses in Yanov and apparently the concrete garage there doesn't count as shelter... with infinite stamina I should be able to get somewhere else in time though! Thanks for the reply :D

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Mar 18 2015 Anchor

The corner where Jack waits at the checkpoint, I think the Tunnel between there and Bandits, & probably down below the Oasis should all be shelters. There must be a small spot, probably the corner where Mitay was held should work. There are a lot more than you would think.

Apr 4 2015 Anchor

How can I type _ in this debug console? I tried every key combination but it just writes russian letters...:(

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Apr 4 2015 Anchor

What language did you select on install? You are using the xrs_debug_tools?

kcs123
kcs123 Just Kcs123
Apr 5 2015 Anchor

joogergo wrote: How can I type _ in this debug console? I tried every key combination but it just writes russian letters...:(

Once game runing, it response to hardcoded key input. If you got dual language installed on windows, for example english and hungarian you can try to switch to english keyboard and try to write "_" in notepad to see what key you need to press. It hard to tell exactly how your keyboard is configured (hardware wise) but "_" should be next to "+" key, when you hold SHIFT and press that key.

If that don't work well enough for you, you can ALT+TAB game to notepad, write desired words in notepad and copy-paste it to debug console once you switch back to game.

--

Apr 18 2015 Anchor

Guys i need help. A quick assistance would be nice sooooooooooo. I started the quest where you are supposed to place 3 scanners in 3 anomalies (parking lot,bitumen, the last one), and he gave me 3 scanners. But the quest says i have to place one more in the concrete bath which i cant since i dont have it and herman wont give it to me cancelling my progress. So i tried for 2 hours to find the spawn code for the scanner and i cant. If some can find it please do an reply cuz I cant proggress any more threw the quests without that.

--

Phew, this could have gone worse..... oh wait, never mind.

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Apr 18 2015 Anchor

You were given 3 scanners. You can't sell them, so must have one in a stash. Find it. The quest_items file is in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stalker Call of Pripyat\gamedata\configs\misc path if you are using steam. Otherwise search your gamedata folder for quest_items.ltx. You can open it with notepad++ or just plain notepad.

The first 3 scanners go in the parking lot, fire anomaly near Jupiter plant, and the bath. It shouldn't be possible for you to put one in another until second scanner mission where you get the one for ash heap and swamp.

Snag could have one in his stash if you haven't completed that side mission yet.

Apr 18 2015 Anchor

Okay Huston found the problem. I placed it in the Plavni anomaly, for some reason it allowed me to do so, and now i dont have the scanner for the concrete bath anomaly. Checked all my stashes even Snags its not there since i had three and placed three. Im using a hard copy of the game so that doesn't help. I can't find it in quest_items. I can only find the monster scanner, the anomalous acitivity scanner is no where to be seen.

This isn't the first time Misery went bitchey on me. But the rest can be fixed by just simply shooting a bugged person. This is the first time a major flaw like this happened.

Plus i don't have Notepad++ which makes my life miserable when it comes to reading those folders.

--

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Apr 18 2015 Anchor

It's a free download. You will put it on every computer you have once you see how easy it is and it makes the files look right when you open them. Try the items.ltx file in same folder. Most of the quest specific items are in the other file; it's the first place I search. I will mention this bug to the team, but it can't be very common. If you just put them where the mission icons are you wouldn't have any problem. I think the anomaly_scaner might be what you are looking for. If not I will see if I can find any other likely candidates.

Apr 18 2015 Anchor

Thank you very much. I swear to god when i say that i love you xD. It helped me a lot with the tip for the ++ version. Made my life a hell of a lot easier, also if something like this happens again here is the code: "jup_b32_scanner_device ". Also there gives a bug with the bloodsucker lair. If you die and then reload the guy with you will repeat the process all over again like you are entering for the first time and will not talk. I found a way to fix his non talking to shoot him in the face. Thank you once again and im sorry that im late went away from home.

--

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Apr 18 2015 Anchor

Glad you found it. Which file was it in? Are you by any chance using quick or auto saves? They can corrupt your save games and cause unexpected things. I've never had a problem with the bloodsucker lair. Both of your problems are first time I'm hearing of them which is why I ask about the quick saves. Use hard saves only to prevent problems.

May 4 2015 Anchor

I followed your steps but when I press "S" nothing comes up. Any help?

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.