Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
Sniper - What are your favorite 2.2 outfits? (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : Favorite USS specialization : Sniper - What are your favorite 2.2 outfits?) Locked
Thread Options
jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Oct 11 2017 Anchor

Playing as a Sniper, which MISERY 2.2 outfits do you now use at various stages of the game and why?

Please only provide input if you have used the outfit in this class with MISERY 2.2's camouflage system taking into account the different day and night capabilities.

Here is a handy summary of the camouflage ratings for all the MISERY 2.2 Armors and Helmets Dropbox.Com

Oct 11 2017 Anchor

I'm playing as a sniper. At the beginning, I got the Overcoat, that has a great day and especially night camouflage. Then, when I could afford it, I got the Sunrise, that gives me much more armour protection and has more day camouflage power, as I usually work from 6:00 to 20:00 and only occasionally at night.

I'm at this stage of the 2.2 playthrough, for now, then I think I'll buy a scientific suit for helping scientists, looking for a SEVA further in the game. My target is the Bullat, but I don't know how it will behave in 2.2, I just used it in 2.11 and it was awesome. The Exo was my favourite in 2.11, but it's so powerful that I think I won't use it in my 2.2 playthrough.

Oct 11 2017 Anchor

Favorite outfit for the sniper? Depends on what I expect to be getting into. Heavy combat? The bulat suit and sphere m-12. Sneaky beeky shit? Fully upgraded ghillie suit.

Oct 13 2017 Anchor

Anyway to make the ghille suit wear down slower? it wears down really fast?

Oct 14 2017 Anchor
Bathrub wrote:

Anyway to make the ghille suit wear down slower? it wears down really fast?

I guess you should avoid to use it in combact.

Oct 14 2017 Anchor

I mean the ghille suit is used for combat so I'll just get a bulat armored suit

Oct 14 2017 Anchor
Bathrub wrote:

I mean the ghille suit is used for combat so I'll just get a bulat armored suit

Great choice the bulat! But the ghillie is not for combact, it's for ambush or for sniping.

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Oct 14 2017 Anchor

Precisely.

Oct 25 2017 Anchor

Actually none of the armors if it can be say. In 2.1.1 Misery i played like this because of stamina issues. Usually i go out without armor and if you're enough cautious no problem. I like Heavy Overcoat. I don't know if CS-3A suit (My No 1 Suit) available in Misery. I hope it is available in Misery 2.2 :)

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Oct 25 2017 Anchor

So, you haven't even tried 2.1.1 or 2.2 or read the original post ... The CS3a has always been in both. Your max carry weight is higher with a suit than without one. You stamina does not go up when you are not wearing a suit, and you can't use quick slots without an outfit. No artifacts or tech items to help you. You can carry 18Kilos more with 4 grids than you can with no slots. The load you carry has much greater impact on stamina than anything else.

Oct 25 2017 Anchor

Yes you were right Jasper. It will be out of thread but i don't like Misery's artifact features. At least i want to use one health restoration artifact. So all artifacts are useless for me. Maybe some electrical artifacts useful in stamina during gameplay. I almost playing Misery 2.1.1 2 years as a Sniper without armor or helmet. I addicted this status and pleasure with that. But time has come to buy a suit at least for Jupiter Underground mission :)

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Oct 25 2017 Anchor

Not using artifacts has nothing to do with the technical items which are all better IMHO. You will probably find 2.2 is very different. You can find a suit suitable for the tunnels by solving all the riddles.

Oct 26 2017 Anchor

I'm sure Misery 2.2 will be magnificent. Absolute Nature 4 newly released. I'm not sure i add Absolute Nature to Misery 2.2 I watched some youtube videos for Misery 2.2 and i didn't see any difference with Original Call Of Pripyat. For me, Misery's own weather graphics magnificent. Soever i'm playing Dark Mode without seeing day time graphics, Misery's own atmosphere looks great to me. Indeed i like Misery's radio feature and i managed to add some Turkish tracks. So game became good :)

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Oct 26 2017 Anchor

Atmosphere is for weather, and has not changed. AN4 improves performance if you use reasonable settings over AN3. It also allows you to choose any of 8 variations (including MISERY) for each of your maps. AN4.03 MISERY theme at 200m draw distance is included/integrated into 2.2. There is a great many more trees/shrubs/etc. than AN3. It better reflects real life Chernobyl flora.

Edited by: jasper34

Dec 4 2017 Anchor

in early/mid game I definatly moved away from the CSA3 in favor of the sunrise suit. Later on things have not changed so much, bulat then exo for those purposes and ghillie or SEVA for the other type of zone related mission.

Dec 5 2017 Anchor

Why is that ? In early i personnaly try to get a sunrise realy soon, but for mid, and even the start of end game (ergo : Right before you get to enter the prypiat tunnel), i prefer the cs-3a, as it has more bullet protection, more anomaly protection, etc.

The only downside is the awful camo in day and night. Is that what's making you prefer the sunrise for mid ?

--

Meow Slave.

Dec 8 2017 Anchor

After the starter jacket, I moved to the Sunrise. The high daylight camo is great. Weight upgrades make it a good loot suit, and the camo works wonderfully, allowing me to move around relatively unoticed. 3 armor slots is nice, and I tend to mix and match kevlar and titanium grids depending on the mission. Fully upgraded it weighs a little more than 12 kg (with weight reduction upgrade).

Next I bought a CS-3a from Nimble, but didn't care for it simply because of the low daylight camo. I wanted to use it, but I need my camouflage!

Picked up a orange SSP because you need one. Not a sniper suit though. Chimera spot you from across the map! But you need one for the swamp chopper and the scientists missions in Jupiter, and just artifact hunting in general.

Once I moved to Jupiter I found the Sunrise was no longer enough. The enemies use better rifles with better ammo, and the Sunrise just can't take hits. I kept the Sunrise because there are still times I prefer it.

From there I moved to a Bulat. This is a great combat suit. It still can be easily penetrated by certain weapons, you can still die quickly and brutally wearing one, and you lose some of the camo effectiveness. But it's much more survivable than the Sunrise. The healing upgrades are nice, but are more of an economic than combat advantage. Over time you'll save some coin maintaining your health, but it's way too slow to help in combat. And it is far better against mutants. Just yesterday I was doing the Stingray mission at the helipad. After completing it I was exiting the area and paused at the end of the wall to have a look toward the vent complex. And I saw four cats on the run. I backed out of sight hoping they hadn't seen me. Seconds later all four come round the corner and are on me. My Saiga dropped one, but the other three hit me. I took maybe five or six cat attacks before gunning them all down. I lost no health, and the suit was at 98%. Gotta love it. I would have been dead twice in the Sunrise. Fully upgraded the Bulat is a little over 20kg (including weight reduction upgrade) and has two armor slots, which I use for titanium grids.

For headgear I split my time between the cloth mask and either of the Sphere helmets.

Edited by: Reticle

Dec 13 2017 Anchor

Why is that ? In early i personnaly try to get a sunrise realy soon, but for mid, and even the start of end game (ergo : Right before you get to enter the prypiat tunnel), i prefer the cs-3a, as it has more bullet protection, more anomaly protection, etc. The only downside is the awful camo in day and night. Is that what's making you prefer the sunrise for mid ?

Yes the difference between "low" and "high" camo is felt very much, so it will be a big difference in gameplay, regardless of class. The exo is an expection in my view because of the very high durability and armor, but the difference in defence between sunrice vs cs-3a is not that high.

Once you get to jupiter you can be able to unlock next tier of trader inventorys (so that they sell rifle grenades, bulat & seva suit) very fast by completing the main quest lines first: checking on the helicopters and doing the scientist missions at the jupiter plant. In my view the bulat is the best armored suit for sniper around that stage, later on the exo takes over. especially the much increased carry weight in relation to the suit weight makes up for the low camo

Edited by: Mantis_Toboggan

Dec 13 2017 Anchor
Mantis_Toboggan wrote:
Why is that ? In early i personnaly try to get a sunrise realy soon, but for mid, and even the start of end game (ergo : Right before you get to enter the prypiat tunnel), i prefer the cs-3a, as it has more bullet protection, more anomaly protection, etc. The only downside is the awful camo in day and night. Is that what's making you prefer the sunrise for mid ?

but the difference in defence between sunrice vs cs-3a is not that high.
>> I personnaly find it important. Not only about Guns, but also in matter of anomaly protection if coupled with a ssp-99 helmet.

Once you get to jupiter you can be able to unlock next tier of trader inventorys (so that they sell rifle grenades, bulat & seva suit) very fast by completing the main quest lines first: checking on the helicopters and doing the scientist missions at the jupiter plant.
>> That's true, but i don't see it used by sniper. Ok, seva why not, but bullat ? That's a really heavy suit, that would be good on the assaulter, but on the sniper ? Nah, not roleplay at all.

--

Meow Slave.

Dec 14 2017 Anchor

>> That's true, but i don't see it used by sniper. Ok, seva why not, but bullat ? That's a really heavy suit, that would be good on the assaulter, but on the sniper ? Nah, not roleplay at all.

The fully upgraded Bulat I'm using weighs just over 20kg. Obviously lighter is better. The problem is we don't have all that many choices, especially if Man of Balance. There is no good combat suit north of the Sunrise, aside from the CS-3a, and some don't like that suit because of the camo ratings, myself included. So the Bulat is the winner by default.

And while lighter is better, and perhaps more suited for sniper roleplay, the bottom line for me is carry weight. Absolute weights don't really matter so much. How much under your max weight can you be? In my case, whether I'm using a Sunrise or a Bulat I'm usually rolling about 20 kg under max. I might be 5 kg lighter overall in the Sunrise, but that doesn't seem to make much difference. Add the Ergonomics upgrade and stamina recovery actually seem better in the heavier suit.

Edited by: Reticle

Dec 14 2017 Anchor

That's true, there is not really much choice. I did not yet got a "heavy" suit from duty, just the sunrise alike one. I don't know how it'll be. Camo with cs-3a is a really pain in the ass, that's true, i get spotted by merc at a distance, i tell you what, i'm a fucking stroboscope for them i think ^^. But i deal with it ^^.

Hmm... In fact, i can be 10kg under my max when combat ready if i wear the M12 instead of the ssp-99 helmet. But i need to carefully chose what i take with me. I'll think later about the Gilly. I have been disapointed by it in 2.1.1, we'll see if it's good with the new camo system. ^^

--

Meow Slave.

Dec 14 2017 Anchor

As I mentioned in another thread, it would be cool if the player could apply his own camo. Like a screen where you can actually 'paint' your suit, and the game would dynamically rate it's effectiveness. I know this isn't going to happen, but I'd love to get a CS-3a early in the game and improve it's camo. At low/low I'll probably never buy it. If I could improve it's camo rating through crafting, it would be a great suit to get while still in Zaton and before you've unlocked the Bulat.

I should add that in everything I post I am completely disregarding the Berill. Not sure why really. Perhaps because it fills a niche between the Sunrise and the Bulat, and not enough of an upgrade over the Sunrise to justify the cost? No one ever seems to post they are using one.

Dec 14 2017 Anchor
Reticle wrote:

As I mentioned in another thread, it would be cool if the player could apply his own camo. Like a screen where you can actually 'paint' your suit, and the game would dynamically rate it's effectiveness. I know this isn't going to happen, but I'd love to get a CS-3a early in the game and improve it's camo. At low/low I'll probably never buy it. If I could improve it's camo rating through crafting, it would be a great suit to get while still in Zaton and before you've unlocked the Bulat.

A wet dream for me, that cs-3a camoed ^^ Not even thinking of paint, but just, welt in the mud, and that's it, you got the best cammo made in zone ! (Ad some pelts and your done to fight anything :P)

--

Meow Slave.

Dec 15 2017 Anchor

Yeah, like Jasper said, a little industrial grease, and maybe some marsh mud and you're set. Or at least no longer a long range bullet magnet.

Mar 11 2018 Anchor

i was usingthe ClearSky suit with a Screen helmet the only downside is the artifact slots only 3 avalible

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.