Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
Recon - What are your favorite 2.2 outfits? (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : Favorite USS specialization : Recon - What are your favorite 2.2 outfits?) Locked
Thread Options
jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Oct 11 2017 Anchor

Playing as Recon, which MISERY 2.2 outfits do you now use at various stages of the game and why?

Please only provide input if you have used the outfit in this class with MISERY 2.2's camouflage system taking into account the different day and night capabilities.

Here is a handy summary of the camouflage ratings for all the MISERY 2.2 Armors and Helmets Dropbox.Com

Oct 11 2017 Anchor

At the start of the game the first suit i always get is the sunrise since it has highest camouflage and camouflage seem pretty op when your in bushes. also on your chart u seem to have day/night wrong for the sunrise in my game it has high day and medium nightss kevin 10 11 17 21 29 26 zato

Oct 12 2017 Anchor

Generally:
- Ragged coat, +3 Fireballs, +Heavy Closed-cycle breathing apparatus - because all I focused around was artifact hunting, ambushing neutral (Duty) squads for interrogations, and running around Zaton clearing mutants from various places, most notably Sawmill, sewer grate in antenna complex, sometimes open field for psy-dogs and bloodsuckers or pseudogiants.
- Sunrise bodysuit - I bought it almost immediately once I afforded a decent range of shooters in Zaton, moved onto Yanov with two suitable headgears - Sphere 12, which I bought some time after going to Jupiter, and SEVA Headgear that I mentioned early. I got my salary vastly increased by engaging into combat with typically hostile stalkers (Mercs/Bandits, outside of some previous situations I couldn't avoid in Zaton). Sunrise is really, REALLY good suit right now for midgame, until you get SEVA,
- Ghille - I bought ghille, curious whether it's been made any useful for Recon. Nope, sold almost immediately after I had to repair it exactly 5 times after 5 taken shots/bites (bloody dogs), and inability to scavenge anomaly fields. I don't like this armor, nor I recommend it for Recon,
- (post Yanov) SEVA - speaks for itself - basically "best" Recon armor you can have due to excellent parameters, and coupled with steel plates/some fire-based artifact, you get a decent (but still pretty bad vs AP rounds) chance not to die in extended firefights. All you really hate is dogs, and well-equipped stalkers that don't like your look in the morning (pretty bad camo). And you can safely explore any anomaly in the Zone (Parking Lot's radiation is still pretty nasty, but nobody should be hugging the pillar for too long). Also, it has basically the best stamina-purpose-carry-weight ratio for all good Recon suits, especially with 2-3 metal frames.
- (post Pripyat) - Bulat/Duty Bulat, +Sphere 12 - despite Recon having terrible stamina regen in these, Bulat and PSZ-something are excellent lategame armors for many purposes except hazardous (fire/toxic) artifact hunting. Excellent armor and rupture parameters make you almost immune to any bullets you get into your clad, and any nasty mutant wounds that would otherwise give you bleeding or whatever. Both of them have "Wound Healing" at respectable level after certain upgrades, and coupling it up with Eye of Flame makes you a respectable threat for anything but psy-mutants (managable with sporadic use of marihuana/psy-tabs or Sphere psy upgrades), and larger multi-mutant squads (I've mentioned one day that 3x geist types, 2x controllers and 3x burers almost wrecked me, and I was wearing SEVA at the time).
- Exo - I just bought it for the record - Exo is god-tier armor, but using it is basically cheating your death when used for anything but artifact hunting.

Oct 12 2017 Anchor

Khadahnir, what are your thoughts on the Wind of Freedom suit? In my mind, that suit plus the Sphere-08 (Sphere-12 is quite heavy and you can supplement the lower Psy resist with drugs) and attachments is the perfect non-SEVA kit for Recon.

Oct 12 2017 Anchor

Wind of Freedom is excellent if you plan to scavenge various areas with a lot of possible loot. Extra capacity due to low weight is great and it could be considered a direct upgrade to a Sunrise Suit. And it has decent camo values, too. SEVA still outperforms it overall, but it's properties in midgame are invaluable.

Though, I still would much rather use Sphere 12 due to the fact that it has increased head protection, and thus, there's less a chance that you get massive health loss due to AP bullet that struck your forehead.

Oct 15 2017 Anchor

With Recon start with Sunrise suit, and save money for Ghille because I was curious how it will work with new camouflage system and my playstyle as recon, so far I love it....wish I have VSS Tide camo version, like sniper class have SVD Dragunov.

I'm planning to play whole game with Ghille upgraded, only use SSP-99 for trip to Pripyat.

If you ask me Ghille is more Recon for me, cuz I can snipe from 1km with stealth from bush, but when I need to get realy close for pistol kill I need Ghille and it's working good for me :)

Oct 15 2017 Anchor

Well you certainly don't need no Ghille for that. If things go south and you get shot, you're going to spend a lot of resources to get Ghille back to certain condition, and close-range approach isn't exactly what you should aim for in Ghille most of the time. Camo suit is more for the likes who prefer to avoid enemies and engage them when they expect it the least, and Recon is more of run and gun class (at least IMO) that benefits from different strategies applied on specific enemies.

I'd much rather wound enemies than kill them, preferably with body shots if they're all in ironclad armor, or for feet if I can get close with my pistol drawn, capable of dealing minimal damage and slowly degrading their hitpoints, usually resulting in interrogation, and if not, an easy kill to execute. This approach usually results with some (sometimes fatal) damage taken, but the cost is usually worth the effort for pristine conditioned weapons and some additional ammo stashed on a guy.

Oct 15 2017 Anchor

Khad my bro I feel you with that ghillie suit being broken really fast

Oct 15 2017 Anchor

Recon of all clasess has very low damage rezistance so if you take so much damage that your Ghille is below 50% you are dead and tere is no point repairing the suit.

Everything I fix with kits that can be found in stash's or at high tier merc's.

I'm really loving Ghille as Recon.

Oct 15 2017 Anchor

I dislike ghille alot since it breaks really fast and forces you to play really slowly

Oct 15 2017 Anchor
nexushive wrote:

Recon of all clasess has very low damage rezistance so if you take so much damage that your Ghille is below 50% you are dead and tere is no point repairing the suit.

Yeah, pretty much that. I'd personally wear Bulat or PSZ-9D for any purpose, because I can't stand Ghille's damage resistance, and Recon really needs those armor breakpoints to stay alive in extended firefights or risk approach (I do that a lot).

Edited by: Khadahnir

Oct 16 2017 Anchor

Yeah ghille has okay protection but jesus it breaks really fast

Oct 17 2017 Anchor

When I wear Ghille I don't kill every bandit that comes, also avoid dogs or other mutants by hidding in bush that excludes snors....f.... snorks I hate them

There are plenty bushes to hide.

Aug 9 2018 Anchor

Never played the other classes cause recon has the fastest run speed. As we run the whole game, I can't imagine playing a slower class (I tested Assaulter for a few minutes, I felt like an old person unable to run from dogs).

Wind of Freedom + sphere 12 is definitely my favorite combination, for mobility reasons. Sphere 12 still provides good firearms and great psy protection, while the suit is the best of all time stamina provider. And 4 artifacts slots allows to adapt to any playstyle (titanium frames/camelbacks for even more mobility, flame/battery artifacts, kevlar/steel plates...).

I hesitated with Duty Bulat suit (1 artifact slot), which has great stamina upgrades and better firearms protection, but after some tests, Wind of Freedom still beats it on the stamina scale. And again, the 4 slots allows to reach the same, if not better, firearms protection if you want it.

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Aug 9 2018 Anchor

The Freedom suits also have better camouflage than Duty.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.