Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
Misery 2.2.1 Fixed Third Person Gameplay (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : PC setup : Misery 2.2.1 Fixed Third Person Gameplay) Locked
Thread Options
Oct 11 2018 Anchor

I have been digging the past few days to find a fix for gameplay in third person. So far I have come up with a temporary solution to gun misalignment when firing in third person, this fix (as far as I can tell) correctly aligns the camera to an over the shoulder view and makes sure that rounds land on target with your aim. Credits to Youtube user RRCM (Rico) for in-depth instructions and the mod creator on ModDB (SkyLoader).

"1. Make a back up of xrGame.dll

2. Unpack Cut X-ray Pack 1 for CoP to any folder you want Link: cut-x-ray-pack-1-for-cop-1602

3. Copy xrGame.dll to custom folder

4. Copy patch_zp, patcher.exe to same folder as xrGame.dll

5. Copy from 5_cam_2_fix xrGame.dif file to same folder as xrGame.dll

6. Run patch_zp and copy xrGame.dll to your Call of Pripyat bin folder."

There is a small bug with this fix that implements an unwanted tracking system when sprinting using the shift key but otherwise I haven't encountered any other issues (yet). I am requesting that the devs take a look at this and continue to expand on fixing the other main issues with third person, these include :

- Crosshair disappearing when aiming down sights in third person.

- Flashlight misalignment in third person using variants of the headlamp.

We are so close to a fully working third person in Stalker Misery, hopefully this will be addressed. Cheers.

Edited by: Blitz151

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Oct 11 2018 Anchor

MDT will not be working on this. You will have to seek help from the addons author to make it fully functional.

Oct 11 2018 Anchor
jasper34 wrote:

MDT will not be working on this. You will have to seek help from the addons author to make it fully functional.

God I wish, it looks like he has disappeared and there is a bit of a language barrier. To clarify, is third person being worked on at all by MDT even if it is just the crosshair and flashlight issues? I understand you cant just take the mod and reverse engineer it.

Edited by: Blitz151

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Oct 11 2018 Anchor

No, MISERY is not intended to be played in 3rd person or multiplayer. AFAIK, We are not working on those.

If you make the effort (use Google translate, run it backwards to see if what it translated still resembles your meaning ;) ) the author might work with you.

It is not at all uncommon, unfortunately, for modders to disappear. What starts with passion and drive can fade when obstacles are met, or priorities change.

We barely have time to work on our priorities, and none to spare for what our mod isn't intended to do, sorry.

Oct 11 2018 Anchor

Ill make an attempt to establish communication with the modder and if a fix is finalised ill post it on the forums here.

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Oct 11 2018 Anchor
Oct 12 2018 Anchor

Temporary solution to disappearing crosshair in third person is to edit the .ltx file of the weapon you are using in gamedata>configs>weapons and then search 'zoom_hide_crosshair' Note: this does enable the crosshair when using the iron sights in first person but not when using scoped attachments. The more I look into this the more it seems it was not meant to be lol

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.