Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
Choosing Which Knife to Skin Mutants With [MISERY 2.2] (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : Choosing Which Knife to Skin Mutants With [MISERY 2.2]) Locked
Thread Options
May 25 2018 Anchor

I've just started my first playthrough of 2.2 yesterday. I think the new features are pretty cool overall. However, I'm a little infuriated now that I've found out I (apparently) can't choose which knife to use for looting animals. I bought myself a hunting knife so I can kill dogs and fleshes without having to waste ammo this early in the game, but I'm also bringing a utility knife along since it has a low blunting rate for mutant skinning.

However, when I try looting one, the game always seems to prioritize the hunting knife for butchering. That's really annoying, especially since it's counter-intuitive (why would my character use the knife that's objectively worse for the job?). So, is there any way to make the game use my utility knife instead? Having to drop my hunting knife to the ground every time I want to skin an animal is kind of a huge hassle...

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
May 25 2018 Anchor

Get a hunters kit. Yes, there is a weight burden, but also zero blunting, sharpening costs.

Seeing as how there are ample mutants being constantly killed around you, why do you need to hunt them?

May 25 2018 Anchor

Well, thanks for the advice. I already found a hunter's kit in the meantime, and it's pretty convenient that it works without decay.

Still, I would've prefered a proper solution to what's clearly a design flaw in my mind.

And no, the majority of mutants I'm meeting is very much alive and craving my flesh ;), so I would like to make use of the more powerful knives the game puts at my disposal. Although now I'm already nearing the stage where I can afford virtually infinite ammo, so it's quickly becoming a moot point.

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
May 25 2018 Anchor

My AR always seems to dissuade them from getting within knife range. They are so easy to avoid or kill from a distance I never even carry a knife or shotgun.

kcs123
kcs123 Just Kcs123
May 28 2018 Anchor

However, when I try looting one, the game always seems to prioritize the hunting knife for butchering. That's really annoying, especially since it's counter-intuitive (why would my character use the knife that's objectively worse for the job?). So, is there any way to make the game use my utility knife instead? Having to drop my hunting knife to the ground every time I want to skin an animal is kind of a huge hassle...

Game look trough your items in inventory and always choose to use best available tool for a job. Unfortunately, it is hard to develop better script/UI that will allow you to choose knife you want to use for skining. It is necessary to adopt to some things that are within game engine limits and time frame available for development.

--

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.