Stalker: Legacy of Times is an attempt to create a STALKER-inspired game on CryEngine 2. Over the past decade, many other teams wanted to transfer the S.T.A.L.K.E.R game to the CryEngine engine, but none of them have made a full release. Many people still don't believe that this is feasible. We want to convince them the opposite once and for all. Since the beginning of development in 2016, our goal is to make a high-quality full-fledged mod based on STALKER universe.
In the mod, the player will have to try on the role of a military engineer who stole a flash card with secret data from the bunker, and then as a result of the chase, he ended up in the territories of the third quadrant of the Chernobyl's Zone of Alienation. Now he needs to find support among the stalker factions and get acquainted with the realities of the Zone, find out what data is hidden on the card and whether he is connected with the Zone. Apply his knowledge and skills to get to the bottom of things or perish in anomalies or from the claws of a mutant, trying to survive.
Features of the mod:
• Explore the territories to the northeast of the Chernobyl station near the borders of Belarus.
• An open world of about 4 square kilometers, including underground facilities with their own secrets.
• Continuous storyline with a wide variety of side quests.
• Implemented systems of trading, weapon modification, and equipment creation.
• New anomalies, new artifacts, a revised and improved artifact search system.
• New mutants, as well as reworked old ones.
• Random encounters, solving the puzzles and participating in legendary events.
• Custom lore, built on top of the original S.T.A.L.K.E.R. trilogy.
• Searching for artifacts using the detector.
• Charging the detector from the outlet.
• Some mutants (bloodsucker, zombies, poltergeist).
• NPC behavior in the camp.
• Sleep in designated areas.
• Gas mask for toxic areas.
• Dialogues (will further be reworked ).
• Test inventory (text version).
• Consumables (first-aid kit, canned food, bandage, vodka, anti-rad).
In the plans:
• A complete RPG system (inventory, loot, trading, dialog, etc).
• Craft of the equipment that will allow you to explore previously inaccessible places.
• Artifacts with positive and negative effects.
• Interactive areas with which you can interact using a variety of items (for example, to break the boards with a crowbar).
• English localization.
Hello, friends! It's time for a minor update report today.
We're happy to announce that our mod made it to Top 100 mods of ModDB to participate in 2019's Mod of the Year competition! Thanks to everyone who voted!
You still have time to vote for us in Mod of the Year, you can do it here:
Slowly, but surely we continue working on the mod. Currently we are focused on the location design. We're improving and elaborating the existing sections of the level, as well as creating new interesting places.
We plan to finish all the new parts, then fill the space between them to shape the complete picture of the game world.
Along with that we're working hard on the game programming. The RPG Inventory System is under active development, and will be the next major thing to announce in future updates.
Thank you all so much for getting this project to the Top 100, and we thank you in advance for your votes!
Stay tuned, leave your comments and don't forget to spread the word!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.