Stalker: Legacy of Times is an attempt to create a STALKER-inspired game on CryEngine 2. Over the past decade, many other teams wanted to transfer the S.T.A.L.K.E.R game to the CryEngine engine, but none of them have made a full release. Many people still don't believe that this is feasible. We want to convince them the opposite once and for all. Since the beginning of development in 2016, our goal is to make a high-quality full-fledged mod based on STALKER universe.
In the mod, the player will have to try on the role of a military engineer who stole a flash card with secret data from the bunker, and then as a result of the chase, he ended up in the territories of the third quadrant of the Chernobyl's Zone of Alienation. Now he needs to find support among the stalker factions and get acquainted with the realities of the Zone, find out what data is hidden on the card and whether he is connected with the Zone. Apply his knowledge and skills to get to the bottom of things or perish in anomalies or from the claws of a mutant, trying to survive.
Features of the mod:
• Explore the territories to the northeast of the Chernobyl station near the borders of Belarus.
• An open world of about 4 square kilometers, including underground facilities with their own secrets.
• Continuous storyline with a wide variety of side quests.
• Implemented systems of trading, weapon modification, and equipment creation.
• New anomalies, new artifacts, a revised and improved artifact search system.
• New mutants, as well as reworked old ones.
• Random encounters, solving the puzzles and participating in legendary events.
• Custom lore, built on top of the original S.T.A.L.K.E.R. trilogy.
• Searching for artifacts using the detector.
• Charging the detector from the outlet.
• Some mutants (bloodsucker, zombies, poltergeist).
• NPC behavior in the camp.
• Sleep in designated areas.
• Gas mask for toxic areas.
• Dialogues (will further be reworked ).
• Test inventory (text version).
• Consumables (first-aid kit, canned food, bandage, vodka, anti-rad).
In the plans:
• A complete RPG system (inventory, loot, trading, dialog, etc).
• Craft of the equipment that will allow you to explore previously inaccessible places.
• Artifacts with positive and negative effects.
• Interactive areas that you can interact with using a variety of items (for example, to break the boards with a crowbar).
• English localization.
Hey stalkers, tired of waiting for news? Here they are!
Regular posts on our media resources are showing that the development doesn't stop, making its way forward with an alternating speed. We've been often asked to show more video materials, and we are ready to fulfill your requests! But first read a short development report.
According to the development status at the moment:
• Few more people joined us to help with 3D modeling.
• The filling map with objects is nearing completion, an unspoken deadline was set by the end of this year.
• The final design document on all game features is being collected.
A few answers to some of most frequently asked questions:
• The modification is completely FREE.
• The game territories are located northeast of the Chernobyl nuclear power plant.
• Weapons creation will be finished in the later stages of development.
• The mod will be standalone.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.