The stand-alone mod S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly aims to be the most stable and customizable experience for fans of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games. It's powered by the Monolith 64-bit engine, a custom fork of the X-Ray engine.

Forum Thread
[Fix - Update 4] Addressing death_manager/npc_pda crash (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly : Forum : Support : [Fix - Update 4] Addressing death_manager/npc_pda crash) Post Reply
Thread Options
Dec 6 2019 Anchor

This is a temporary fix for the npc_pda crash, the same script extract from update 4:

Cdn.discordapp.com

Use it for the current time until the problem with db files get fixed

Dec 30 2019 Anchor

This has fixed the npc_pda crash, but since installing it I now randomly get this CTD:

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : <no expression>
[error]Function : CScriptEngine::lua_error
[error]File : ..\xrServerEntities\script_engine.cpp
[error]Line : 191
[error]Description : fatal error
[error]Arguments : LUA error: c:/games/stalker anomaly\gamedata\scripts\txr_pda.script:456: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'D' (a nil value)

stack trace:

Apr 11 2020 Anchor

for some reason variable D is not getting the game day properly therefore returned a nil. try to add the following code to line 456 of txr_pda.script and see if it fix the problem.

if D == nil then
D = 15
end

if M == nil then
M = 6
end

if Y == nil then
Y = 2019
end

Edited by: ninesky

Jan 19 2021 Anchor

I just started getting this crash yesterday myself, which is odd because after 451 saves spanning hundreds of hours, I haven't seen it once. Yet, yesterday it happened 3 times in a row. Not sure why, but let me slide this file in my gamedata folder and report back my findings.

Aug 19 2021 Anchor

I just started getting this crash yesterday myself, which is odd because after 451 saves spanning hundreds of hours, I haven't seen it once. Yet, yesterday it happened 3 times in a row. Not sure why, but let me slide this file in my gamedata folder and report back my findings.

I just started getting a similar crash to the one Darkh4 mentioned (also after hundreds of saves spanning hundreds of hours). By any chance, did it start happening after the in-game date changed to 2019/1/1?

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.