The stand-alone mod S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly aims to be the most stable and customizable experience for fans of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games. It's powered by the Monolith 64-bit engine, a custom fork of the X-Ray engine.

Forum Thread
Feedback for Update Preview 1.1.5 (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly : Forum : Announcements : Feedback for Update Preview 1.1.5) Locked
Thread Options
Jul 1 2018 Anchor

Please post feedback here if you tried Update Preview 1.1.5

You can find more information, a change log, and a download link for Update Preview 1.1.5 in the post "How to install Anomaly Repack"

Edited by: seargedp

Jul 2 2018 Anchor

To start with, thank you for the much needed grass options! -Extremely- helpful in making gameplay less tedious! Solid update and keep up the good work!

I'm only a bit into the game with the new update, and this is what I've noticed so far. (Running DX11)

Sound direction has been slightly improved but is still off. I've noticed double death sounds when killing bandits as well. Like I shoot one bandit, and I hear two death sounds. One coming from the direction of the bandit, another coming from a different direction. The two sounds are different, like the game is pulling from the random sound pool twice. Like "Cyka.." coming from the bandit and "Ay mylaa" coming from behind me. The doubling doesn't happen all the time though.

The next thing I've noticed is cutting mutant parts no longer stops you or plays a camera animation. You just click the parts on the menu and you get them as you click them, whereas before you clicked one and got the whole lot at once. Same for using medkits, no more animation and it doesn't lower your weapon or take you away from your inventory. Dunno if this was intentional or not though, I actually like the way it was before.

Edit: I was going to start a new game anyways so I'm not too worried about this crash, I figured I'd post it here 'cos It's reproducable.

Traveling from Dark Valley to Garbage gives me a fatal error

Expression : _valid(start_pos)

Function : CPHActivationShape::Create

File : PHActivationShape.cpp

Line : 177

Description : assertion failed.

stack trace : Press OK to abort execution.

Very unusual that I have a crash like this with Anomaly.

Edited by: wojola

Jul 2 2018 Anchor

Did you turn off the item animations? Could've happened by accident because there is a hotkey does that.

Jul 2 2018 Anchor

Yes indeed that was the problem. Wasn't aware there was a hotkey for that. Thanks! Also, edited previous post with an interesting crash. Not worried about overcoming it as I planned on a new game anyways. Thanks for all the support, you are amazing and do amazing work.

Jul 2 2018 Anchor

If that crash is reproducible, send me the save and I'll be able to debug and fix it

Jul 2 2018 Anchor

Played and recorded for over a hour. Settings are neat. Had no problems whatsoever. Great work!

--

Youtube.com

Merc lifes matter.

Jul 2 2018 Anchor

Visual changes are noticeable and appreciated. Looks fantastic. Only thing I've noticed is some much longer load times upon level transition. Definitely upon update to experimental as I pretty much updated then went back through. Well worth it though for the visual updates. Very well done.

Jul 3 2018 Anchor

A lot more stable! I'm playing on DirectX10 with out the random crashes and it looks beautiful! Apart from the Military Outfit being visually bugged i noticed you said you might of fixed the no rain sound issue when going into a new area.. When i was in the Swamp it was stormy. Traveled to Cordon and it was a bright day partly cloudy but i could still hear the rain like it was over me.

Jul 3 2018 Anchor

It's a known issue in Update Preview 1.1.5 that rain sounds sometimes don't stop when moving to another area or loading a save and will be fixed in the next update. Workaround right now is to save/load and it should stop.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.