The stand-alone mod S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly aims to be the most stable and customizable experience for fans of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games. It's powered by the Monolith 64-bit engine, a custom fork of the X-Ray engine.

Forum Thread
FAQ for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly 1.5.0 (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly : Forum : Announcements : FAQ for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly 1.5.0) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 2
Aug 25 2019 Anchor

Frequently Asked Questions for version 1.5.0

Q. I found a bug, where do I report it?

A. The team is mostly active on the Anomaly Discord server. We have a channel for bug reports there, but you're welcome to post in the forums as well. But the best place is to report bugs at our newly set up bug tracking system.
Make sure to provide a log, and describe the issue. Save files are also welcomed if the bug can be reproduced, you can find the log and savefiles in (Appdata) folder.

Q. Do I need to install Anomaly on CoP or anything else in order to play?

A. Anomaly is a "Stand-alone" mod, DO NOT install it on top any other mod or stalker game. Just unpack it in an empty folder and play.

Q. The game refuses to launch on my PC!

A. Anomaly is powered by a x64 OpenXray build, x32 systems are not supported.

Q. What's the difference between each option in the launcher?

A. Select the renderer you usually play with, then launch the game. It must match the renderer you pick(ed) inside the game's options
So when you launch the game for the first time or you want to change the renderer, change it first inside the game options (video settings), then exit, start the launcher then pick the new renderer and launch the game.
For r2.5, just select DirectX 9.0 in the launcher.
The AVX option is for faster maths on modern CPUs (may be too taxing for older CPUs). Enabling it speeds up pathfinding, rendering and physics.

Q. Can I use my old saves on new patches?

A. Unless the new patch specifies that you are free to use your saves from older patches, you must start a new game. Beta 3.0 requires a new game.

Q. Sound effects feel weird in my case, how do I fix that?

A. move "alsoft.ini" file out of "bin" folder, then restart your game.

Q. My game is windowed and I can't toggle fullscreen checkbox in the settings, what do I do?

A. open "appdata/user.ltx" and set "rs_fullscreen" to on. It should be like this: "rs_fullscreen on"
Save the file after the edit and restart your game.

Q. How do I start the Story?

A. If Story mode is enabled during new game setup, you can play Lost to the Zone storylines, and DRX/faction questlines.
Once you start the game, you should receive a PDA message from your faction leader.
Speak to your faction's leader and ask him about the current situation, then you will be able to pick what you want to play.
Lost to the Zone storylines are available for 6 factions only: Loners, Clear Sky, Ecologists, Freedom, Duty, Mercs.
If you are a member of Duty, you'll need to speak first to Petrenko AND THEN Voronin to start Lost to the Zone storylines.
Faction questlines are available for all (ISG/Renegades can play Mercs/Bandits quests)
One last thing: ISG have their own side story, and it will be available once you unlock them by finishing Lost to the Zone storylines.

Q. How do I start the debug mode?

A. Open "commandline.ltx" in the root folder, write "-dbg" in a new line, save the change then start the game.
You can use the old way by creating a shortcut of the launcher and put "-dbg" in its path.

Q. Objects don't render properly from far away, how do I fix that?

A. 3 new commands have been added for optimization to adjust rendering distance for: dynamic objects / static objects / shadows.
You can find their options in "advanced video settings", under the name of "rendering distance".
Accordingly set them to 0 in the console to disable rendering distance limits:
r__optimize_dynamic_geom 0
r__optimize_shadow_geom 0
r__optimize_static_geom 0

Q. Can I use addons from Call of Chernobyl or Last Day on Anomaly?

A. Absolutly not. As of 1.5 b3 update, the majority of files have been changed and you can't use addons without breaking your game.
Always make sure that an addon is specified for the current update before trying it.

Q. The game is too easy/hard for my taste, how can I change that?

A. A variaty of options have been added in Anomaly 1.5 that allows the player to control a wide variety of difficulty aspects.
Load your current save, and go to "Extra Options" in the main menu, then check out "Progression Difficulty" and "Gameplay Difficulty"
"Progression Difficulty" options control the economy aspects in the Zone, while the latter affects the player character's abilities directly.
You can find a full explaination in the "Enyclopedia, Features" category.

Q. The Zone feels empty most of the time, how can I fix that?

A. Make sure that the "Offline Simulation" option is off. You can find it in Options (Main) -> Gameplay Settings
Then you can try increasing the population factors in the gameplay settings, keep in mind that the biggest effect happens when you start a new game. Otherwise, the Zone will takes time to be filled with stalkers and mutants.

Q. When I choose to tear an outfit's patch off, I lose it. Is this supposed to happen?

A. This small option is meant to allow the player to prevent the disguise mechanic for a specific outfit, allowing them to more easily appropriate suits from other factions for non-espionage uses. The loss of the patch when torn is intended for balance purposes.

Q. How do I play as Renagade/Sin/ISG?

A. You can unlock bonus factions by playing and finishing the three main questlines in Story mode. Each stage will unlock one of those factions.

Q. I can't disassemble helmets, is this intended?

A. Yes.

Q. My PDA/Detectors/Torch no longer work

A. Each device is powered by its own batteries. You can unpack the battery out of a device, or insert it in (drag-drop the battery on the device) in order to use them again.
See the devices article in the "Enyclopedia, Features" category for more details.

Q. How can I order my companions?

A. There are 5 keybinds to control companions, see the keybinds section in the settings

Edited by: seargedp

Sep 22 2019 Anchor

Is it possible to switch between green dot sight and proper scope on the G36? - if so, how?

Sep 22 2019 Anchor
radic110 wrote:

Is it possible to switch between green dot sight and proper scope on the G36? - if so, how?

Currently it's not possible

Sep 22 2019 Anchor

Switching was possible in beta 2.4 wasn't it - or am I thinking of OGSM 0.6.9.3? so perhaps check that out.

Sep 22 2019 Anchor
radic110 wrote:

Switching was possible in beta 2.4 wasn't it - or am I thinking of OGSM 0.6.9.3? so perhaps check that out.

In 2.4 we did not have 3D scopes, so it wasn't possible at the time.

Oct 3 2019 Anchor

Will STcop 3.2 with PiP scopes and stcop 3.2 weapons and weapon animations come to anomaly? Please make it happen

Oct 31 2019 Anchor

It might be AMK I'm thinking of with G36 and I think maybe FN2000 that could switch between Tactical dot sight and long range scope.

Nov 4 2019 Anchor

I am not able to chat in Anomly discord channel ?

Nov 4 2019 Anchor
Manti5 wrote:

I am not able to chat in Anomly discord channel ?

You'll have to type "p!getrole stalker" like it says in the QnA channel

Dec 3 2019 Anchor

Can you explain what the Sound Fix in the launcher is specifically for?

Dec 30 2019 Anchor

Does anomaly need windows 7 with sp1 to run?

Jan 6 2020 Anchor

Does PDA/torch/detector drain the battery when it's in but I don't use the device at the moment?

Jan 15 2020 Anchor
nakilon wrote:

Does PDA/torch/detector drain the battery when it's in but I don't use the device at the moment?

I've noticed the PDA does drain battery but that's due to having the minimap enabled afaik, but I haven't noticed that with the headlamps or detectors

Jan 25 2020 Anchor

Any plans to add more mechanics, notes or letters? and secondary tasks? more things to interact please this mod is amazing

Jan 26 2020 Anchor

so i accidently install a shitload of addons into the game, and now the game crashed (it's my fault, i know) , but is there anyway i can uninstall them all without re-download the whole game? or if you can then please upload the "gamedata" vanilla file.

Jan 28 2020 Anchor
TomLink wrote:

so i accidently install a shitload of addons into the game, and now the game crashed (it's my fault, i know) , but is there anyway i can uninstall them all without re-download the whole game? or if you can then please upload the "gamedata" vanilla file.

Just delete it and and save axr_options.ltx

Jan 29 2020 Anchor

oh,thanks alot

Feb 14 2020 Anchor

Is Clear Sky faction going to receive their own unique proto exoskeleton?

Feb 14 2020 Anchor
Black_Winter wrote:

Is Clear Sky faction going to receive their own unique proto exoskeleton?

I thought they had one. But I remember the clear sky trader not selling it.

Feb 15 2020 Anchor

Weird. I never saw anyone selling them so maybe.. They don't have Nosorog suit as well, but I'm not sure if they need one, through.

Feb 15 2020 Anchor

so i have this problem: every now and then, in a save game, i found the game crashed during a few map like Red Forest or Jupiter.... (heavily loaded map) i check the RAM usage, no where near full whenever i played. it just happen like that,i fast travel there, got in the map, and the game crashed after 5 to 10 seconds. can someone help me please?

Feb 18 2020 Anchor
TomLink wrote:

so i have this problem: every now and then, in a save game, i found the game crashed during a few map like Red Forest or Jupiter.... (heavily loaded map) i check the RAM usage, no where near full whenever i played. it just happen like that,i fast travel there, got in the map, and the game crashed after 5 to 10 seconds. can someone help me please?

Without a log it's really hard to determine an issue. It should be a .txt file in Anomaly/appdata/logs, If you can upload it that would be helpful

Feb 18 2020 Anchor
TimMiner wrote:
TomLink wrote:

Without a log it's really hard to determine an issue. It should be a .txt file in Anomaly/appdata/logs, If you can upload it that would be helpful

oh nvm, i found the problem. i was using Boomstick and Sharpstick mod and i didn't use JSME correctly.i thought it was the game's problem , but turn out it was mod's problem. i put in like 25 mods so they were conflicted.

Feb 22 2020 Anchor

so i have a problem when i go to garbege the is glich out i can see anything i coud take a photo but i dont know how

Feb 24 2020 Anchor
sandy-m wrote:

so i have a problem when i go to garbege the is glich out i can see anything i coud take a photo but i dont know how

Press f12 then look in anomaly/appdata/screenshots

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.