Anomaly is a standalone S.T.A.L.K.E.R. mod powered by an x64 version of the X-Ray engine. Starting with version 1.5.0 Anomaly uses a custom engine build called the XRay-Monolith engine. After almost one year of development of the Anomaly 1.5.0 update, the mod continues its way on expanding and adding new features while maintaining a high level of quality and replay value.
Drink water, go and sleep for 10 hours, weake up and lose health of dehydratation. This is over now. A new age of dehydratation has arrived! This mod rebalances thirst and water intake completely! Including losing water while bleeding!
Special thanks for meatchunk, who gave me ideas and for tdef for the technical support!
I recommend using this addon of mine together with Arszi's Better Starting Armours:
In case if you want to play the default/realistic setting for thirstiness gain by bleeding, it will make new game easier for factions who start deep in the Zone, on maps with dangerous, high damage-output mutants.
* Periodic water loss is 1/3rd of the original value. (While standing in one place and doing nothing, or walking slowly)
* Water loss per hour while sleeping is 1/3rd of the original value.
* Periodic health loss by dehidrataion is 1/10th of the original value.
* Walking will increase thirstiness slowly. From 0 thirstiness you have to walk for 4 in-game hours to make the first thirst marker appear.
* Running/Sprinting will increase thirstiness quickly. From 0 thirstiness, you have to sprint for 10-15 in-game minutes to reach the first marker. Might feel a bit drastic, but you are not just jogging in the park! You are sprinting with tens of kilograms extra weight!
* Bleeding will increase thirstiness BIG TIME! With a heavily bleeding deep wound you might reach the orange/red thirst marker really quickly, if you leave the wound unattended!
* Thirst satiety while under the effect of maximum possible radiation poisoning is reduced to 1/3rd when you drink. (You are really sick, water won't stay in you for long...)
* The weight of Mineral Water is increased to 1.5 kilogramms. Based on its stats, that one is 1.5 Litres of water actually.
Does not require new game! Save game compatible! It will conflict with addons modifying drinks, but only the Mineral Water weight increase is in that config file, so that one might be skipped worst case scenario.
To install the mod, unpack the gamedata folder in the compressed file into the Anomaly folder.
I provided versions with less thirst gain by bleeding.
The folder "HalvedBleedingDehidratation" contains a version, in thirst gain by bleeding is HALVED.
The folder "MinimumBleedingDehidratation" contains a version, in thirst gain by bleeding is ONE FIFTH of the original value.
To install these versions, unpack the main "gamedata" folder into your Anomaly folder FIRST, then unpack the "gamedata" folder in the chosen reduced bleeding patch folder into your Anomaly folder.
If you find thirst gain by bleeding too dificult by any reasons, like other addons, equipment, starting place, etc, feel free to use one of the modified version.
I allow my mod to be used in other mods, as long as I am mentioned in the credits.