This addon is a rough port of several balance changes I introduced with Wounding 1.2.1 to Anomaly, however not everything is a cut and paste, a few things have been refined this time around and I've kept a few things from Anomaly intact, since I like its stronger mutant attacks and core features.
All weapon damage and ammunition have been recalibrated, overall weapons do fairly uniform damage by caliber.
- Many of the files in the creatures folder have also been changed, notably their bleeding, damage bones, and immunities have been altered to match weapon damage values.
- Ammunition grades now behave more uniformly. Compared to normal ammo old ammo loses 10% damage and range. while adding +0.05 dispersion and 25% faster weapon degradation. Damaged Ammo loses 25% damage and range, with an added +0.20 dispersion and 50% faster weapon degradation. AP, k_ap and penetration values are left unaffected, as these values are often compounded by the other values, perhaps in the future I'll alter penetration percentages, but so far this is rather trivial.
- Ammunition penetration has been vastly increased, The very minimum bullet penetration (k_pierce) is set at around 5, so even pistol rounds will penetrate wooden boards. Armor piercing ammunition penetrates various types of barriers, metal, wood, brick. Most assault rifles penetrate thin barriers, Full rifle cartridges are capable of penetrating brick and concrete walls and killing enemies hiding behind them. It is important to note that with STALKER's physics engine, that rounds passing through materials become deflected and lose energy, so hiding directly behind barriers is inadvisable whereas hiding a distance behind them is far more effective.
-Weapon balance vs humans is different vs mutants. Some of the existing ammunition types have been replaced with alternate types, Armor piercing ammunition is more effective vs human NPC opponents whereas ammunition with raw damage is often more effective vs mutants. As a result shotguns are very powerful against mutants, however with buckshot they lose their advantage against armored NPCs. Rifles which use full power cartridges as opposed to intermediate cartridges suffer from none of these deficiencies and are equitably effective vs human opponents as with mutant opponents, this is often offset by their increased recoil and slower rate of fire.
- Saiga 12S and Vepr have had their upgrade trees altered to use the Protecta upgrade tree in order to utilize full auto conversion.
- SR-25 has had its model replaced and uses a 20rnd mag as opposed to the 10rnd mag.
- All .338 rifles have had their weight and/or scope magnification changed.
- Most mutants have altered vision/perception changes.
- Zombified stalkers have had their accuracy and perception vastly decreased
- Human NPCs have had their night vision and ability to see through vegetation vastly decreased
- Human NPCs have had their moving accuracy decreased, and their standing accuracy vastly increased. i.e. engagements with NPCs far more often involve death if they stand still and shoot the player rather than if they panic and move while shooting at the player. In combat it is advisable to use surprise or distance and cover. Poor NPC night vision means less bullshitty getting instantly spotted and killed in pitch blackness, it is fairly easy to kill NPCs at night in closer engagements whereas in day time distance and vegetation and cover become more important.
- The player starting loadout has been significantly altered, this is pending changes depending on feedback, but each faction has different weapons and items available on start, and they are intended to play differently.
- Bandages, Vinca, and Tourniquet have all had their values altered to compensate for increased rate of player bleeding. Vinca is insufficient alone for heavy bleeding but works for light bleeding, Bandages heal slower, but restore bleeding more. Tourniquet acts faster stops bleeding much faster than bandages.
- Explosives have all had their blast and frag damage increased, and for the most part are an order of magnitude more effective than guns, much of this decision was to utilize them as a counter to mutants. Hand grenades, grenade launchers, rockets, and IEDs are an extremely effective solution against mutant hordes or small squads of approaching NPCs.