A partial mod conversion of Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3. This mod tries to improve, fix, and add what Red Alert 3 missed, forgot, or unable to do.
> Allied High Command translated the following article from a Japanese military/propaganda magazine:
From the stars!
The Empire’s latest fighter, the Gunlock!
Our glorious Imperial air force has been strengthened by the arrival of the latest scientific breakthrough, the Gunlock multipurpose fighter.
It came to be as part of a wonderful project to create a space fleet, but due to the barbaric influences of other nations, the project was halted. The Gunlock would’ve served as a space fighter, but it is no less deadly in the atmosphere! Enemy fighters will be swatted down like the flies they are by the dual gauss cannons.
But the most powerful weapon of the Gunlock is the destructive XWNS-3/5 Ray Force system, which is a revolutionary hybrid of nanites and Waveforce technology to create homing Wave force beams. Though it only works against luckless victims on the ground, the RayStorm is a sure-kill! When needed, the Gunlock can swarm any target by using the Ray Storm, firing double the usual amount of beams at once, while overcharging them. This does cause lots of extra heat, which just shows how devastating the Ray Storm attack is!
The Gunlock has yet to see any decent opponent, and it will join the ranks with the heroic veterans piloting the Mecha Tengu and Sky Wings to secure our air dominance for the glorious Empire of the Rising Sun!
> Notes from Allied Central Intelligence:
- The gunlock seems to be a high end air-to-air and air-to-ground fighter
- Weapons seem to be designed to take out vehicles, and all sorts of airborne targets
- The bending ray force tech has been observed by our spies, and seems reliably accurate.
- Firing the Ray Storm causes it to overheat and to cease functioning for a short period.
- Claims of the Empire having a space program have already been dismissed. It’s extremely unlikely.