This is a love letter to SCP and classic PS2 games like Silent Hill 2 and Resident Evil 4. The graphics are purposely ugly and old looking to make it feel like an old game from the early 2000s. The gameplay will be a combination of Silent Hill's and Amnesia's gameplay, with a hint of SCP : Containment Breach in there. Originally while working on the original Dark Confinement Mod for SCP - CB we wanted to make a new story for the "Ultimate Nightmare" update, but right now we can't update it to have an original story different from CB's story. This mod is a prequel to set up the new story that we will eventually tell in The Dark Confinement Mod, it tackles mental health and depression as its main themes as the main goal of this mod is not just to make as much of a horrific experience as possible, this mod also wants to tell a message about these themes involving mental health. There will also be tons of references and Easter Eggs to other games such as SCP - CB and Silent Hill. This project is still in the early stages of development so don't expect a new trailer soon; I am however, planning on uploading new screenshots of environments as soon as they're finished as well as mini teasers.
That is all so far!
This ModDB page is not done and will be modified later on down the line.
SCP - Dark Confinement Origins ALPHA 1.0.3 Changelog!
- Flashlight battery runs out slower
- There are slightly less batteries in the map
- Grammar issues and typos have been fixed
- Added more lights to the environment to help with progression
- Added objectives to the "To Do List" tab in the journal
- The player character now writes down notes in his journal in the "Notes" tab
- The ending of Chapter 1 is now different
- There are two new rooms to explore in the apartment
- The descriptions of certain objects have been changed/extended
- The flashlight is now slightly dimmer
- New folks have been added to the wall of Youtubers in the lobby
- The easter egg room has two new poster and a Stephano statue
- The blob room has more light and fog, as well as more detail to make it seem more gross
- New additions to the story have been made
If any of these changes are unsatisfactory let me know in the comments!
I hope you all enjoy! <3
~ Dark Confinement Studios
A new SCP anthology game has had its release date revealed, so here's five SCP mods to bring you deep into the SCP universe!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
This is Chapter 1/3 of SCP : Dark Confinement Origins! Read the description for a short step by step guide on how to install and play the mod if you do...
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.