A minor mod. Buffs existing units, adds some new ones, and changes the tech tree.
Yes, I'm back; no, I'm not dead. After an extended vacation (and the release of HotS) modding was postponed for a long period. However, new changes are upcoming, with the release of v. 0.9 hopefully soon. Until then, here are a few changes being considered:
- reintroduced with a new concept
- early game support unit
- Defiler Mound requires Spawning pool
- Attack deals Concussive damage (better against light/massive units)
- Passive ability: Provokation
- "Enemy units will prioritize this unit as a threat and will attempt to destroy it first."
- Mid- to Late-game abilities
- Plague, Ensnare, and Consume (separate upgrade from Queen) granted to Defiler - all require Hive tech to research except Ensnare, requiring Lair tech
- Abilities: Consume (separate upgrade from Defiler), Spawn Broodling, Parasite, Dmg ability (?)
- loses Maelstrom
- stunning mech and bio units has great potential, but too overpowered for such low-tier unit
- grant EMP (?, late game), snipe (research requires Factory)
- New structure required to produce Spectres and upgrade
- New ability: Omega Beam
- Yamato-like ability dealing 4000 Explosive dmg from 15 range
- Costs 250 E
- Can one-shot all but heroic units
- Charge time ~10s
- Granted Maelstrom (?)
These are some changes being considered at the moment. Over the course of the next week or so some changes will be finalized, others discarded, and perhaps a few new updates before the release of the next version of SotEF.
Also, a campaign series is underway and may be ready for v.0.9.0.
Questions or suggestions? Leave in the comments below. Thank you~
== NGsShadow ==
Article specifically about a new aerial spellcaster for the Protoss, the Oracle.
New heroic units for each race, plus a new armor type.
Detailed list of the changes regarding special abilities and upgrades.
Map designed to test units from the mod Saga of the Eastern Front
A minor-ish patch to Saga of the Eastern Front, with fixed bugs and balance issues addressed, and a few new tweaks to the general gameplay.
Saga of the Eastern Front Beta; Version 0.6.5. This version carries the previously mentioned balance changes plus a few more changes for several others.