It's finally here! Rise of the Mandalorians: Definitive Edition [Skirmish Beta] is at last ready for play! First and foremost, I want to thank everyone who has followed the mod. It's been a long.....VERY long road and I appreciate the dedication, patience, and outright awesomeness of the community on Moddb. I hope the mod is everything you waited for and more!
Now let's get down to the details. The Definitive Edition of Rise of the Mandalorians is an entirely new mod, rebuild from the ground up. All prior versions of the mod were scrapped, their files deleted (well, moved to a storage location anyway) and everything you will see in the new download was build from scratch. Everything from the base game has been remade. To really show what's transformed, here is a small list:
- New terrain textures and shaders for better looking, higher definition terrain.
- New or remade prop models for both land and space, redone with the new art style of the mod and with higher definition textures than the originals.
- New particle and VFX, remade using new texture files and new systems.
- New mesh and environmental shaders which provide anisotropic filtering of textures for greater detail.
- New music from the movies and other Star Wars media.
- New SFX for just about everything from weapons to footsteps and weather.
- New voice overs for some existing units and all new units.
- A selection of revised maps, which have better texture placement, detail, lighting, and prop usage.
- New models, textures, and rigging for every single original unit, which was selected to be featured in the mod.
- New units, all with original models and textures.
- Custom unit abilities with unique particle effects, descriptions and icons which did not exist in the base game.
- All new heroes as well as revised vanilla heroes and hero ships.
- New AI scripting which allows some units to use their abilities better or to utilize custom abilities where necessary.
- New scripts which allow for custom Z layered ships in space combat (no more linear space battles).
- New scripts which allow for randomization of infantry units, varying them from armor type, weapons, race, and species.
- Custom death clones for every single building and vehicle for both land and space.
- New projectile types with custom sounds, damage types, and particle effects.
- New starfield meshes which allow for parallaxing effects while scrolling, to provide a sense of depth while in space battles.
This list will most likely have missed some things. The bottom line is that after TEN years of work, having created this mod almost entirely alone...some things are bound to have been looked over while writing this! Besides I have to leave a little element of surprise!
The mod is available here on Moddb but is also available via the Steam Workshop, for those who own the game on that platform. So get out there Mando'a and show them what you're made of!
One last note: This release is SKIRMISH ONLY. Galactic Conquest will be released at a later time, as creating a truly great GC campaign is a project unto itself.
Thanks again for the years of support and encouragement. I truly hope you enjoy the mod as much as I enjoyed creating it! Vode An!