Rampage mod v1.1a for Quake II PRO client. Please consider donating. Info in the readme.
Here ya go. Please consider donating. Info in the readme.
Rampage mod v1.1a for Quake II PRO client
Producer: Nick Kehoe
Developer: Michał "Woju" Steinborn
Original idea: Decino
Designed to run on Q2PRO client by Skuller:
* pick up - ('+pickup', default "f") - pick up barrels or guards by holding the pick up key and then throw them
at your enemies by releasing it!
Barrels explode into many fragments. Lethal.
* kick - ('kick2', default "g") - kick your enemies and also throw them across the room!
* secondary attack ('+attack2', default "mouse2"):
-Blaster - charged shot. Hold to charge and release to fire.
-Shotgun - grenade launcher.
-Super Shotgun - triple shot with reload.
-Machinegun - EMP burst that stuns monsters(Strogg) and eats away Cell ammo from enemies. Costs 10 Cell ammo.
-Chaingun - toggle prespin.
-Grenades - Gravity Grenades mode.
1.Big radius/low damage mode, 2. Small radius/big damage - right after pressing/holding the right mouse button hold the first mouse button.
It can attach to metal surfaces once they activate.
This is one of the most fun weapons of the mod and the rotating of monsters affected by gravity field will be extended to players sometime in the future.
-Grenade Launcher - toggle Cluster Grenades.
-Rocket Launcher - charged up Super Rocket.
-Hyperblaster - switch between 3 modes of fire: 1. Standard, 2. Rapid-fire. 3. Slow/High Power.
-Railgun - ala Flak Cannon shot.
-BFG10K - Toggle fast fire mode.
*third attack ('+attack2', default "v") - this is currently for Hyperblaster only, used to switch the fire modes of the second weapon.
* Dual Wielding ('+dual', default "h") for Blaster, Shotgun, Machinegun, Hyperblaster.
* Grappling hook ('+grapple', default "c"). Shoot a grappling hook from your utility belt. Weapon independent.
* Super jump with fall dampeners. To activate the jump module hold crouch and then press the jump button. This is current speed-dependent, so you can super jump in any direction, however, sideways jumps have 1/2 penality. Fall dampeners work on the same
energy source which is rechargeable. When fully charged, you get normal quake II fall damage, when not it's increased based on the current charge level.
Notice: players must use +duck (default "e") and +jump (default "space") commands for this feature to work.
* Dead earth soldiers spawn sometimes items on map load, such as additional Blaster.
* Dead players drop Blasters. Also can drop them from their inventory with a standard drop command.
* Added unused player head hud icon from Quake 2 Test.
* Advanced gib spawn system with a blood pool.
* Players spawn with a Power Screen power armor(which works only in front) and additional 50 Cell ammo.
* Blaster/Hyperblaster bolts do drop over time due to gravity.
Control via: rampage_blaster_drop cvar. Default: 1, reasonable values 1-10.
* Ai upscaled Sky for unit 1.
* Dead Earth soldiers sometimes spawn random items on map load.
///Added in v1.1a:
* AI upgrade. Monsters better check for friendly fire when shooting. Prediction to the aim of the monsters
is added currently to Soldier. Random aggression factor on spawn that affects different behavior checks.
Soldiers fight a lot harder, they use all their available attacks.
* Four additional difficulty modes: cerberon, cerberon+, cerberon++, and cerberon+++. This affects some
monster checks and their accuracy.
* View punch on damage upgrade. This is scalable with difficulty level.
* Some tweaks and bugfixes.
* Item mod, that makes power-ups work on degrading and cell usage rather than time.
Rebreather and enviro suit makes the screen appear as viewed by a visor/goggles.
When activated, on every breath in water player spawns air bubbles. This whole item thing is controllable by
"rampage_item_mod" cvar which defaults to 1.
* All splash damage is divided to high damage in the center and additional shockwave blast.
Saving game currently doesn't work, as it has to be ported to special Q2 PRO save format. Use coop instead.
Weapon stay on coop is disabled. It will be added in the next update.