W-O-R: Weapons of Rampage v1.4a for Quake II PRO client
Producer: Nick Kehoe
Developer: Michał "Woju" Steinborn
Original idea: Decino
Locational damage by Paril:
Designed to run on (32bit for now) Q2PRO client by Skuller:
To run the mod, unpack the rampage folder into main Q2 dir (where the exe is) - so you would have for example C:/Quake II/rampage/
Then run q2pro.exe, open console (~) type: game rampage. The background will change.
* pick up - ('+pickup', default "f") - pick up barrels or guards by holding the pick up key and then throw them
at your enemies by releasing it!
Barrels explode into many fragments. Lethal.
* kick - ('kick2', default "g") - kick your enemies and also throw them across the room!
* secondary attack ('+attack2', default "mouse2"):
-Blaster - charged shot. Hold to charge and release to fire.
-Shotgun - grenade launcher.
-Super Shotgun - triple shot with reload.
-Machinegun - EMP burst that stuns monsters(Strogg) and eats away Cell ammo from enemies. Costs 10 Cell ammo.
-Chaingun - toggle prespin.
-Grenades - Gravity Grenades mode.
1.Big radius/low damage mode, 2. Small radius/big damage - right after pressing/holding the right mouse button hold the first mouse button.
It can attach to metal surfaces once they activate.
This is one of the most fun weapons of the mod and the rotating of monsters affected by gravity field will be extended to players sometime in the future.
-Grenade Launcher - toggle Cluster Grenades.
-Rocket Launcher - charged up Super Rocket.
-Hyperblaster - switch between 3 modes of fire: 1. Standard, 2. Rapid-fire. 3. Slow/High Power.
-Railgun - ala Flak Cannon shot.
-BFG10K - Toggle fast fire mode.
* third attack ('+attack2', default "v") - this is currently for Hyperblaster only, used to switch the fire modes of the second weapon.
* Dual Wielding ('+dual', default "h") for Blaster, Shotgun, Machinegun, Hyperblaster.
* Grappling hook ('+grapple', default "c"). Shoot a grappling hook from your utility belt. Weapon independent.
* Super jump with fall dampeners. To activate the jump module hold crouch and then press the jump button. This is current speed-dependent, so you can super jump in any direction, however, sideways jumps have 1/2 penality.
Fall dampeners work on the same energy source which is rechargeable. When fully charged, you get normal quake II fall damage, when not it's increased based on the current charge level.
Notice: players must use +duck (default "e") and +jump (default "space") commands for this feature to work.
* Dead earth soldiers spawn sometimes items on map load, such as additional Blaster.
* Dead players drop Blasters. Also can drop them from their inventory with a standard drop command.
* Added unused player head hud icon from Quake 2 Test.
* Advanced gib spawn system with a blood pool.
* Players spawn with a Power Screen power armor(which works only in front) and additional 50 Cell ammo.
* Blaster/Hyperblaster bolts do drop over time due to gravity.
Control via: rampage_blaster_drop cvar. Default: 1, reasonable values 1-10.
* AI upscaled Sky for unit 1.
* Dead Earth soldiers sometimes spawn random items on map load.
///Added in v1.1a:
* AI upgrade. Monsters better check for friendly fire when shooting. Prediction to the aim of the monsters
is added currently to Soldier. Random aggression factor on spawn that affects different behavior checks.
Soldiers fight a lot harder, they use all their available attacks.
* Four additional difficulty modes: cerberon, cerberon+, cerberon++, and cerberon+++. This affects some
monster checks and their accuracy.
* View punch on damage upgrade. This is scalable with difficulty level.
* Some tweaks and bugfixes.
* Item mod, that makes power-ups work on degrading and cell usage rather than time.
Rebreather and enviro suit makes the screen appear as viewed by a visor/goggles.
When activated, on every breath in water player spawns air bubbles. This whole item thing is controllable by
"rampage_item_mod" cvar which defaults to 1.
* All splash damage is divided to high damage in the center and additional shockwave blast.
///Added in v1.2a:
* Shotgun Guards and Machinegun Guards occasionally shoot grenades(alt fire from shotgun), Guardian can use flak canon, enemies attack faster(on cerberon difficulty), Infantry can fire a rocket, Blaster Soldiers can
use charged shots, Iron Maiden can fire super rockets, Tanks can fire all 3 weapons at once.
* Infantry’s chaingun/machinegun rotates.
* Cell generator item. When used it generates 1 cell every 10 seconds, produce a sound and alerts enemies.
* Guards don’t try to shoot you while dying when they don’t see you. When shooting they try to rotate to your location before their last shot. Sometimes they don't die immediately and try to shoot you. They provide cover fire.
* Added a score system for single player and coop. At each end of the unit, players go to intermission screen.
* Finally being able to save the game.
* Higher hp for Soldiers, scalable with skill. They also have power screen armor, scalable with skill. Cerberon difficulty.
* As always - some tweaks and bugfixes :-).
///Added in v1.3a:
* Monsters sidestep.
* Monsters jump around, they also jump away from grenades and stuff.
* Monsters randomly change facing direction, prefering open areas.
* A hidden easter egg.
* Gibs spawned from damage.
* Added berserker duck and hurt run with "hand" up animation.
* Added Soldiers animations to make him change leg direction when running.
* Added locational damage by Paril.
* Some new AI upscaled textures.
* Tweaked some bounding boxes of monsters, so they represent model size.
* As always - some tweaks and bugfixes :-).
You can help to fund the mod by privately messaging to our Facebook page:
///Added in v1.4a:
* Corpses move away from walls(so they are not half stuck in a wall).
* Gunner is aiming correctly with grenade launcher up and down.
* Railgun sec fire fixed/improved.
* Monsters get an angle punch on damage.
* Machinegun Soldiers fire in bursts more the farther they are, full auto when close.
* New* Soldier sounds. *(Actually parts of originals played backwards and made into new sounds).
* Gravity grenades and Super rocket emit black light, can be disabled by paranoia mode: rampage_paranoia_mode 1.
* Monsters temporarely loose accuracy when being shot at.
* Soldier sometimes shoots upwards when dying on his knees.
* Monsters are aware of current blaster drop set: rampage_blaster_drop.
* Monsters semi predict pattern strafing.
* 1 more death animation for player (taken from insade dudes).
* Blasters show up it's trail properly in close range.
* Chests and skulls are shootable.
* Projectiles are shootable, so one can shoot the rocket down (very hard though), and blaster bolts bounce of one another when they cross paths.
* Sun blinds the player (test version).
* There is a slight red tint when outdoors, and a very small red tint to screen when inside.
* Better jump animation for Soldiers.
* Improved Unit1 AI upscaled sky, and also low res.
* Some new AI upscaled textures.
* As always - some tweaks and bugfixes (and more bugs :-)).
Hi there Quake II MANIACS!
So I started to work (uh 3 months ago?? Jesus, time flies...) on the new version of this mod. It will be based on quite a few fixes from mr. QwazyWabbit, for which I'm thankful for the support.
I'm busy on live gigs stuff and also rock/metal band recordings, and currently got stuck at custom bfg sprite sp2 file which is somehow not working (which I already made a 'nice enough for now' ingame support 3d model). I have quite a substantial feature queue for this version along with fixes that need to be addressed.
I'm not sure if I will be able to add superior (bot like) navigation for monsters in this version, I was first thinking about writing my own, but that might be too much to chew on right now for me, as I'm not so advanced in programming. However, there will be quite a few nice things that I'm not sure I want to spoil for you :D
Somewhat in the future, I'll move to a custom RTX codebase, and probably to other derived from that (ekhem Polyhedron from mr. WhatIsDeze? ;) ) Basically, the end engine must be very flexible, fast, and made with expandability in mind. All kinds of bells and whistles are welcome. IDK, maybe I'll look someday at Knightmare stuff again. I'm open, but my eyes are on Q2PRO->RTX -> codebase. I didn't start at Q2PRO codebase just because I couldn't compile that ATT, and I didn't receive enough support ATT. Funny enough I started at 3.24 Knightmare which was a second logical thing to do ATT. :-)
If you're interested in putting some programming work here - PM me!
If someone would be interested in adding animations or even better - adding skeletal animations to existing md2 exports, then you're welcome to add your work to Rampage. Just contact me first before you start working :-). Or even better - have original 3dmax models XD. And even better - have original 3d landscape model :D.
If you're interested in making maps for Rampage custom SP campaign, contact me, I already started, one can have custom entities as there will be new monsters and new entitites.
If you feel that you could do some other useful work for this mod, feel free to contact me also.
If you have some feedback, you can write that down in the comments. If this will be too involved, also PM me :-).
We've got v1.4, what will happen next? What to expect?
This will be updated from time to time. The list is quite extensive.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
W-O-R: Weapons of Rampage v1.4a for Quake II PRO client. Please consider donating. Info in the readme.
W-O-R: Weapons of Rampage v1.4a source code for Quake II PRO client. Please consider donating. Info in the readme.
Here ya go. Please consider donating. Info in the readme.
This is a small patch fixing grapple sound bug. I also recommend installing openal, as this bug isn't occurring when using this sound system.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.