Rampage mod v1.3a for Quake II PRO client. Please consider donating. Info in the readme.
Here ya go. Please consider donating. Info in the readme.
Rampage mod v1.3a for Quake II PRO client
Producer: Nick Kehoe
Developer: Michał "Woju" Steinborn
Original idea: Decino
Designed to run on Q2PRO client by Skuller:
Locational damage by Paril:
* pick up - ('+pickup', default "f") - pick up barrels or guards by holding the pick up key and then throw them
at your enemies by releasing it!
Barrels explode into many fragments. Lethal.
* kick - ('kick2', default "g") - kick your enemies and also throw them across the room!
* secondary attack ('+attack2', default "mouse2"):
-Blaster - charged shot. Hold to charge and release to fire.
-Shotgun - grenade launcher.
-Super Shotgun - triple shot with reload.
-Machinegun - EMP burst that stuns monsters(Strogg) and eats away Cell ammo from enemies. Costs 10 Cell ammo.
-Chaingun - toggle prespin.
-Grenades - Gravity Grenades mode.
1.Big radius/low damage mode, 2. Small radius/big damage - right after pressing/holding the right mouse button hold the first mouse button.
It can attach to metal surfaces once they activate.
This is one of the most fun weapons of the mod and the rotating of monsters affected by gravity field will be extended to players sometime in the future.
-Grenade Launcher - toggle Cluster Grenades.
-Rocket Launcher - charged up Super Rocket.
-Hyperblaster - switch between 3 modes of fire: 1. Standard, 2. Rapid-fire. 3. Slow/High Power.
-Railgun - ala Flak Cannon shot.
-BFG10K - Toggle fast fire mode.
* third attack ('+attack2', default "v") - this is currently for Hyperblaster only, used to switch the fire modes of the second weapon.
* Dual Wielding ('+dual', default "h") for Blaster, Shotgun, Machinegun, Hyperblaster.
* Grappling hook ('+grapple', default "c"). Shoot a grappling hook from your utility belt. Weapon independent.
* Super jump with fall dampeners. To activate the jump module hold crouch and then press the jump button. This is current speed-dependent, so you can super jump in any direction, however, sideways jumps have 1/2 penality.
Fall dampeners work on the same energy source which is rechargeable. When fully charged, you get normal quake II fall damage, when not it's increased based on the current charge level.
Notice: players must use +duck (default "e") and +jump (default "space") commands for this feature to work.
* Dead earth soldiers spawn sometimes items on map load, such as additional Blaster.
* Dead players drop Blasters. Also can drop them from their inventory with a standard drop command.
* Added unused player head hud icon from Quake 2 Test.
* Advanced gib spawn system with a blood pool.
* Players spawn with a Power Screen power armor(which works only in front) and additional 50 Cell ammo.
* Blaster/Hyperblaster bolts do drop over time due to gravity.
Control via: rampage_blaster_drop cvar. Default: 1, reasonable values 1-10.
* AI upscaled Sky for unit 1.
* Dead Earth soldiers sometimes spawn random items on map load.
///Added in v1.1a:
* AI upgrade. Monsters better check for friendly fire when shooting. Prediction to the aim of the monsters
is added currently to Soldier. Random aggression factor on spawn that affects different behavior checks.
Soldiers fight a lot harder, they use all their available attacks.
* Four additional difficulty modes: cerberon, cerberon+, cerberon++, and cerberon+++. This affects some
monster checks and their accuracy.
* View punch on damage upgrade. This is scalable with difficulty level.
* Some tweaks and bugfixes.
* Item mod, that makes power-ups work on degrading and cell usage rather than time.
Rebreather and enviro suit makes the screen appear as viewed by a visor/goggles.
When activated, on every breath in water player spawns air bubbles. This whole item thing is controllable by
"rampage_item_mod" cvar which defaults to 1.
* All splash damage is divided to high damage in the center and additional shockwave blast.
///Added in v1.2a:
* Shotgun Guards and Machinegun Guards occasionally shoot grenades(alt fire from shotgun), Guardian can use flak canon, enemies attack faster(on cerberon difficulty), Infantry can fire a rocket, Blaster Soldiers can
use charged shots, Iron Maiden can fire super rockets, Tanks can fire all 3 weapons at once.
* Infantry’s chaingun/machinegun rotates.
* Cell generator item. When used it generates 1 cell every 10 seconds, produce a sound and alerts enemies.
* Guards don’t try to shoot you while dying when they don’t see you. When shooting they try to rotate to your location before their last shot. Sometimes they don't die immediately and try to shoot you. They provide cover fire.
* Added a score system for single player and coop. At each end of the unit, players go to intermission screen.
* Finally being able to save the game.
* Higher hp for Soldiers, scalable with skill. They also have power screen armor, scalable with skill. Cerberon difficulty.
* As always - some tweaks and bugfixes :-).
///Added in v1.3a:
* Monsters sidestep.
* Monsters jump around, they also jump away from grenades and stuff.
* Monsters randomly change facing direction, preferring open areas.
* A hidden easter egg.
* Gibs spawned from damage.
* Added berserker duck and hurt run with "hand" up animation.
* Added Soldiers animations, to make them change leg direction when running.
* Added locational damage by Paril.
* Projectiles (except hitscans for now) decelerate in water.
* Some new AI upscaled textures.
* Tweaked some bounding boxes of monsters, so they represent model size.
* As always - some tweaks and bugfixes :-).