Important things to know:
- This story requires the DLC Justine to run.
- It requires the Amnesia game itself of course.
- The CS is meant for Windows (I am not sure if it works on mac too.)
- This mod is quite large, about 1 gigabyte, but the download itself is only about 300 MB.
- This is a full conversion mod.
Things to expect:
- An engaging story.
- Custom music, entities and sounds.
- Different endings.
- A death system (you cannot die too many times or you will be game over.)
- Unique puzzles (I hope not too hard :) )
- VERY creepy atmosphere (at some points even nightmarish.)
- Unique chases.
- Well thought Jumpscares (MAYBE some cheap ones, but they are very, very rare.)
- Boss fight.
It has been 4 years since the release of this, and I felt the need to make a couple of changes to this old Custom Story. I know about the bug in the cellar, and some other inconvenient things, so I decided to make one last patch to address it. I made a list of changes which i will list here, so you can see for yourself:
patch notes 1.1
- neccesary --> necessary in pre menu
- Removed a - in the overhead layer
- Gave all the orbpieces capital letters in their title
- Added pre menu text that specifies that it is impossible to revisit previous levels
- Davids diary 7:
a happening --> something to worry about
- Prisoner's Note:
waiting until I can leave it ---> just waiting
saybr] ----> say
Let me concentrate on the situation at hand now. ---> Let me concentrate on the situation at hand.
but then ---> but that's just a facade.
He is trying to feel you as relaxed as possible. ---> he is trying to make you feel as relaxed as possible.
put ---> puts
- David's Diary 5:
system ---> plan
With my 16 failures and 2 successes now ---> With my 16 failures and 2 successes
with good things also come bad things… ---> Bad things come when you least expect it
people that disappear in these. ---> people that disappear in these woods.
the policemen had left with his car ---> The policemen had left
- David's Diary 4:
incite the children also ---> incite the children
was working on ---> had worked on
- Anne's diary 3 :
that answer is 'yes' every time. ---> that answer is still yes every time
the huge wine storage beneath the library when we first encountered that thing. ---> since our encounter with that thing
Clark fell ---> Clark fell over a barrel
to put it on paper now ---> to put it on paper right now
- David's Diary 3:
sometime ---> sometimes
- Anne's Diary:
Clark told me later ---> Later Clark told me
He thought that was very strange ---> very strange if you ask me
and we need something to eat or drink also. ---> and we also need something to eat or drink.
- David's Diary 2:
so no unwanted visitors can come and have a look at my portal. --> so no unwanted visitors at my portal.
- Clark's Diary:
However, ---> I am sure
Because there surely wasn't a door there, in óur house… ---> Because I know our REAL house doesn't have a door in that spot
Added: When we first got here,
- 2 houses?:
It's 2 days ---> It has been 2 days
And then there is that glowing orb also ---> and then there is also that glowing orb
- Changed the 3 levers in the cellar to just 1 lever, that opens the 3 portcullis doors.
- Added a 'subtle' hint in the first house map to make the first orb piece puzzle a bit easier.
- Made the orbpiece that is stuck in the pipe in the crematory part of the catacombs non-interactable. (not the orbpiece you need to progress. Yes, there are 2 props, one that is stuck, and one that comes out)
- Repositioned the hatch in the sewer part of the catacombs so it is now easier to go through.
- Made it impossible to mistakingly go through the dark mansion part again if you reached the church
- Made it impossible to reach the portal in the last encounter without actually doing the boss fight (Yes, I am looking at you, people who used the pipes to get around the invisible wall)
- Added extra message that explains what you need to do in the last boss'fight'
- Added extra message that tells you to assemble the orb before moving on in the church
- Added a locked sound to the dark maze level door
I am sure I still missed some things, but the big problems are out of the way. Everyone who wants a good ending can get their good ending. :)
PS: I was quite a bit younger when i wrote the notes (16 years) and English is not my native language. Though I changed a couple of things, I still wanted that 'not perfect english' vibe to remain. I think it's charming.
PPS: I know that Frictional games released update 1.3 with a level editor, but when I tried out that level editor my computer almost exploded. This mod wasn't made with 1.3 in mind, But i think it still works when you play the game, just dont go around messing with my maps with that version because you are going to get errors for sure
Some hints about the first couple of puzzles that are quite hard. WARNING: there are obviously spoilers here....
information about the BUGS and an isolated full conversion
Our mod is out! but there is , however, a warning.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Highest Rated (4 agree) 7/10
Well.. Finished it finally, but not that way, what I wanted to finish it. Well.. let's start with beginning I really don't know about those "Frame dropping maps" where this is coming from, but many map lagged so much, I was getting frustrated sometimes so much and that ruined my experience a little bit. Maps were good, really detailed ones, scary ones, cool chases, interesting puzzles, but why I can't give any higher than seven, were the bugs. Disappointing things: I noticed when exploring stuff…
Aug 5 2014 by HumiliatoR