"Dark Power" is the 3rd (and the last) DLC for Legend: Farewell Edition 8.3 and above. In this mod we control a shadowy character, a desperate echo of a cursed soul. In a quest to alter his fate - he is ready to pay any cost. Willingly signing a pact with the Heresiarch himself, now, given power and form - this dark warrior will tip the scales toward an even greater evil. Following his own sinister agenda or being merely a pawn in the mastermind's hands - little is known of this nameless stranger, or where his uneasy path may lead. This relentless rebel can wield both magic and guns. The mod combines the very best gameplay elements of all classes in Legend FW, along its own specials. The Mercenary is an ultra-versatile character, with his own custom-made story, artworks and ending. My last farewell to the realms of Hexen.
This is, ladies and gentlemen, the final cut. The Farewell Edition. Compared to version 8.31 - and unlike what i've stated before , - in the end it came to about 20+ different fixes, changes and enhancements in 8.33 It won't get any better than that, unless someone will come and make an RPG mod specifically for Legend...well, no reason to dawdle, grab them blades and spells, and lets rock this battle-adventure!!!
Final cut version of the mod, here is the globalized list of changes, fixes and upgrades:
1. Mage no longer has ranged capabilities for his first weapon.
It has been remade into a melee-only version. This is to eliminate
tedium that his first weapon originally inspired. This problem also
plagued the early version of the Marine Mod, but has been resolved
in the 2nd version, via an identical method. Play hard or die. :-)
2. Added power to Frost Shards.
3. Winnowing Hall has a design upgrade in the cave area.
4. Silent Refectory courtyard has a design upgrade.
5. Tomb of Menelkir - doors fixed -
so that the monsters can cross doors now.
6. Fixed the issue with death animations for Zedek, Traductus and Menelkir to appear correctly, when they are killed with a fire-based weapon.
7. Chapel Teleporters in the Monastery level and in the Chapels themselves now have corresponding textures for proper identification.
8. Missing sound for Corvus' Elvenwand projectiles fixed.
9. Several misaligned textures fixed. Particularly the one in the locked cabin in the Haunted Forest (Castle of Grief, first area)
10. Balance adjusted toward a more hardcore direction. Utilizing every available weapon, item, secret and resource - is much more prominent now.
11. Numerous secret places throughout the game now have additional hints.
12. Certain enemies have been moved to prevent the player from pot-shot kills.
13. Quartz Flasks appearance has been returned to the Hexen original,
to avoid confusion with the Marine Mod / Mercenary: Dark Power.
14. Fixed black/glitching stained glass windows in the Winnowing Hall entry chapel.
15. Korax has been given an improved attack rate, so he puts up
much more of a fight now... No longer a pussycat, he is :-)
16. Oddities with Korax death animation have been resolved.
17. Corvus' 1st weapon attack - slightly added speed.
18. Baratus' ultimate weapon - 30% increased power.
19. 1st level music changed.