MARINE MOD is a 2nd DLC expansion for Legend: Farewell Edition 8.33. It adds a new guns-blazing class to the already existing sword&sorcery; quartet. This particular character is not some code copy-paste from Doom. The mod was tailor-made for Hexen:Legend FW, using Hexen tools and mechanics. The Marine has his own unique weapons, a special custom-made storyline, artworks and his own kick-ass ending sequence.
Finally, version 2.1 of the mod is here. Featuring a hefty amount of various upgrades and fixes - both aesthetic and gameplay-wise , it turned out to be a rather significant update, and thus required much more testing than expected. Moreover, looks like it paved the way to an update coming in the not-so-far future: Legend Farewell Edition ver8.43 - as Marine Mod 2.1 is based to a great degree on that update. The story of this character will continue in "Deathkings: The Return".
Here is a general list of updates, (compared to version 2.0) :
1. Completely reworked all sound FX for all weapons. Now we're in business!
2. Changed the way shotgun works: it no longer consumes extra ammo at close range.
Fine-tuned the way its increased damage attack works (melee or point-blank range).
3. Dramatically increased the effectiveness of the Ice Flechette.
Not only can it be dropped from the air or high ledges, but its ice blast
becomes absolutely devastating. It is very effective even against the
shielded enemies. Flying enemies, however - are likely to be unaffected.
4. Desolate Garden level - altered extensively, - to upgrade its decorative design
much further than Legend833, and to get rid of the "boredom of the switches", which plagued
this level since the original. It has a completely different feel and action intensity now...
One of the future updates, that was designed for Legend 8.43
5. The Decimator - Marine's Ultimate Weapon - now has a combo attack,
which allows you either to use only the shells ammo - when firing
up close (piercing shot only), or at long range - dual ammo,
respectively both piercing and incendiary shot.
6. Fixed missing death scream for the Chaos Rider
7. Fixed identification for the Monastery Chapel teleporters.
8. Added secret place hints in several levels.
9. OVER 70 different aesthetical fixes / adjustments in the levels:
texture offsets, incorrect & missing textures, etc...
10. Castle of Grief, 2nd part of the level - some of the hills around the area are climbable now.
11. More hardcore gameplay balance. Use everything or perish!
* * * * *