(I have had to make this heading larger as people don't seem to be seeing it)
- La Guerre de Cent Ans -:- The Hundred Years War -
La Guerre de Cent Ans - The Hundred Years War is a total overhaul mod for Medieval 2: Total War.
It aims to introduce a new regional campaign to the world of Total War. You can fight with the French, the English or with another major player of this era. Next to England and France you can fight as the Duchies of Burgundy or Savoy, as the Holy Roman Empire, the County of Flanders or the Kingdom of Aragon, and more.
La Guerre de Cent Ans is made by:
on a mountain (mod leader)
Vasileios_the2nd (almost everything)
theStig (unit coding)
with contributions by:
B5Draal (religion > culture conversion)
Flimmeister (unit balancing)
Moomooman (historical battles)
and =The Naked Fanatics= gaming clan
- A complete new campaign map. Even though the map only holds France, England and adjected territories this map is 20% larger than the original MTW2 map, with considerably more landmass. Fight in real mountains and navigate your navies on to four large rivers in mainland Europe.
- Twelve factions included, Ten to play with: England and France fight against eachother and ten other combatants, HRE, Aragon, Flanders, Savoy, Burgundy, Scotland, Navarra, Brittany, Castille and Wales. All factions have new or revamped unit rosters.
- Several new or re-skinned units to fight with:
- Units will only be recruitable from castles. In order to be strong you have to defend tactical points on the map while attacking as well. Professional armies offer little choices, but you can always rely on mercenary companies to bolster your lines on the battlefield. Around 50 mercenary units included:
- New models on campaign map:
- Total unit balancing, for both SP and MP. All units will be balanced out, to create as much accuracy and fun as possible.
- Historical Battles, made by Moomooman. Refight the Battle of Crecy or the Siege of Orleans
Extra links for help should the need ever arise
Important note -- If you are using steam please go to these links to read about launching games on steam without exe launchers. Steam-Mods-Launcher-v1-0 and The ToolBox - The Universal Mod Launcher v1.204 if anyone makes this work for steam please contact me I will add files to moddb
I cannot get this mod to work on steam as I have a non-steam version and I have not got the time to look into it as I have open projects that require my time and attention. This mod was built for Medieval 2 but works if you have Medieval 2: Kingdoms, cannot say for steam versions.
I have also included the main forum as this was created a while ago now and there may not be much developer help.
This versions creators page is below I thought it would be a good idea to also add it here.
Download file link is here;
TW centre link page;
I have not personally tried this version as i am chocablock with tasks at this time and barely have anytime to myself.
Information from above link;
Having come across this mod several times in the course of Q&A due to it's restriction of being an 'old' mod I decided to port the mod to kingdoms and with it to steam. While at it I also set it up for use by the Mac version of the game.
Please note that this is based on the original mod (0.99), files were only edited to ensure compatibility, some were removed as they exist in the original pack or are no longer needed. As such the original permission for the mod applies:
InstallationThis is one of my 'click through' installations.
Version History1.0 - 18th June 2019-
ported to Kingdoms- Steam compatible, no further action is required
- all files are small caps to support Mac installation
- files were only edited if they were otherwise not compatible
- assorted graphic elements added to distinguish from earlier versions
- minor fixes and adjustments:provided custom battle locations
provided missing sprites
resolved silver surfers
resolved past leaders and under age heirs in family trees
A description of all the update revisions for the main game La Guerre de Cent Ans -:- The Hundred Years War.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.