Kane's Wrath Unofficial Big Bang Patch 1.04 is a mod that adds few new things and tries to balances the game a bit more from my and the community ideas while at the same time also tries to save the most import ingredient at bay: The "fun".

Forum Thread
Need your opinion 13 (Games : Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath : Mods : Kane's Wrath Unofficial Big Bang Patch 1.04 : Forum : Polls : Need your opinion 13) Locked
Thread Options
egozi44
egozi44 ~The Moding Otaku~
Sep 3 2017 Anchor

So I have yet another poll for you guys (please also make sure you take a look on the old poll in your free time):

Zone Juggernaut:
CNC4 Juggernaut Render

command and conquer 4 experience

so I originally wanted to leave this unit as easter egg till the spin-off mod

as it will ruin ZOCOM uniqueness imo by simply adding them what they lack (despite the fact I gave them and any other GDI's related-faction in the game the option to use pitbull as weak artillery after upgrade) , but I realized something: People don't realized I added this option to the pitbull or just don't uses pitbull that much in late game.

that made me reconsider if to add this unit to ZOCOM (after few edits that it),
So what do you think? add it in price of losing uniqueness? or keep it out as easter egg (btw some of you can test it out in the current released build if you know how to train it, and tell me what you think about it ingame)

Poll time:

1. Add it! ZOCOM are the weakest when it come to artillery!

2. Don't add it! are you nuts? they be OP with all of their sonics and planes!

3.Add it after all, but weak the hell out of it so it will be the weaker juggernaut from the three.

NTBC-Codename-Condor:
hqdefault
So some people told me they wanted to see the C&C4 firehawk in the game, my problem was that I didn't had any rule for this guy, I thought I may add it as easter egg or as plane that will serve the GDI's air carrier ship in the naval expansion I plan to Try and add.

But then I rethink about old idea I had and thought it may work (i discarded it for being OP last time),
Adding this plane as supportive plane that only shoot emp rays, It sound annoy and OP but with the fake unit cap-like that most GDI planes have, the player won't be able to spam them too easy, also if i make them tir3 supportive planes they could serve Zocom pretty well in late game, Think about it: You EMP'd some unit in similar style the RA3's Rocket angel does, and meanwhile send Shatter or plane like the orca to finish the job, that alone can give unique gameplay to ZOCOM.

Of course the plane will need to be pretty weak so people can get rid of it pretty fast but that the general idea, what you think?

Oh and if you wondered why I want to uses the firework model for it, it pretty simple, if you look on older sketch of the TT's firehawk you will notice that EA hint that plane was supposed to be called Condor and was supposed to be supportive plane (though they may meant it was planned for the supportive class), I would like to say this plane was never supposed to be the new firehawk but I truly am don't know if it was supposed to be the new main bomber or just supportive plane that relate to the firework family.
CnC4 GDICondor
Therefore I will prefer to call the new unit Condor but since there's no unit's voices of any unit in C&C4 that say that name I may need to go with other name like Paladin, unless someone is willing to VA it (If someome does, contact me)

Poll time:

1. Add it to ZOCOM! they need more stuff!

2. Don't add it, You went insane?! that thing can still be OP!

BTW you see the updated changelog here:

Moddb.com

Edited by: egozi44

Sep 3 2017 Anchor

I think you should add it!Great mod BTW!!!

Sep 3 2017 Anchor

Yes Ive been waiting for this for god knows long xD :-)

Zone Juggernaut for ZOCOM that works like in C&C4; it shoots 3 sonic grenades as same type of launch the Zone Orca does, the blast from em does 25% less damage to structures than GDI & Steel Talon Jugs but with grenade type that allows to deal bit extra damage to infantry better and small splash damage radius good to hit more than 1 unit thats grouped together.

Basicly it sacrifices bit damage to structures but gains splash effect that deals bit more damage to infantry and more chances to have 2 out of 3 thats launched hit a target.

Sep 3 2017 Anchor

Add them to ZOCOM

Sep 3 2017 Anchor

I may proberly change my mind after this but here goes :-)

Condor as Teir 3

Its a Support type of unit than offensive due its weapon is to drop a EMP on target to help support others.

Unit cost $1800

When upgraded with Ceramic armor, it however has less Hit points than Ceramic armor firehawk so it still has to be handled carefully.

EMP effect last only 3 secs

With that players who decide to use lot of EMP in fights... unit's cost will convince them they shouldnt need alot of them unless they are harvesting Blue tiberium, with EMP only last 3 secs they still have to focus with sucha short time to make them count, but with good timing this unit can turn the table against the opponent with Zone shatters, Zone orcas & Zone Raiders able to take their shots and retreat safely.

Sep 4 2017 Anchor

put them in Zocom

Sep 5 2017 Anchor

I would like to vote with my numbers please

Zone Juggernaut: (ZOCOM) 1.

Condor: (ZOCOM) 1.

Sep 14 2017 Anchor

Add them! no question! xD

but if i may say so i have some suggestions:

Condor: very fast aircraft with 2 air to ground anti vehicle EMP missiles which will be fired(both in 1shot) from long range. (damage of missiles is strong and can disable enemy vehicles temporary, best against T3 units)

Condor: Very fast Anti air jet which carry 6 anti air missiles (each sweep 2 shot) which will do aoe damage (good vs mass of air units such as venoms or scrin ships)

Condor: Very fast aircraft armed with EMP lasers! the laser is not very strong in term of damage against T3 units but can deal decent damage vs T2 units and good damage vs T1 units

Oct 6 2017 Anchor

Great new units! Brilliant add-ons.

The new Juggernaut looks dodgy, I mean, shooting shorter distance but much stronger bullets (though it is not necessarily aligning to the length of cannon bore but makes the feeling of that). I am not quite interested in CnC4 but CnC3 is a completely different story to me. Why not add it as some secret technology when you combine 2 or 3 GDI types (e.g. construction yards, tech buildings) together or spied technology (if you have one) like RA2 does. RA3 is not my fancy at all, too, which, in that case, I prefer Starcraft II over RA3. ZOCOM is more like a side requiring flexibility and strategic skills. I mean, in original game, it is harder to play ZOCOM equally good than other GDI sides, but when you manage it, it will not disappoint you. Adding Juggernaut directly to ZOCOM will simply break the original compensated balance between each other and gradually change the sense of CnC3KW, if you catch the point.

Replacing the firehawk with the condor might be the right thing for ZOCOM. There is no plane like dropping bombers all the way along the battlefield (quite impressive in modded RA2) but there is enough EMP fires I felt (do not want to see the battlefields full of EMP flashes, say, enough white to flush your eyes and enough black after to blind your brain......). Therefore, add it or not, I prefer adding in more gentle ways or not adding at all.

Another suggestion I would make is, I see the absence of construction add-ons. Very few to none even talk about adding a fascinating building or defense tower into this game. I know most are not architects, but playing units is not the whole story. What I found outstanding in this game is its complexity in setting up bases directly against/interfere with units apart from only units againsting units. Hence, enriching units will inevitably weakening the implementation of base defenses and special technology structures and, at the end of the day, very few would bother to build up a carefully woven fabrics of towers to over-watch the battlefield. I have so many ideas of how the field can be planned and fabricated, adding tank bunkers and other support chains to enrich the frontlines but sadly, never saw anyone here talking about such topic. I even made the models of what that tank bunker could be. So, that is what I expect to see sometime.

Hope this may help and happy modding,

Edited by: Cilene

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.