Half Scale 1.20 DC
For Dawn of War: Dark Crusade
Weird Installation note: due to a dependancy in the mod manager (for all mods, the thing in the main menu), make sure you have Adobe Acrobat Reader 7 installed. Weird but true.
For old out-of-date versions see bottom.
Smaller units, Grander Battles!
This mod scales down everything in Dawn of War by half, including all units, speeds, and weapon/ability ranges; unit caps, however are increased. This lets you fight massive battles, with larger armies, on effectively huge maps!
* nearly everything is scaled down by half
* choice of doubled or tripled caps (for unit hardcaps as well as squad/support/pop)
* compatible with the Dawn of Skirmish AI Mod
* Necron Warrior build time penalties reduced, initial cost is the same
Exceptions to the scaling:
* buildings remain full size
* hero personality hardcaps are not changed (eg. Necron Lord, Command Squad)
* most area effect ability radii are not changed
* mines are regular size, but have twice as many charges and cost twice as much
You can choose between the various options in the Game Manager in the Main Menu, or from the Start Menu. The AI has been tweaked to let it take full advantage of cap increases.
Half Scale can also easily be played with the Dawn of Skirmish AI mod. Simply choose the option from the Game Manager or Start Menu. You'll need to install Dawn of Skirmish separately, available at the Dawn of War Complete Mods forum: Forums.relicnews.com
I also recommend the Camera Zoom mod, which lets you zoom out more for a commander's perspective: Dawnofwar.gamefront.com
Run the installer and choose your Dawn of War: Dark Crusade directory. Once you're done, run Dark Crusade normally and select the Game Manager from the Main Menu. Choose the version of Half Scale you'd like to play: Half Scale with double or triple unit caps, and with or without the Dawn of Skirmish AI Mod. You can also use the Start Menu shortcuts.
You can remove the mod by running the uninstaller from the Start Menu, from the half_scale\uninstall directory, or from the Windows Add/Remove Program utility.
Things that were rescaled (all races):
* unit sizes
* unit shadows
* unit sight/identification ranges
* unit speeds
* weapon range
* projectile speeds / artillery error offsets
* ability ranges
* building and unit effects with a radius value (eg. explosions)
* squad formation spacing (set to 2/3 size to prevent excessive collisions)
* multiple squad formation spacing
* response ranges relating to melee/range combat and stances
* weapon hardpoints
* unit melee_sizes
* selection circles/boxes and volumes
* Individual and general unit caps doubled / tripled
* Squad/Support Cap upgrades/buildings adjusted for cap increase
* AI tweaked to take advantage of larger unit caps
Things that were deliberately not rescaled:
* building sight ranges
* building control ranges
* building size
* Ork pop tech requirements
* Most area-effect abilities (eg. Orbital Bombardment) keep their original radii of effect (but activation ranges are still halved); see the included readme file for details
- Beam weapon effects (such as lasgun beams) will seem to stop half-way towards the target; they are in fact hitting, but the problem is they are scaled both with the base unit model and proportional to the target's distance as a fraction of the max range. So they in effect get scaled twice, with the unit and with the max range fraction.
- Undeployed Heavy Weapons Teams (Imperial Guard) look full size; couldn't seem to change their visual size. The Deployed version scaled properly, though.
I used Cucc's handy RGDEdit tool extensively. I included the script files I used for making mass changes to the attribute files. The SGA archives were created with Relic's Mod Packager.
Feel free to post your comments and feedback here or at the Relic forums (the Half Scale thread at Forums.relicnews.com). Thanks for playing Half Scale!
The latest version of Half Scale is now updated for Dawn of War: Dark Crusade! This mod scales down nearly everything in the game by half, and allows you to build two to three times as many units, for that truly epic feel. For more details visit the homepage, or go straight to the download:
This new release fixes bugs in the previous version: - squad leader bugs fixed, all are now buildable - ability bugs fixed - Chaos Horror model bug fixed...
The Half Scale Mod is now compatible with Dawn of War 1.4. Half-Scale Mod shrinks everything in Dawn of War down to half size (and increases all pop maxes...
Mainly fixed the selection circle/box sizes, but also a few tweaks: -- Changes from v0.8 to v0.9 -- Major changes: * scaled down the green selection circles/boxes...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Half-scale Mod 1.04.
Half Scale Mod Version 0.93.
This mod scales down everything in Dawn of War by half, including all units, buildings, speeds, and weapon/ability ranges; unit caps, however are
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.