It's been a while sice the last update.
Most of that time I spent on finding out what was causing texture corruption and crashes. I tried out everything and I still can't determine source of the problem. I only found out that some models can cause semi-random crashes after recompilation. So I guess that it is the obstacle that I can't overcome in near future so for now I will release beta version of PC Edition mod. There would be two versions of that: full and stable.
- In full version all models are recompiled: it provides proper autoaim and model textures with more reasonable sizes. So performance is slightly better and there is less texture corruption but it crashes on loading screen every 2-3 chapters.
- Stable version has untouched monsters and weapons models so auto-aim is broken and texture corruption is more severe.
Beta release changes list:
- Finally found out what was breaking music on PS2 and fixed it.
- Erased little man sprite from HUD.
- New auto-aim lock sprite. I tried it to make it less annoying and to look like HL2 side bars.
- Fixed auto-aim on all monsters (full beta version only).
- Recompiled all models to downsample textures so they are have more reasonable sizes (full beta version only).
- Replaced first Hazard course map with converted from PC map (converted with BS2PC).
- Replaced ugly dithered skyboxes with a little bit less ugly non-dithered ones.
- Created new models for health stations, hev chargers and retinal scanners so they look like ones in PC version.
- Created new save game pictures. New save pictures are mostly based on Half-life: Source chapter icons.
- Modified crosshairs so they should be more visible now.
- Crashes every 2-3 chapters on full version.
- Texture corruption (example on picture below).
-------- Alpha release state information --------
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
This is beta release of Half-Life: PC Edition mod for PS2. As far as I tested it works on both PCSX2 and real PS2 (music should be OK now on PS2). Installation...
Alpha release. OPL ready: put ISO file in DVD folder. As far as I tested it works on both PCSX2 and real PS2 (music is broken on PS2).
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.