1. You need to go into the folder named "Medieval II Total War" and then copy the file named "medieval2.exe" - then rename the copied file to kingdoms.exe. This is needed or the mod won't launch with Steam.
2. You do need to patch the medieval2.exe and the kingdoms.exe with a program named "4gb patch" found at this link:
3. It's a program, extract it anywhere on your computer, then run it as an administrator - then browse to both .exe-files inside of the "Medieval II Total War"-folder and select one of them and click on "patch" - then repeat the process with the other one.
4. You need to have just one folder named "GoT" as in "Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\GoT - and then You'll start it by double-cllicking the executable.bat-file of the mod.
5. With the CD instead it would be "D:\Games\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\GoT - and you'll still start it by double-clicking on the executable.bat-file.
6. Delete the .RWM-file inside of your mods/GoT/data/world/maps/base-folder or the mod might crash when attempting to start a campaign due to the "fatal graphics error".
Download the GoT Patch fixing the Nights Watch diplomacy, increasing the ammo of the Dragons/allowing Dany to fire fireballs while moving around, adding missing battle-model of Edric Storm to the campaign and finally increasing the numbers of all the Wildling units.
Hello, this is a small patch for the latest release of the mod - adding an updated export_descr_units-file to the data-folder of the mod which will increase the numbers of Wildlings in a unit - both me and Firestorm felt that they were too weak and needed to be similar to in AoPK which the balancing is based off of.
All the dragons have twice the ammunition now as I felt they needed more ammo - Dany also has the added ability to fire while moving around making her stronger than the other dragons.
Edric Storm/Gendry wasn't in the campaign for House Renly in battle due to a mistake so he has been added.
And finally the Nights Watch used to be neutral which caused House Stark to invade etc - I've made them allied to everyone in the game except the Wildlings, the rebels, the Others and House Bolton - so expect the border with House Stark to be peaceful now until the Boltons come knocking.
Install by placing the "data"-folder in the main directory of the mod named "GoT" - overwrite the old.
It's not save-game compatible.
Please re-download this patch if you were among the first three people that did download it.. I had forgotten to remove a unit I had added that weren't supposed to be in the file - so it will cause the mod not to start.
The mod had to be basically re-done on a new map after Peaman ported SoulGamesInc's map replacing the very old, small and outdated alpha-map.
The new version of GoT Enhanced has:
1. A new huge map expanding in Westeros in all directions - with parts of Essos, "Beyond the Wall" and many new regions in Westeros itself.
2. More units for most factions, including the first real Wildlings/Freefolk-roster, new dragons, mammoths, giants and such.
3. A huge number of custom heroes with unique models, using heads by the highly skilled TheScouseSicario - the heroes are from most factions and it's 71 new characters - Peaman offered us at least 30 of the models but some of them have been edited afterwards.
4. New Scripts that will spawn the Wildlings, Targaryens and the Others in the campaign on certain turns, expect Daenarys to spawn around turn 51, same with the strongest forces of the Others and the Giants/mammoths of the Wildlings will spawn earlier at about turn 20.
5. The map has new strat-map models for both generals and cities - rigged by mostly Peaman, and a few strat-generals were rigged by Bantu Chieftain.
6. New playable factions - House Targaryen, The Wildlings, The Nights Watch, The Free Cities of Essos and The Others - beware that the last one isn't really supposed to be playable due to this mod being set during season 3 - this means that The Others won't have any units recruitable, and instead will spawn armies at certain turns. This faction is still a WIP and Firestorm didn't intend for it to be playable - but I know that people would want to play as them.
7. New intro-videos for the Wildlings, Free Cities of Essos, The Others and House Targaryen.
8. I've also replaced the Robb Stark-model by Firestorm with the one that Peaman rigged for Fire and Blood, with his permission of course - the model is still in the folder of the mod with an altered name if anyone prefers it over the new one. I think the head of the older one had higher resolution, but the new model is more close to the TV-show in terms of how it looks - and the body also makes it stand-out from Bran, Rickon, Ned and Jon.
9. Moat Cailinn custom settlement from Westeros 1.0 and created by Makayane now works!
10. New "Castle Black" custom settlement made by Makayane for Westeros 1.0 - but never really worked to be played in before:
- Play the game to find out more - it's a vastly improved mod compared to in the past, and it's not final - also the map should be 100% stable, and you don't need to play a custom battle before entering the campaign anymore. Battles might game-lock or CTD but hopefully they don't - I haven't played enough to know for certain. I think it should be very stable!
- Dragons, mammoths and giants might CTD on Windows 10 computers - I am not sure if this is the case or not.
The dragons are re-skinned Warhammer BotET Alt-Cut dragons so if those work on win 10 without a CTD these should work, the Giants are random models and might not be as stable, the mammoths are also from the Warhammer mod mentioned and should hopefully be stable.
Credits (I can't remember everyone at the moment but I will try,):
- Westeros: Total War for the old mod that started it all and for the custom settlements - also makayane for said cities.
- Game of Thrones: Enhanced Submod V 3.0 and earlier - in particular Inarus and his team, because they are the original creators, and made the original art-mod back when the models were all vanilla - they also did the voice-modifications, strat-model cities of the oldest versions, and many of the images and portraits - not to forgot many of the old scripts. Not that many old scripts have been re-implemented yet though.
- Peaman for some battle-models from Fire & Blood, quite a few strat-model generals and cities from Fire & Blood.
- Warhammer Alt-Cut and it's creator Kalla for the Warhammer animations, the dragon models and the mammoths - the skins of the dragons are by Peaman.
- Firestorm for just above half the work on this version - he did edit the new models/units, implement many things on the new map, add new cards and did most of the new stuff seen here. However, I had simultaneously done most f the same work on another version (the original, there were two versions of the mod with the new map and models - one worked on by me and one by Firestorm - but only Firestorms version allowed new scripts - and only with Firestorm's version could we get rid of the old "Play a custom battle first"-bug. So Firestorm had come a bit further than me even though I had pretty much re-added everything from the old version on the new map and after that added the new factions. But I hadn't added the Others or the Free Cities yet - that's when we moved to Firestorms sub-mod and made that the new version.
Mr_Nygren for the same amount of work on the original factions of GoT Enhanced 5.0 bringing them back to Souls map in a different version that we didn't use in the end, I also did implement the Wildlings, the Nights Watch and House Targaryen to it. I added most of Firestorms heroes to it with the help of his already done entries from his sub-mod. And I did implement the custom settlements and a bunch of new units to it, dragons, animations, new portraits. - This was all scraped in favor of Firestorms work on the sub-mod.
- Then I added unique bodyguards to most heroes in the campaign for this release, I did add the Wildling script, I did add the custom settlements to this mod - including tinkering with the Castle Black-settlement and making it load in the mod - it used to crash in Westeros 1.0 when attempting to play a battle there, I did add the new system of armor upgrades for House Bolton, I added a bunch of edits to the game-play, I implemented the new UI changes in the faction selection screen (Firestorm did the map-pictures for the new factions,) I added some strat-models to the mod and what-not.
- Most of the work on the release was done by Firestorm - most of my work were done on the other beta. I did some final stuff before this released though.
- TheScouseSicario for all the wonderful new heads of all the new custom heroes.
- VltimaRatio for all the GoT Enhanced base-models and old models.
- DBM (De Bello Mundi) for the Wildling "Albian/Scottish" custom settlements in battle.
- Makayane for the new "Great Wall" custom settlement in battle - used by Castle Black and the other two castles. - I managed to make it work after some tinkering with the files, as it was in Westeros 1.0 but always did CTD (crash to desktop) when attempting to play a battle there.
- SoulGamesInc (SGI) for the new huge map!
- The Italian "Song of Ice and Fire"-mod and it's creator for the Castle Black strat-model - also in use by the other castles at the wall.
Alright. and that's it - so Peaman sent me a whole bunch of strat-map cities and I am using those with his permisison. I've removed the latest strat-cities made by Inarus because I wasn't sure he would allow them in the mod. The old ones were already in the mod. If there are any strat-map cities still in the mod that Peaman didn't have permission to hand out to me then I will remove them if anyone writes to me - no problem. I saw that he was still using the Inarus-models and they are removed. I can't know who made what settlement though so if there is an issue I'll remove it when told about it.