A submod for Westeros: Total War designed to bring the look, the feel and the sounds of HBO's Game of Thrones to the world of Westeros. (Alas I have no affiliation with HBO) This submod is currently for version 0.53 of Westeros: Total War which is currently in Alpha stages but with a devoted mod team working hard to bring it to a full release. The submod is compatible with both the Standard (Vanilla) version of Westeros 0.53 and also the Enhanced version. It is highly recommended that you visit the official mod page at TWCenter.net to get precise details and installation help.
Hello, a new big update has been released - it's a beta-release and still is lacking things like music, custom voices and more scripts and features. The mod had to be basically re-done on a new map after Peaman ported SoulGamesInc's map replacing the old small and outdated alpha-map. The new version of GoT Enhanced has a huge map, more units, a huge number of custom heroes with unique models, scripts that will spawn the Wildlings, Targaryens and the Others, it has new strat-map models for both generals and cities, it has new playable factions - House Targaryen, The Wildlings, The Nights Watch, The Free Cities of Essos and The Others - beware that the last one isn't really supposed to be playable due to this mod being set during Season 3 - this means that The Others won't have any units recruitable, and instead will spawn armies at certain turns. This faction is still a WIP and Firestorm didn't intend for it to be playable - but I know that people would want to play as them. New Robb!
1. You need to go into the folder named "Medieval II Total War" and then copy the file named "medieval2.exe" - then rename the copied file to kingdoms.exe. This is needed or the mod won't launch with Steam.
2. You do need to patch the medieval2.exe and the kingdoms.exe with a program named "4gb patch" found at this link:
3. It's a program, extract it anywhere on your computer, then run it as an administrator - then browse to both .exe-files inside of the "Medieval II Total War"-folder and select one of them and click on "patch" - then repeat the process with the other one.
4. You need to have just one folder named "GoT" as in "Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\GoT - and then You'll start it by double-cllicking the executable.bat-file of the mod.
5. With the CD instead it would be "D:\Games\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\GoT - and you'll still start it by double-clicking on the executable.bat-file.
Hello, a new big update has been released - it's a beta-release and still is lacking things like music, custom voices and more scripts and features.
The mod had to be basically re-done on a new map after Peaman ported SoulGamesInc's map replacing the old small and outdated alpha-map.
The new version of GoT Enhanced has:
1. A new huge map expanding in Westeros in all directions - with parts of Essos, "Beyond the Wall" and many new regions in Westeros itself.
2. More units for most factions, including the first real Wildling/Freefolk roster, new dragons, mammoths, giants and such.
3. A huge number of custom heroes with unique models, using heads by the highly skilled TheScouseSicario the heroes are from most factions and it's over 50 new characters - Peaman offered us at least 30 models but some of them have been edited afterwards.
4. New Scripts that will spawn the Wildlings, Targaryens and the Others in the campaign on certain turns, expect Daenarys to spawn around turn 51, same with the strongest forces of the Others and the Giants/mammoths of the Wildlings will spawn earlier at about turn 20.
5. The map has new strat-map models for both generals and cities - rigged by mostly Peaman, and a few strat-generals were rigged by Bantu Chieftain.
6. New playable factions - House Targaryen, The Wildlings, The Nights Watch, The Free Cities of Essos and The Others - beware that the last one isn't really supposed to be playable due to this mod being set during season 3 - this means that The Others won't have any units recruitable, and instead will spawn armies at certain turns. This faction is still a WIP and Firestorm didn't intend for it to be playable - but I know that people would want to play as them.
7. New intro-videos for the Wildlings, Free Cities of Essos, The Others and House Targaryen.
- Play the game to find out more - it's a vastly improved mod compared to in the past, and it's not final - also the map should be 100% stable and you don't need to play a custom battle before entering the campaign anymore. Battles might game-lock or CTD but hopefully they don't - I haven't played enough to know for certain. I think it should be very stable!
- Dragons, mammoths and giants might CTD on Windows 10 computers - I am not sure if this is the case or not.
The dragons are re-skinned Warhammer Alt-Cut dragons so if those work on win 10 without a CTD these should work, the Giants are old Warhammer models and might not be as stable, the mammoths are also from the first mod mentioned and should hopefully be stable.
Credits (I can't remember everyone at the moment but I will try,):
- Westeros: Total War for the old mod that started it all and for the custom settlements - also makayane for said cities.
- Game of Thrones: Enhanced Submod V 3.0 and earlier - in particular Inarus and his team, vecause they are the original creators and made the original art-mod back when the models were all vanilla - they also did the voices, strat-model cities of the oldest versions and many of the images and portraits - not to forgot many of the old scripts. Not that many old scripts have been re-implemented yet though.
- Peaman for some battle-models from Fire & Blood, quite a few strat-model generals and cities from Fire & Blood.
- Warhammer Alt-Cut and it's creator Kalla for the Warhammer animations, the dragon models and the mammoths - the skins of the dragons are by peaman.
- Firestorm for just above half the work on this version - he did edit the new models/units, implement many things on the new map, add new cards and did most of the new stuff seen here. However, I had simultaneously done most f the same work on another version (the original, there were two versions of the mod with the new map and models - one worked on by me and one by Firestorm - but only Firestorms version allowed new scripts - and only with Firestorm's version could we get rid of the old "Play a custom battle first"-bug. So Firestorm had come a bit further than me even though I had pretty much re-added everything from the old version ont he new map and after that added the new factions. But I hadn't added the Others or the Free Cities yet - that's when we moved to Firestorms submod and made that the new version.
- TheScouseSicario for all the wonderful new heads of all the new custom heroes.
- VltimaRatio for all the GoT Enhanced base-models and old models.
- DBM (De Bello Mundi) for the Wildling "Albian/Scottish" custom settlements in battle.
- Makayane for the new "Great Wall" custom settlement in battle - used by Castle Black and the other two castles. - I managed to make it work after some tinkering with the files, as it was in Westeros 1.0 but always did CTD (crash to desktop) when attempting to play a battle there.
- The Italian "Song of Ice and Fire"-mod and it's creator for the Castle Black strat-model - also in use by the other castles at the wall.
Alright. and that's it - so Peaman sent me a whole bunch of strat-map cities and I am using those with his permisison. I've removed the latest strat-cities by Inarus because I wasn't sure he would allow them in the mod. The old ones were already in the mod. If there are any strat-map cities still in the mod that Peaman didn't have permission to hand out to me then I will remove them if anyone writes to me - no problem. I saw that he was still using the Inarus-models and they are removed. I can't know who made what settlement though so if there is an issue I'll remove it when told about it.
I am counting on Peaman that he didn't send me a model that will cause trouble.
EDIT: Oldtown city strat-model replaced because it was added due to a misunderstanding. It was one of the models Peaman sent but it belonged to someone else - it's been replaced with Peamans latest Oldtown-model.
Second EDIT: I had managed to delete the Kings Landing strat-model when I deleted Casterly Rock and Lannisport, it's now been re-added to the mod - all the three models are Inarus's models but Kings Landing is one of the older that were already in the mod.
Third Edit: I had made a mistake in the descr_scripts-file causing the mod to always CTD (crash to desktop) at turn 31 when Daario Naharis spawned with his army for House Targaryen- the reason was the name of the "Golden Company Cavalry"-unit - it was wrongly named "Golden Company Knights" due to that being the old name in the older version of the mod. I didn't remember that Firestorm had changed the name, but after changing the two entries the CTD ceased to happen - and I did just let the AI play for over 213 turns without any issues.
I've also replaced the Robb Stark-model by Firestorm with the one that Peaman rigged - the model and it's files are still in the folders with an altered name if anyone prefer it over the new. I think the head of the older one had higher resolution, but the new model is more close to the TV-show - and it also makes it stand-out from Bran, Rickon, Ned and Jon.