Join our Rome - Total War modding community Discord to track progress and news on Extended Cultures V! - Discordapp.com
Extended Cultures is an overhaul mod for Rome Total War which started as a submod of the Extended Greek Mod. It aims to add roleplaying depth, increase challenge for the player and improve historical accuracy.
Extended Cultures includes several campaigns:
- A main 275 BC to 29 BC, grand campaign. Pyrrhus starts in Italy and the Galatian invasion of Asia is in progress! There are 15 playable factions: Rome, the Ptolemaic Empire, the Seleucid Empire, Carthage, Parthia, Gauls, Germania, the Greek-City States, Macedon, Pontus, Armenia, Iberia, Thrace, Saba and Sarmatia.
- A 280 BC campaign which lets the player control Epirus or the Galatians.
- A 49 BC to 100 AD campaign. Start with Julius Caesar as he begins his march on Rome and war against Pompey! Or play as another faction like Dacia, Parthia or Egypt and take advantage of Rome's internal conflict!
- Provincial campaigns starting in 275 BC for small factions not included in the grand campaign. Play as Pergamon, Bosporus, Massalia, the Britons, Syracuse or Cyrene. A provincial campaign for Bactria is also available (they are unplayable in the grand campaign due to being an emergent faction).
- An in-depth trait system designed for an immersive campaign experience. Ethnicity traits, supply system traits, traits that reflect attitude toward the faction leader, traits affected by the character's father, epithet traits, biographies and more!
- Many new units, the mod has 435 units in total.
- A vast AoR system with every region having its own local units which you can recruit by building the AoR barracks.
- A culture system: Western Civilized, Eastern Civilized and Barbarian cultures with their associated colonies. This makes the integration of regions a slower and more realistic process, sometimes it might require installing a client ruler in the region!
- A government system to help with the assimilation of new regions.
- Many new economic buildings and temples.
- A modified Mundus Magnus map stretching from Spain all the way to India (see screenshots).
- Loyalty (if enabled) for Rome, for the Greek factions and for the Gauls.
I'm conscious that the last preview didn't give much of a structured overview of the rosters, so this time I'm going to be mixing it up and giving recruitment tier lists in addition to the screenshots. Although recruitment in XC5 is more complex than these tier lists may suggest, as you will later see, they nevertheless give a general idea.
- Numidian Tribal Militia
- Lybian Skirmishers
- Numidian Archers
- Lybian Light Infantry
- Masaeslian Swordsmen
- Numidian Militia Archers
- Numidian Cavalry
- Desert Archers (reform unit)
- Camel Raiders (reform unit)
- Lybian Spearmen
- Lybian Chariots
- Masaeslian Royal Infantry (reform unit)
- Numidian Desert Cavalry
- Camel Archers (reform unit)
- Liby-Phoenician Assault Infantry
- Numidian Thorakitai
- Numidian Nobles
* * * * * * * * *
General's Armoured Bodyguard
Numidian Tribal Militia
Numidian Militia Archers
Masaeslian Royal Infantry
- Indian Spearmen
- Indian Foresters
- Indian Longbowmen
- Indian Cavalry
- Bactrian Horse Archers (reform unit)
- Kshatriya Warrior-Archers
- Kshatriya Spearmen
- Kshatriya Guild Warriors
- Scythed Chariots
- Gandharan Cavalry
- Bactrian Cavalry
- Bactrian Infantry
- Kshatriya Javelin Bearers
- Kshatriya Macemen
- Indo-Hellenic Hoplites (reform unit)
- Kshatriya Chariot Archers
- Gandharan Heavy Cavalry
- Vir Ghadapani Kshatriya
- Sambhavya Yavana Kshatriya (reform unit)
* * * * * * * * *
Kshatriya Spearmen and Kshatriya Warrior-Archers
Vir Ghadapani Kshatriya
Kshatriya Guild Warriors
Sambhavya Yavana Kshatriya
Gandharan Heavy Cavalry
Kshatriya Chariot Archers
Royal Armoured Elephants
There's one more unit for Gandhara that hasn't been mentioned here. This is because it doesn't have a place on the tier list - it isn't recruited from the barracks building. And this unit is powerful, one of the most devastating units in XC5! All of Gandhara's enemies will run in terror when they unleash this secret weapon!
Because of its secret nature, this is not a unit I can fully show you. I can only show you part of it and your imagination will have to fill in the rest for now.
Some videos to give you a better idea about this mod. These youtubers are not affiliated with the XC team.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
The Redfox Extras 1.2 patch. This is an optional patch, made initially for XGM, this is a version that has been adapted for XC 4. It adds new music, new...
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.