Divide and Conquer is the biggest Third Age: Total War submod. The latest release was V4.6 on April 18th, 2021. DaC V4.6 features all the features of V4.5 plus a collection of fixes. We hope you all enjoy DaC!
DaC V4.6 is an updated version of V4.5 and includes several hotfixes that make it more stable than V4.5 (there is no new content in this release). Also, this file is standalone - you do not need any other mod files. If you had already installed DaC V4.5 and want to get this hotfixed version then you MUST delete the V4.5 "Divide_and_Conquer" folder before installing this version.
We are pleased to announce the release of DaC V4.6 which features all of the features of V4.5 plus a collection of fixes. NOTE: V4.6 does not add any new content as it's primarily a hotfix version which improves the stability of the mod compared to V4.5.
As far as DaC V5 is concerned, development is still on-going and we continue to make progress however this version is taking longer than previous versions so we decided to release a hotfix version to the community while you all wait for DaC V5. That said, we thank you in advance for your patience and if you would like to get more information on the development progress of V5, please check out the following links:
- The game will no longer crash with random AI sieges or after player victories
- The Northern Dúnedain Mercenary Beacon system now works as intended (Note that Khand, Harad, AA and Rhun are recruited out of the barracks again now)
- High Elven generals will no longer spawn in the ocean with no bodyguard
- the crashing mission rewards removed
- removed barrow wight ancillary triggers which cause a crash when a garrison starves out during a siege due to using the I_BattnemyArmyNumberOfAttribute condition
- made it so the Nazgul get killed after Mordor gets killed when the ring gets destroyed to avoid a crash
- removed triggers relating to non-existent buildings in descr_faction_standing (cathedral, huge_cathedral etc)
- changed Dalian Woodsmen (do not exist in the mod anymore) to Northmen Archers in a guild trigger
- fixed the replenishment rate for Loke-Scion Rim from 0.8 to 0.08
- fixed the AOR restriction on the Athala rangers as they used a string of 'and' instead of 'or' and thus would never be true in some regions
- added missing event pics by using existing similar pics
- added the missing normans entry for Dunedain Blademasters in the bmdb
- slightly changed a few lines in the ring script to fix the issue with the ring in Hobbiton
- added the missing monitors for the shire garrison buildings so the garrison buildings work there
- amended the pools in descr_mercenaries so there are no double pools which caused the mercenary system to not work correctly
UPDATE: April 25th, 2021:
We have updated the V4.6 installer here on ModDB as well as on the Google Drive link with the following fixes:
- Updated the main menu version # from V4.5 to V4.6 to prevent confusion.
- Added the throwing weapon file "francisca_high.cas" in the following location: Medieval II Total War/data/models_missile to prevent some users from experiencing crashes when using axe-throwing units.
If you are experiencing crashes with the axe-throwers then you can follow these instructions instead of re-downloading and re-installing V4.6 again:
1. Go to this folder:
Medieval II Total War\mods\Divide_and_Conquer\data\models_missile
2. COPY the "francisca_high.cas" and then paste the copy to this folder:
Medieval II Total War/data/models_missile
(Make sure you have the "francisca_high.cas" in BOTH of those folder locations)
(Because V4.6 is a hotfix, the installation process is identical to V4.5 so you can reference that video again)
V4.6 Written Installation Instructions:
1) If you have V4.5 installed, remove the "Divide_and_Conquer" folder from this location:
[your path]\Medieval II Total War\mods
2) Download the V4.6 file.
3) Unzip the file (use either 7Zip or Winrar) to any location and keep the 5 files inside together (4 .bin files and 1 .exe).
4) Run the executable.
5) If you have not moved your Steam directory from the C: drive then click the "next" button otherwise go to step 5.1.
5.1) If your Steam directory is not on your C: drive then you need to manually locate your path as follows and click on the 'common' folder:
Make sure your path does not list 'Medieval II Total War' twice!
6) You must run Large Address Aware on the Medieval2.exe when prompted. Follow the instructions that appear on screen.
7) You may need to delete your VirtualStore entry as detailed in this video.