Tiberium Origins lets you play all four sides from Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert in one game, plus two more. It features Tiberium as a third resource, more valuable than ore and gems, bringing a new gameplay element to command and conquer. All four sides have their original units and structures implemented, plus a few new ones.
After a long break, the Tiberium Origins mod has been adapted to the 2018 openRA engine. It had to be rebuild from scratch, and not all previous features are present (for now).
!!! The mod OVERWRITES the Red Alert mod files included in OpenRA !!! as such I recommend playing it using a copy of openra. As soon as I am able I will make it stand-alone, so you can play Red Alert and Tiberan Origins using the same copy of openRA
To install the mod, extract the archive content into the OpenRA MODS folder, overtiring when prompted.
Spec Ops9 faction and tiberium have yet to implemented, and there have been some balance changes, as well as two new units added:
GDI Mammoth MK-III
Big, slow, heavy, well armored, just like the original mammoth, but unlike the MK1, the MKIII is armed with dual heavy railguns. It's also a bit stronger then the original - and also extremely expensive - 3500 credits.
NOD Stealth Cruiser
The NOD stealth cruiser is a cloakable ship witch makes use of a heavy long range laser, similar to the obelisk of light as it's main armament. It also carries depth charges. It can be used much the same way as the soviet missile sub.
A wide variety of other game play and balance changes have been implemented:
* all sides now have a "super unit":
- NOD Wheel of Ezekiel (stealth tank) - armed with a smaller and less powerfull version of the obelisk of light's laser, as well as AA missiles
- GDI Mammoth MKIII (M27) armed with dual railguns and mammoth tusk missiles.
- Allied M1AX Predator is the allied "super unit", armed with a railgun. This unit was exclusive to Spec Ops 9, but has been given to the Allies for balancing purposes.
- Soviet Tesla Tank - like in the vanilla game, the tesla tank carries a portable tesla coil on the battlefield, but it has been re-balanced to match the other 3 units.
- The SO9 railgun turret has been moved to the allied tech tree
- The allies get a Vehicle Airdrop power when building a Helipad. It supplies two light tanks and a jeep via badger bomber.