This project is a modern open-sourced rebuild of Cold Ice 1.75, a popular Half-Life mod back in 1999. Set in a winter scene, its philosophy is to deliver a deathmatch that doesn't take itself seriously. Only in this mod will you find voiceover cameos from Samuel L. Jackson, Hans Gruber, and "Leeroy Jenkins" by Ben Schulz. Its ethos delivers an explosively frantic fast-paced gameplay that was and always will be Cold Ice. This mod features works from the community. Without their dedication and hard work, this mod wouldn't look good. All credits can be found in readme.txt. Thank you all.
Beta 3 Features:
Includes all features of Beta 1 + Beta 2 with ultra enhancements!
3 New Weapons
- Rocket Crowbar - Swing / Swing + Fire Drunk Rocket
- Dual Railgun - Fire / Fire Both
- Gravity Gun - Fire / Create Explosive Barrel / Pick up
10 New Maps
- snow_camp, a rebuild of boot_camp by Napoleon and reskin by AudioCraZ
- ice_pit, a rebuild of snark_pit by Napoleon and reskin by AudioCraZ
- frozen_bunker, a rebuild of lambda_bunker by Napoleon and reskin by AudioCraZ
- snowtransit, a rebuild of subtransit from Aura-SE and reskinned by AudioCraZ
- doublefrost, a rebuild of doublecross by Dario Casali and reskinned by Napoleon
- themill, a map by Devious and rebuilt by Napoleon
- chillworks, a rebuild of gasworks by Randy Lundeen and rebuilt and reskinned by AudioCraZ
- frosty, a rebuild of frenzy by Dario Casali and rebuilt and reskinned by AudioCraZ
- overflow, a rebuild of undertow by Dario Casali and rebuilt and reskinned by AudioCraZ
- frozenwarehouse, an original map for Cold Ice by AudioCraZ
- Added snow weather effect!
5 Game Modes (mp_gamemode)
- "ffa" - Free for All - the gold standard, deathmatch.
- "iceman" - Iceman Arena - it is the sole duty of all the other players to exterminate iceman
- "lms" - Last Man Standing - protect your lives be the last person standing to win
- "arena" - 1 on 1 Arena - two potential victors are selected to battle to a frag limit
- "snowball" - Snowball Arena - battle with snowballs, melees, and trade in snowballs for offhand grenades!
30 Mutators - supports combination and randomly selected (mp_mutators)
- "chaos" - randomly selects three mutators every 45 seconds!
- "rocketcrowbar" - spawn with a rocket crowbar, makes all rockets act drunk
- "instagib" - spawn with dual railguns that dole one hit kills
- "volatile" - where players blow up when fragged (explode icon)
- "plumber" - spawn with pipe wrenches
- "paintball" - weapons and explosions leave paint decals, weapons reduced to 1/4 damage
- "dkmode" - from Goldeneye 007, player head and arms are like Donkey Kong
- "superjump" - jump three times the height, disables fall damage
- "megarun" - run 50% faster
- "lightsout" - all the lights are turned out, but your flashight has unlimited battery
- "slowmo" - everything is slowed down by half! (Single-player only)
- "ice" - all the ground is covered in ice
- "topsyturvy" - everything is turned upside down (Single-player only)
- "barrels" - start with the gravitygun, flaming explosive barrels spawn to throw at others
- "turrets" - random sentry guns random firing bullets and rockets at everyone
- "chumxplode" - killer chumtoads appear directly after an explosion
- "coolflesh" - gibs stay longer, pick up gibs to eat and gain a healthkit worth of repair (hambone icon)
- "santahat" - players are capped off with santa hats and randomly say "hohoho", "merry christmas" (santahat icon)
- "sanic" - evil santa and sanic with a santa hat team up against you
- "loopback" - teleport to the place of your last frag
- "maxpack" - drop all weapons and ammo in play (Multiplayer only)
- "infiniteammo" - all weapons have infinite ammo
- "randomweapon" - spawn with a randomly selected weapon
- "speedup" - everything is sped up by half! (Single-player only)
- "rockets" - a random chance of rockets throw on attack!
- "invisible" - everyone is partially invisible!
- "grenades" - a random chance of a grenade throw on attack
- "astronaut" - gravity is turned down
- "snowballs" - a random chance of snowballs throw on attack
- "pushy" - all weapon attacks push you back like a gauss attack
Even More Parkour Elements
- Player Flips, Wall Climb, and Acrobatics
- Support for wall climbing (and create climbing) with a visual indicator
- "impulse 210" supports rolling kicking to the right
- "impulse 211" supports rolling kicking to the left
- "impulse 212" supports a kickback flip
- Improved kick and punch animations
- Off-handed Grenade Throw
Single Player Gameplay
- Adds separate single-player folder, ice_beta3_sp, which supports single player
- Unreal Tournament styled spree achievements
- Fast fragging unlocks awesome announcements
New Player Models
- Added Baer
- Many patches from Beta 2. See readme.txt for details.
Beta 2 Features:
Includes all features of Beta 1 with mega enhancements!
- Includes SD/HD models that can switch blue/orange skins. (+) = Supports ironsight
- Desert Eagle (+)
- Xero n2o Freeze Gun (+)
- Dual Desert Eagles - Shoot / Shoot Both
- Dual RPGs - Shoot Both / Extreme Rockets
- Dual Mag60s
- Dual SMGs
- Dual Wrenchs - Swing Both / Throw Both
- Dual USAS-12 - Shoot / Shoot Both
- Snarks - Throw / Release All
- Camera mode added: Tactical Nuke Launcher - Shoot Nuke / Camera Mode (Goodbye all!)
- Unique hud sprites for all weapons
- Snowcross, an expanded reskin of crossfire
- Frostfire, a reskin of bounfire by TheSpacePirate
- Drift, a reskin of dust by AudioCraZ
- Graphic spectator overviews for all maps
New Player Models
- Support for the pipe wrench, desert eagles, mag60s, smgs, usas, and rpgs!
- "impulse 205" to swap between single and dual weapons
- "mp_dualsonly" to play with only dual weapons
Fear / Trepang2 / Selaco Slide
- While looking ahead, press "+forward" three times in a row to slide
- Offhanded Punch, Kick, and Slide
- "impulse 206" supports the kick function
- "impulse 207" supports the punch function
- "impulse 208" supports the slide function
Pick up and Punch Back
- Use button can pick up grenades and satchels, throwing them back
- Pickup, kick, or punch back snarks, chumtoads
- See "mp_interactiveitems" to extend this list!
- Crowbar/Throw decals
- Bullet decals and ricochet sparks
- Thicker crosshairs/crosshairs on melees/change colors with cl_icemodels
- Support for real muzzle flash using cl_icemodels 0
- Randomized fire sprites at end of explosions
- Increase grappling hook deploy speed, provide damage and speed cvars
- Mortar turrets support ice explosions
- Add support for unlimited throwable objects with infinite ammo mode
- "snowman" supports god mode (when sv_cheats 1)
- "cl_showtips" to show random text tips during gameplay
- "cl_shadows" draws rendered shadows
- "cl_glowmodels" draws glow models if available
- Footstep sound effects for snow and other textures
- Modern weapon viewmodel improvements
- Weapon retracts when up against a wall
- Added "sv_jumpheight" to adjust amount of player's jump height
- Powerup Runes
- Amount of runes spawned now related to the amount of connected players
- Include glass HUD effect to death notice and weapon identification
- "cl_flashonpickup" flashes HUD on picking up weapon or item
- Updated corner logo
- Improved background and loading menu with new snowflake menu
- Added "mp_icesprites 1" to switch between select ice and real environment sprites
- Added announcement to those that join the server
- Added "mp_randomweapon 0" to give a random weapon at spawn
- Added "mp_interactiveitems", a semicolon-separated list of items that are "interactive" (kickable, pickupable)
- Added "mp_snowballfight", to play with one-shot kill snowballs only!
- Many patches from Beta 1. See readme.txt for details.
Beta 1 has launched for Christmas 2021. Get it here and Join our discord server.
Beta 1 Features
- Supports bots for single play
- Supports Steam on Windows, Linux, and macOS
- Supports desktop Xash3d (see the installation for details - Android support coming in Beta 2)
30 weapons with originals included (and more)!
Includes SD/HD models with the ability to switch blue/orange skins. (+) = Supports ironsight
- Manos de Piedras - Right / Left Jabs / Shoryuken
- Standard Crowbar - Right / Left Swing / Throw
- 12-Inch Combat Knife - Right / Left Stab / Throw
- 40 Pound Monkey Wrench - Right / Left Swing / Throw
- Koshak's Chainsaw - Right / Left Swing / Full Throttle
- PPK Silenced Handgun - Shoot / Add Silencer (+)
- 44 Magnum Revolver - Shoot / Zoom (+)
- Blade's Mag 60 Automatic Handgun - Shoot / Sideways + Voiceovers (+)
- Hans Gruber's Submachine gun - Shoot / Burst Mode + Voiceovers (+)
- M16 Machine gun - Shoot / M203 Grenade (+)
- Samuel L. Jackson's 12 Gauge Shotgun - Shoot / Pump + Voiceovers (+)
- Explosive Assault Shotgun - Shoot / Double (+)
- Air-Compressed Auto Boltgun - Shoot / Zoom (+)
- 7.65mm Sniper Rifle - Shoot / Zoom
- 25-Inch Chaingun - Spin up / Shoot (+)
- 120-Pound Grenade Launcher - Shoot M203 / Shoot Cluster (+)
- USAS-12 Auto Shotgun - Shoot (+)
- 50-lb Automatic LAW Rocket Launcher - Shoot Rocket / Shoot Extreme Rockets (+)
- Gauss - Shoot / Power Shot
- Quake II Railgun - Shoot Rail (+)
- Hivehand - Shoot M203 / Shoot Cluster
- Egon's Egon - Fire / Change Wide + Narrow
- 30mm Assault Cannon - Shoot Flak / Shoot Flak Bomb (+)
- Tactical Nuke Launcher - Shoot Nuke (Goodbye all!)
- Snowballs - Throw / Long Throw (+)
- Cluster Grenades - Throw Cluster / Throw Grenade (+)
- Invisible Beam Tripmines - Place Tripmine
- Assassin Decoy Bombs - Throw Decoy
- Chumtoads - Throw / Release All
- Leeroy Jenkins Dynamite Vest - Detonate / Cancel
Original and new maps are back too!
- Training Facility
- Stalkyard 2
- Cold Ice
- Training Facility 2
- Bounce 2
14 new player models
- Iceman (default)
- Bot support using Grave Bots
- Spawn starting weapons list (and spawn "with all")
- Infinite Ammo options (for extreme/insane play)
- Blood amount configuration
Modern weapon viewmodel improvements
- Holster weapon animations!
- Right-handed or left-handed models
- Weapon sway and fidget animation for realism
- Bullet and gun smoke animation for effect
- Option to switch between ice model skins and real model skins!
- Option for original models and high res models
- Modern HUD improvements
- Hud responds to motion in a glass-like effect
- Experimental iron sights support for select weapons
Offhand Grappling Hook
- "Frag" - purple - obtain twice the amount of frags
- "Vampire" - red - obtain health when inflicting damage
- "Protect" - green - soften the damage sustained by half
- "Regen" - pink - continually repair health
- "Haste" - orange - walk and run 50% faster
- "Gravity" - blue - jump 40% farther
- "Strength" - yellow - inflict 50% more damage
- "Cloak" - white - 90% invisibility
More humorous movie sound clips!
Throwing melee weapons!
New weapons will randomly spawn in place of original weapons
Original Scoreboard, MOTD, view roll options!
Beta 2 Highly-Valued Upcoming Features in 2022
- Xash3d Android support
- Pistol whip (all weapons)
- Akimbo's (all weapons)
- Throw (all weapons)
- Iron sights refinements
- More weapons like the Portal gun
- More Valve maps reskinned
- And more!
Here at Cold Ice Remastered, we share our creative love for the original HLDM maps from the last century. Each extended-release map was beautiful. Maps like Rustmill, Rapidcore, and others, but DoubleCross was one we loved the most. And to tribute Dario Casali's original work, today we release its high-res and remastered beauty called QuadFrost. Download it now.
Built by Napoleon and a tip of the hat to MrGnang, QuadFrost is Cold Ice Remastered Beta 3's rework of DoubleFrost (nee DoubleCross), our passionate reskin of the map on polygon steroids. Take the perfect formula: a military base, lots of combat, and a bunker to call airstrikes. Yeah, this is HLDM to extraordinary perfection as we "John Woo" our way with akimbo's galore in a wintry wonderland as the sun sets.
Let me share a surprising "double" twist. First, QuadFrost is fully compatible with HLDM. So drop it into your favorite Half-Life server and run it without needing any additional assets. Of course, we prefer to run on Cold Ice Remastered Beta 3, but not necessary!
Second, Napoleon has released QuadFrost's sister DoubleStrife. You can grab it on its page here. It contains the original feel of HLDM in a Black Mesa desert theme, which will indeed please and make even a tight-lipped character like Gordon smile.
Finally, QuadFrost includes HD detailed textures, so enjoy that extra something with the command r_detailtextures 1. And while you play, watch this space for more add-ons. Join our Discord server, and download our latest mod release, Cold Ice Remastered Beta 3!
Detailed Texture Pack has been released for Cold Ice Remastered Beta 3!
Cold Ice Remastered Beta 3 has launched! Read for details!
Cold Ice Remastered Beta 3 will feature wall climbing parkour, reskinned original maps, and insane mutators which enhance gameplay.
Cold Ice Remastered Beta 3 will feature numerous mutators that will alter gameplay.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
The release of the map QuadFrost for Cold Ice Remastered Beta 3 @ version 219197d
Double Strife - HD rebuild of classic Half-Life map - doublecross
The release of Detailed Textures Pack for Cold Ice Remastered Beta 3 @ version 5b3c034
The beta 3 release of Cold Ice Remastered @ version b754661
The release of Detailed Textures Pack for Cold Ice Remastered Beta 2 @ version 54859b5
The beta 2 release of Cold Ice Remastered @ version 213299f
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.
Thanks for the nod. We sure like how it looks as well. We'll keep pushing all that GoldSrc glory!
Is there bots?
Yes, Cold Ice Remastered comes prepackaged with bot support. Type "addbot" in the console as you play.
Oh yea baby gimme that sweet 2000's nectar.
The nectar is frosty and... cool.
Reminds me of CS_Office.
Yeah. Counter-Strike brings back great memories to us. Cold Ice is just as old... 24 years this year. And we like lots of snow.
Hot Fire and Wet Water
Indeed. Our philosophy is a tautology. Plus, we like duplicative explosive fun.
Watch out for Hot Fire Remastered coming soon.
very hyped for Eletric Thunder
Explosive Dynamite is an upcoming add-on to Electric Thunder.