Call of Chernobyl is a free-play sandbox mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. : Call of Pripyat created by TeamEPIC. It features 32 explorable maps, reworked level design and level fixes, new original level, Trucks Cemetery, Full AI and A-Life overhaul, engine and script enhancements, Repeatable task system which bases itself on A-Life events, Customizable weather environments for every map as well as surges and psi-storms from AF3, Character creation which includes name, portrait and faction selection; Several optional modes such as Ironman mode, story mode and zombie survival mode, New achievements, rankings and reputation system, PDA leaderboard and enhanced PDA statistics, Companion system with keyboard issued commands, many optional side-features and community-made addons . Call of Chernobyl was player's choice Mod of the Year 9th place in 2015 and 1st place in 2016!

Forum Thread
Poll: Was this guide helpfull? (1,132 votes)
[GUIDE] How to manage a lot of mods [1.4.14] (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Chernobyl : Forum : General Discussion : [GUIDE] How to manage a lot of mods [1.4.14]) Post Reply
Thread Options
DeltaPRM
DeltaPRM Casul peesant
Nov 6 2016 Anchor

Greetings fellow Stalkers! Gather around this campfire and listen to my story.

In my search of explanation on how to mod Call of Chernobyl I didn't found any guides for it (only instruction in comment section), especially I didn't found any guide for combining different mods for Call of Chernobyl. Thats why I decided to explain how to properly install different mods for Call of Chernobyl. I had troubleshooting with combining different mods and I know how hard it can be. Especialy, if you never did it before. After serching the web I've found the "perfect" method for myself.

I'm creating this guide for people who don't want to strugle with modding for themselves or have a bad time with it. If you know how to do it, you can skip this thread.

Main part

You have to do these steps:

1. Download and unpack latest FULL GAME;
  2. Unpack latest patch to the core game folder and overwrite all files;
  3. (Optional, but highly recommended) Download mod manager (JSGME) and unpack it to the core game folder;

First steps are done. Congratulations you have vanilla version of CoC on your PC. You can start playing freely from this moment. But thats just too boring, right? So lets start adding some mods!

About JSGME

Its a mod manager (like Nexus for Skyrim, Fallout, etc) which makes your life much easier. How? This manager can safely remove and revert all changes you did to the game. Inside the package you'll find instructions on how to use it + russian adaptation for russian people. I insist you read it before asking questions.

About modding

You have 2 options to mod your game. First, simply put any mods you downloaded in "gamedata" folder which is located in your game folder (if you dont have one, create it) and you're done. Basically, thats how it works with all the mods, but its almost impossible to revert the changes and identify "the game crashing mod". Second, download and use JSGME. This guide is based on using JSGME!

Mod part

My game consists of several different mods. All of them working together as one mechanism. As the man said "part of the crew, part of the ship" ©

Currently I'm using:

In this thread I'll show you how to install mods I'm currently using. For educational purposes.

In JSGME activate mods in this order:

1. Arsenal Overhaul 3;
  2. Outfit Addon;
  3. Outfit Addon (patch for AO3);
  4. DoctorX Questlines;
  5. DoctorX Dynamic Faction Relations;
  6. DoctorX Faction Relations;
  7. Full Simulation A-life;
  8. Artefacts after emission;
  9. Loot Money;

I am playing with this mod list and with this specific order for 8+ hours and zero crashes so far. I tried to install Smurth's Hud, but the game kept crashing so I had to skip it for now. I never installed textures mods due to my 6 y.o. notebook. It just can't handle them.

Tips

Overall you have to follow this path: Game ---> patch ---> weapon pack ---> textures ---> other mods. If you do it you'll be just fine.

Explanation:

• Game - latest full game of Call of Chernobyl;
  • Patch - latest patch for Call of Chernobyl;
  • Weapon pack - any weapons, but most popular (and official) are: Arsenal Overhaul 3 (AO3), Original Weapon Renewal 3 (OWR3) and STCoP;
  • Textures - any texture mods for your game/weapon packs/hud/etc;
  • Other - any other mods not included in categories above (minor fixes for damage/artifacts stats/armor stats/emissions/upgrade all/etc);

You can change weapon pack to any other you like (OWR/STCoP). It's a matter of taste/preference. Outfit Addon always comes after weapon packs.

DoctorX's Questlines have to be installed BEFORE A-life mod due to last one enables roaming for all stalkers. F.e., if you take contract for killing stalker you can get the target in Cordon, but he can travel to another location or he can die be any means. It makes game a lot more intense, random and harder.

Fixes for weapons and armor comes after textures. If you don't like that fix you can easly revert the change.

Artifacts after emissions and Loot Money ALWAYS goes last. Just to be sure they will work.

Thats it stalkers! I hope this guide helps you to understand the synergy of mods and makes modding for you a lot easier. If you have any suggestion/questions or if I missed some important stuff let me know down in the comments. There is always time for perfection.

Have fun and go on artifact hunting!

Since this guide works for any version of CoC, I'd like to create another topic with more details about using it (even if its already done here), since version of the mod in title confuses some people.

Edited by: DeltaPRM

--

"Frankly, I don't see any difference between soda and milk, so I'll eat my Oreos with soda" © h3h3

Feb 1 2017 Anchor
Feb 14 2017 Anchor

Do I extract the tool to the root so that it becomes STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl\JSGME\JSGME.exe or just STALKER...\JSGME.exe ?

Kahvana
Kahvana Scavenger
Feb 17 2017 Anchor

bfnodaniel90:

root = STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl

copy everything inside JSGME inside the root directory.

your application should be located at root/JSGME.exe .

make sure to move the config file and the mod folder to the root folder as well.

Feb 20 2017 Anchor

I simply can't get any Addon to work in-game with JSGME. It looks like that JSGME is activating the Mods, but in-game it's just Vanilla CoC. Is it because Geneir Mod Enabler (JSGME) is out of date? Is there any new version out there? Or is it obsolete and I do have to install any Addon for CoC manually?

I'm using CoC v1.4.22

Addons I tried to use so far:

AO3.1_for_Call_of_Chernobyl_v5

STCoP_Weapon_Pack_2.8_v5

STCoP_Weapon_Pack_2.8_v5.1_Patch

Full_Simulation_A-Life_1.4.22

Outfit_Addon_1.4.6.7

Full_Simulation_A-Life_1.4.22

warfare-1.4.22-1.9.3

Corpses_drop_1.4.14

Only Warfare seems to be actually enabled in game so far as I can see. Is it that other Addons are out of date and won't work with CoC v1.4.22 or am I missing something?

Edited by: Anucheekibreekiiv

Feb 20 2017 Anchor

It is working for me and i have patch22 with AO+OA+Smurths+AW+ and a lot more, all installed through JSGME. Pretty handy tool. Maybe your anti-virus is not allowing it to work properly.

Mar 18 2017 Anchor

Hey folks,

I am new to modding STALKER and to this mod enabler, and am running the Call of Cherynobyl mod.

I am hoping for load order advice. Here's the load order I have got so far:

AO3.1

Outfit Addon

Outfit Addon AO Patch

DRXQuestlines

DRX Dynamic Faction Relations

DRX Faction Releations

DRX More Mutants

DRX Dynamic Anomalies

Here are the remaining mods I haven't yet installed b/c I don't know the optimal order. I know the general Game ---> patch ---> weapon pack ---> textures ---> other mods order advice, so I have a rough idea. But I'd appreciate some specific advice, as well as any info about redundant or conflicting mods, if any of them are. The text in ( ) beside them is the category I think they belong to.

Also, when text is greyed out in the Activated Mods column, does that just mean that certain files for that mod are being overwritten?

All the upgrades (other)

ANR DoD1.18 (textures

Autumnal Winds 1.27 (textures)

Better Torch (textures)

Corpses Drop $$$ (other)

Doge Gnomus Scopes (textures)

Don Knotts Alternate High Res (textures)

Enhanced Sun Effects 1.11 (textures)

Gore Mod (textures)

Inaccurate Zombies (other)

Smurth Dynamic Hud (textures)

SR_Coc 1.17 (textures)

SWTC_CoC 1.11 (textures)

Traders Buy Broken Weapons (other)

Thanks!

Kahvana
Kahvana Scavenger
Mar 18 2017 Anchor

GORE mod requires merging with the 1.4.22 system.ltx. Just look for [bloody_marks] in the 1.4.22 system.ltx and change the stuff that needs to be changed from the mod system.ltx.

Mar 19 2017 Anchor

Thanks, Kahvana.

Can other folks offer suggests re: the optimal load order for the mods I've listed?

Kahvana
Kahvana Scavenger
Mar 21 2017 Anchor

Nature Redux 1.19 & Autumnal Winds 1.28 conflict, Either use AW or NR (I prefer NR over AW *still need to try the newest version trough*).
DRXQuestlines & Traders Buy Broken Weapons conflict if I am correct. Editing the respective ltx files will fix the problem (if there is any).
DRX Dynamic Faction Relations & DRX Faction Relations conflict. Choose between them (I recommend Dynamic Faction Relations!).

"Don Knotts Alternate High Res" First time I hear of this mod, unless it's the additional textures for SR :P.

A mod I recommend:
Moddb.com

There is no such thing as optimal load order, but pay attention when merging files if there is a conflict. If it does, check for the changes and modify the file in needed.

Edited by: Kahvana

Mar 28 2017 Anchor

Ugh, I totally didn't even know this was a thing, JSGME. Haven't spent a lot of time exploring this site so this is great. Thanks :)

Mar 31 2017 Anchor

Thanks Kahvana. I tried that Living Zone mod but my framerates were too slow, so I uninstalled it.

Edited by: peppergomez

Apr 29 2017 Anchor

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, not exactly anyways, but I can't get even half of the mods to appear to activate in the game, even after using JSGME to help install and activate mods.

I'm using CoC v1.4.22. If someone could help me, this is my load order for all of the mods I have, labelled exactly as I have them in the mod loader:
AO3.1 for Call of Chernobyl (v5)
Outfit Addon 1.4.7
Outfit Addon 1.4.7 AO3 Patch
DRXCoCQuestlines 1.24
DRXCoCDynamicFaction Relations 1.8
DRXCoCFactionRelations 1.6
Full Simulation A-Life 1.4.22
Lootmoney 1.4.14+

It appears that only Outift Addon and Full Simulation A-Life is working, and for some reason the Outfit Addon AO3 Patch doesn't want to override the folders found in the base Outfit Addon, though I'm not sure if that's normal.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm an idiot.

Edited by: Communistman243

May 28 2017 Anchor

Hey, I'm using Coc .22 and my mod config is

AO3.1

Smurths dynamic hud

Smurths dynamic hud patch for AO3

For some reason AO3 doesnt work but the hud does

If anyone could help it'd be appreciated

Jun 4 2017 Anchor
Stalaakbar wrote:

Hey, I'm using Coc .22 and my mod config is

AO3.1

Smurths dynamic hud

Smurths dynamic hud patch for AO3

For some reason AO3 doesnt work but the hud does

If anyone could help it'd be appreciated

When extracting any mod, do not extract only the main folder of a mod, extract all of the contents in a single folder named after the mod, such as AO3.1, and rename the folder inside to "gamedata" without quotes, this folder is what the game reads through and applies whatever contents it contains to the game.

Place the folder holding the new "gamedata" folder in to the MODS folder created by JSGME if you have it, or just place the "gamedata" folder directly into the base game's directory. Do this to all future mods that you intend to use, and everything should be fine so long as they're compatible.

Hope that was clear enough for you, if I haven't explained it well enough then just post again and I'll try to help.

Nov 12 2017 Anchor

Hello! These are my current mods and their order, do any of these not work together because I noticed my main menu doesnt shuffle so I am wondeirng how many other mods might not be working...

Capture

Nov 29 2017 Anchor

The mods wont work even after using the mod manager

Edited by: JamestheFreak

Sep 4 2018 Anchor

I have a question, why in every single mod I try to add alongside AO3 I simply can't because it needs to overwrite something important on AO3? I've tried to merge them but it's just too confusing for me and I don't see anyone else having this problem. It happened with outfit addon and every single mod! is there a way to fix it?

Oct 9 2018 Anchor
SpikeyBoyzAreDaWurst wrote:

I have a question, why in every single mod I try to add alongside AO3 I simply can't because it needs to overwrite something important on AO3? I've tried to merge them but it's just too confusing for me and I don't see anyone else having this problem. It happened with outfit addon and every single mod! is there a way to fix it?

i try to edit manually for those incompatible file, usually it's not much though but when it does i tried to use whichever is i think better

Edited by: Kshatria

Oct 11 2018 Anchor

A lot of you guys (and whoever is reading this right now) are having trouble using JSGME...

So instead of making an updated guide... I'll add on to what needs to be done to get this properly working for you all who claim that "the mods wont work even after using the mod manager." ***Are my personal notes by the way.***

1) If you haven't already, download the [Release] Call of Chernobyl 1.4.12 and install the [Patch] Call of Chernobyl 1.4.22 over it. Overwrite any files when asked to. Now you have 1.4.22 set up!

***I'd advise not using 1.5 (the beta) as it is just... not worth the hassle when you'll surely run into problems you can't fix. Also very unstable...***

1.5) Also download JSGME. That's what we are using of course... Copy all the files from that JSGME folder and into that CoC directory!

a) Copy...

b) Paste into CoC directory.

2) Second thing. Download all the mods you need. *If you want to follow my case for a stable and zero crashing game for stable version 1.4.22 and use amazing mods that (so far) are compatible with one another, then use my example. You won't regret it!!! ;)

- Arsenal Overhaul 3.1 (v.5)

***Amazing weapons. Just amazing. Though economy for the weapons is a bit screwed.***

- Outfit Addon 1.4.7 [CoC 1.4.22]

***More outfits. What's not to like?***

- Smurth's Dynamic Hud v3.2.2.8 (1.4.22+ AO, ...)

***Amazing hud modification and animations for using items. A must have for me.***

- W.A.R.F.I.G.H.T.E.R. Realism Addon

***Realsitic damage taking into account of armor, headshots, etc. Another must have for me for realistic gunplay.***

- Warfighter for Smurth's Dynamic HUD

***Compatibility patch for above two.***

- Full Simulation A-Life [1.4.22]

***A-Life. Yeah go get it.***

- DoctorX Faction Relations 1.6 [CoC 1.4.22]

***Base for faction relations***

- DoctorX Dynamic Faction Relations 1.8 [1.4.22]

***Dynamic faction relations, very fun for quests!***

- DoctorX Questlines 1.25 [CoC 1.4.22]

***More quest lines!***

- English Voices Addon (1.5)

***More quest lines!***

- New Death Sounds (Adjusted for Setting) v.0.1

***Amazing death sounds (mainly from Red Orchestra 2) that I personally re-uploaded (and someone else edited later on for CoC)!***

- lootmoney for CoC [1.5]

***Lootmoney from searching corpses.***

- Increased Carry Weight (1.4+)

***More carry weight.***

- Unload All Weapons [1.4.22/1.5 R6]

***Enables you to bind a key (in controls) to unload all weapons in your inventory (but not the ones in your primary and secondary slot).***

- More Supplies&Traders; Buy Damaged Weapons(1.4.22)

***Although it makes your game lag when talking to traders, and when sellings or buying loot, it enables you to sell damaged weapons and buy more supplies. Obviously compatible with Arsenal Overhaul + Outfit Addon.***

3) Good! Now you have your mods all downloaded! Hopefully in another folder outside of the CoC directory... Just for organizing. Now... comes the hard part where MOST OF YOU STALKERS seem to get wrong... Setting up these mod files into JSGME and setting them up to work for the game. I'll give you a few pictures to give you an idea of what you must be doing wrong...

a) Overview of what your mods in the JSGME MODS folder would look.

b) What it should probably look like inside each and every one of these folders...

So... are you realizing now what you've been doing wrong? No? Yes? I wouldn't know really.

Anyways. If you haven't realized what these two pictures are about... then I'll explain it to you.

JSGME is like a foolproof tool of making sure you don't fuck up when overwriting files using these mods. Understand that if you just go all willy nilly and install mods as they are already present upon downloading them, THEY WILL NOT WORK (unless gamedata, ltx, or whatever is needed to be overwritten is already set up).

YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE THAT EACH OF THESE MODS ARE SET UP CORRECTLY SO THAT THEY OVERWRITE GAMEDATA, LTX, DATABASE, BIN, OR WHATEVER THEY ARE OVERWRITING FOR THE MODIFICATION TO WORK. Here is a good example of WHAT NOT TO DO and what you STALKERS keep messing up on...

a) Example of English Voices Addon. Downloaded from moddb and previewing through 7zip.

b) Oh boy, I'm simply going to plop this extracted folder into JSGME MODS folder and expect it to work! No.

***It's not going to work. You aren't overwriting anything in CoC if you are just dropping these useless "named" folders into the directory with JSGME...***

c) For this specific English Voices Addon, you have to go into each of these "named" folders and put their "gamedata" folder into one place. Look below. Drag that "gamedata" folder into "English_Voices_Addon_CoC_1.5."

d) Do this for each "named" folder.

e) It will look like this in the end for this mod.

***Realize that some mods have more than just "gamedata" that needs to be overwritten for them to work. Such as the above example with CoC Dynamic Hud where it had an ltx file. ALWAYS READ EACH MOD'S README, FOLLOW THE COMPATIBILITY STEPS AND THEIR ORDERS TO SAVE YOU A HEADACHE, AND YOU WILL BE A-OKAY STALKER!***

I hope you realize by now what you have to do. To make this all work. Instead of mindlessly just downloading mods, dropping them into JSGME, and expecting them to work... Because that's not how things work buddy. You have to set things up to be overwritten for each mod. Else you'll only get headaches in the end and not a stable and amazing CoC to play.

4) Now that you have all these mods set up in JSGME, it's time to put JSGME into actual work. All JSGME really does is overwrite files for you, and if you mess up, you can always revert! Unlike doing it manually where you are not given that option...

Follow this order of how I installed mods. Be patient as they load and overwrite. It's worth the wait.

5) Launch CoC when you're done and have SOME FUCKING FUN STALKER!!! Yeah, that's about it. Let me know if you need help.

Jul 2 2019 Anchor

Here's all the mods I will choose from to attempt to get working together. Many may require manual merging, but I'm currently aiming for getting mods that only need overwriting to work. Wish me luck!

Mods to Get Working Somehow

--

- Diggs

Sep 30 2019 Anchor

hello stalkers i am a bit confused what to install this mod TRX - A-Life Revamp (3.1) but i have no idea in what order to put it so there are no conflicts with debug_spawner.ltx and itms_manager.ltx and other mods here is my load order:

1. Arsenal Overhaul 3.1 (v.5)
2. Outfit Addon 1.4.7
3. Outfit Addon Patch
4. DoctorX Questlines 1.25 [CoC 1.4.22]
5. DoctorX Dynamic Faction Relations 1.8 [1.4.22]
6. DoctorX Faction Relations 1.6 [CoC 1.4.22]
7. DoctorX Dynamic Anomalies 2.1 [1.4.22]
9. TRX - Sounds Revamp (8.3)
10. TRX - Zone FM (4.3)
11. TRX - Dynamic News Revamp (4.3)

DeltaPRM
DeltaPRM Casul peesant
Jan 9 2020 Anchor

hello stalkers i am a bit confused what to install this mod TRX - A-Life Revamp (3.1) but i have no idea in what order to put it so there are no conflicts with debug_spawner.ltx and itms_manager.ltx and other mods here is my load order

I haven't moded vanilla CoC in a long time, but there is a chance that some mods might be incompatible. Try to think how important this mod compared to other and plug it in respectively.

--

"Frankly, I don't see any difference between soda and milk, so I'll eat my Oreos with soda" © h3h3

Jun 16 2020 Anchor

This is the only game that i spend more time modding it than playing the game

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.