Call of Chernobyl is a free-play sandbox mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. : Call of Pripyat created by TeamEPIC. It features 32 explorable maps, reworked level design and level fixes, new original level, Trucks Cemetery, Full AI and A-Life overhaul, engine and script enhancements, Repeatable task system which bases itself on A-Life events, Customizable weather environments for every map as well as surges and psi-storms from AF3, Character creation which includes name, portrait and faction selection; Several optional modes such as Ironman mode, story mode and zombie survival mode, New achievements, rankings and reputation system, PDA leaderboard and enhanced PDA statistics, Companion system with keyboard issued commands, many optional side-features and community-made addons . Call of Chernobyl was player's choice Mod of the Year 9th place in 2015 and 1st place in 2016!
Do you want to play as a mutant from the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games? If so, we have the solution for you!
Do you wish to play as a mutant from the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games? Do you wish to sneak up on your enemies as a Bloodsucker or clobber your enemies as a Pseudogiant? Do you want to throw wooden crates at your enemies while they cower away in fear? All of this and many other opportunities await you with this unique mod.
- Main Game Files: This folder contains all of the primary files that make this mod work. Feel free to place any of the patches in the "Mod Patches" folder (listed below).
It may be best to keep a copy of this folder to hand to make it easier to revert any tweaks or updates that you may make to this mod.
- Mod Patches: This folder contains all of the patches that are available for this mod, allowing you to alternate between patches to your heart's content.
- Optional Tweaks: This folder contains all of the extra bits and pieces that are purely optional. All of the contents of this folder will be compatible with all of the
patches for this mod, unless stated otherwise.
This mod comes with ten unique mutant classes, all of which are based upon the vanilla faction selection system for Call of Chernobyl. These classes range between the following:
- Bloodsucker: Feared by many and admired by none, you lust for the taste of your prey's blood. You are capable of delivering deadly melee attacks, slashing away at any unsuspecting prey. For those times when you must feed, you can also make use of your tentacles to suck the blood of your victims.
- Snork: Agility is a Snork's best friend. A Snork's dinner is it's other best friend. With this class, the Snork has an undivided focus on melee and getting up close and personal on it's enemies. With no ranged attacks included, the Snork's tactics would dictate whether or not you may survive playing this role.
- Pyrogeist: Coupled with your fiery temper, your ranged attacks will deal a great deal of damage to your foes. You do not have any melee capabilities, though this doesn't stop other stalkers from staying on their toes and trying not to become roast turkey.
- Zombie: Slightly undead and really slow. With only your melee attacks and your deceptive appearance on your side, you don't really have much choice with this class. Of course, this is not a bad thing; you just need a stalker or two to claw away at and everything will be okay.
- Controller: Slow, stocky and dangerous. These three characteristics, combined with your deadly melee attacks and ranged psi attacks, speak volumes about what defines this class. As a Controller, the world around you is a very deadly playground, and your key to success is staying in control.
- Pseudogiant: Strength is always on the side of the Pseudogiant. Your melee attacks will send your enemies flying and you have the ability to become immune to most damage types, including gunfire, for a limited amount of time. The best class to ruin any stalker's day in the Zone.
- Burer: A very diverse class. Gives you the ability to use ranged telekinetic attacks, deadly melee attacks and throw objects at your enemies. In conjunction with your sinister appearance, many stalkers will brand the Burer as a force to be reckoned with.
- Poltergeist: Supernatural. This is one of the many words that can be used to define the Poltergeist. Similar to that of the Pyrogeist, though not as rare, the Poltergeist is a very crafty supernatural form that can partake in manipulating it's surroundings for it's own gain (i.e. throwing objects, etc.).
- Izlom: With long limbs and savage tendencies, the Izlom is a territorial mutant with an eye for tranquility. Upon being disrupted from it's time alone, it can prove to be a fearsome enemy in the eyes of most stalkers. The Izlom will charge a target, not looking back and not hesitating to close in for the kill.
- Zombified Stalker: Not to be confused the Zombie class. Allows you to play as a real Zombified Stalker, complete with matching animations and deadly weapons. To use this class, press the [Z] key when your character's name has not been selected (press [ENTER] to unselect your character's name) and select your desired character portrait. You will spawn with an assortment of ranged weapons and skins.
A minor showcase of this mod can be studied from the trailer below:
- v1.00: Mod created. First patch. Replaced all player factions with nine different mutant types, followed by a single Zombified Stalker class. Includes the following classes: Bloodsucker, Snork, Pyrogeist, Zombie, Controller, Pseudogiant, Burer, Poltergeist, Izlom and Zombified Stalker.
More updates are yet to be added in the future.
1) Replace your current gamedata folder with the gamedata folder that can be found in "Main Game FIles".
2) Take care with the installation and try not to paste this gamedata folder over your current one. Import the gamedata folder that has been mentioned above as a
new folder into your Call of Chernobyl main game directory, or paste all of the contents inside of the aforementioned gamedata folder inside of a new gamedata folder.
This eliminates any chances of your game crashing due to files conflicting with those from other mods. Compatibility with other mods has not yet been tested; this should
be done at your own risk.
3) This mod works best with vanilla Call of Chernobyl (version 1.4.22).
4) Don't forget to have fun!
Also on ModDB.com, our official page for this mod can be browsed freely: Moddb.com
This mod will always come with a README text file that will explain the installation process and features of this mod in additional detail. If there are any questions, concerns or bugs that you would like to notify me about, feel free to consult me.