The definitive gameplay enhancement mod for the GZDoom and Zandronum engines. Adds realistic gore, dismemberments, headshots, executions, lightning effects, particles, makes enemies smarter and harder, makes gun louder and beefier, and adds epic new boss battles.
ANNOUNCEMENT: After deep-thinking about it these days, I have finally decided not to continue updating this HUD project. Actually, I'm centering my attention and efforts on my coming-soon HXRTC HUD release. This one will susbstitute from now the BTSX HUD 2.x project, but don't worry, I promise to make in a near future some compatible versions of HXRTC HUD with standard Brutal Doom (v20 for sure, when it get released) and some BD non-official editions. I'll keep you informed, expect some fresh news soon!
This is an updated version I have made recently of the BTSX-Style Fullscreen HUD, focused mainly on use with Brutal Doom, BD Enhanced Edition and BD Sperglord Edition. It works with the most recent versions of GZDoom, ZDoom and Zandronum.
VERY IMPORTANT! For showing correctly the HUD, you MUST set in Display Options a screensize of 11 and turning OFF the alternative HUD.
The main changes in this BTSX HUD version are the following:
- Retouched and updated the Weapons graphic right panel for showing directly the remaining/total ammo of Hell Missile Launcher and Flame Cannon. Now you don't need to switch to these weapons to verify their remaining ammo!
- Updated Arms bar for showing the 9th weapon slot. (Previously it was only ranged from 0 to 8).
- Edited graphic HUD panels and added approximately a 15% of transparency. Now you will see it's even cooler than before!
- Added new Mugshot panel! You can see now Doomguy's face like in other well-known HUDs.
- Now the HUD has a default scaled resolution of 512 x 320 px, optimized mainly for medium-size PC monitors. Use in console the HUD_SCALE 1 parameter if the HUD is too small. (However, if you are not comfortable with actual size, you can tweak it increasing/decreasing the resolution editing 4th line of SBARINFO.TXT in the PK3 file).
* Changelog for v2.1: Added a new Kills/Items/Secrets counter panel on top left, plus an Armor Type screen display on top right, that allows you to see the armor class you have picked up. (If the player has no armor, the display shows a fixed '---' text instead).
- New Golden Skin available!!! Try it out with your favorite Doom WADs!
* Changelog for v2.1a: Due to several changes and fixes, now there are three separated versions of the HUD, each one for Brutal Doom original, BD Enhanced Edition and BD Sperglord Edition (NEW!). Please make sure you choose the right one!!
* Changelog for v2.2: Some new improvements, plus some new skins available: red Blood and green Slime!
- For BDEE only: included an ammo counter for new BD Pistol and updated nazi's MP40 ammo counter for displaying the 32 shots per clip.
- Redecorated a bit the Key panels aspect, now they show in detail the card keys or skull keys that you pick up. Also, the status light bulbs have been removed (I don't consider them necessary anymore, 'cause the new Doomguy's mugshot does the same function).
- Added a special panel with a white/black Stimpack that shows if you have normal or big strenght (it changes state when you pick up a Berserk pack or a Demonic Rune).
+++ NEW IN V2.3: Now included a new Powerbar Indicator that will show you the duration/remaining time for some special pickup-powers, like Invulnerability, Light Visor or Radiation Suit. Also there are new FOUR cool and exclusive skins to choose from: Blue Plasma, Orange Flame, White Skull and Black Death!
(WARNING: this HUD will only work correctly with recent versions of GZDoom, ZDoom or Zandronum 2.0 alpha. Zandronum 1.x support is dropped from BTSX HUD 2.2, sorry for the inconvenience.)
Credits to Blackfish and the original creators of this HUD, Ptoing and Essel.
Hope you enjoy it. I wish all of you a nice doom-killing!