Many bugs were found on the initial release of Brutal Doom 64, but I quickly fixed them in two updates this week.
- Fixed a bug introduced in 1b that would make the SSG alt fire consume no ammo.
- Fixed a bug causing berserk fists to not explode some enemies.
- Added a new death animation for Zombies, Imps, and Pinkies when killed with the chainsaw or BFG.
- Now when playing on multiplayer co-op, rockets and plasma balls will fly through friendly players.
- Increased plasmagun fire rate.
- Now this version will work on Zandronum 2.0, GZDoom, Zandronum 3.0. Whatever you want.
- Added hitboxes for the heads of zombies and imps.
- Revamped pistol, better sound effect, more damage, less fire rate.
- Revamped Chainsaw. 3x more damage, consumes ammo.
- Added a new system to make flares on lamps look much better.
- Re-imported all textures from D64 Absolution in .png format. All textures are looking better now.
- Added several new sound effects.
- Fixed desynced plasmagun projectile.
- Replaced song files with Absolution's versions, to make the download size smaller.
- Fixed several maps crashing on Zandronum's multiplayer.
- Changed behavior of Dark Imps and Spectres (now they remain invisible for less time).
- Added descriptions for the difficulty settings.
- Added alt fire Super Shotgun (now you can fire only one barrel at time by pressing the right mouse button).
- Added more ammo on several levels.
- Improved the hellgate and changed the whole battle at the end of map08.
- Edited the BFG trap on Map23, now the traps will fire Rockets instead.
- Added a basic reward on Hectic (will add more in future versions).
- Fixed nail trap sound being too loud.
- Fixed incorrect shotgunguy uniform color.
- Nerfed some switch hunts to make them more clear.
Just download version 1C at the download section, and remove any previous installations you had.
Your save games from version 1 will no longer work, so to resume your game, you will need to use the IDCLEV cheat.