What is this mod
ABR Mod is vanilla+. No new quests, no insane ammounts of weapons. It's just an overhaul. Better graphics, sounds, music, atmosphere in the style of the original game. This mod can crash because of "out of memory" during long game sessions, or while frequently changing locations. Make more saves with ~ save savename, and launch it with NOPREFETCH.cmd. Also, if you have only 2GB RAM, game will laucnh only with NOPREFETCH.cmd. Play without dynamic music to keep atmosphere.
Installation, tips and general info
- Important: delete gamedata directory, if its present. Install onto clean game. Extract all files with 7zip.
- Сopy contents of ABR Mod to your game directory and replace existing files.
- Install Patch 1.2. Start a new game, if you have used old patches.
- Сopy contents of Patch for NOT 16x9, If you encounter minimap out of the screen or oval scopes.
- Options folder contents different options, choose what do you need, check info files.
- Install OpenAL. This will give you better 3D sound in game.
- Launch game, select your resolution. Mod is tested only on DX9. MOD DOESN'T WORK ON DX10. DX11 works and needs this fix.
- If game is not launching because of "weak gpu" - delete user.ltx.
- Your saves, screenshots, logs will be stored in game's directory folder "abr".
- If you have very many old saves - move them to Oldsaves folder in Saves directory, or just delete them. Too many saves can affect game's fps.
- Jupiter is a bit laggy since vanilla.
- If you have an old pc - play on static lightning. Launch it with NOPREFETCH.cmd. Also, you can use this option - reskinned vanilla levels.
Known & possible issues
Cursor stands still in the main menu, or you see graphical glitches - press ALT+TAB.
Text messages are remaining on the screen - put off/on your helmet.
NPC's have strange animations - incurable.
Strelok will catch up you during evacuation mission.
Crashes during long game sessions - restart game after each changing of the location.
Old issues (possibly fixed)
Grouse's body is missing sometimes.
Military guy's body with bomb charge on Pripyat can be missing. I've marked this mission as ASAP, so you get there asap to find body before it dissapears.
Don't talk to random stalkers, if their fraction is ecologist.
If you shoot something in the building, after returning from lab8x and have a crash, just go out without shooting anything there.
A glitch could possibly occur if the One Shot mission is started before finding the Lost Sentry.
- Russian text
- Minimal hud (stamina & fire modes)
- Rain options
Enable emission (has bug with sun)Not needed anymore, fixed included with final patch.
- Classic crosshair
- Transparent gas mask overlay
- MISERY & AA gas masks
- No breath sounds
- All stashes from the start - New game is needed
- Weight options
- Weight options with classic crosshair
- Open Scopes (+ adaptation for squarish monitors)
- Vanilla a-life (more performance, I hope) - New game is needed
- Turn off subtitles
- Bigger inventory icons.
- Bino doesn't detect enemies
- FOV Changer. 75 is stable and recommended.
To delete options - clear you gamedata. Gamedata is clear by default, so managing your options will be easy.
Regards, ABR Team.