New overhaul mod for CoP. CHECK ABR MOD PATCH V.1.2 - NG IS NEEDED!!! DX10 DOESN"T WORK. Extract with 7zip.
First of all, big thanks to ModDB, to ModDB users and my 174 followers, to AP-PRO forum users for some help. To Jeepus for testing and moral support. I've spend an year on this mod, first version was just a bunch of mods, then I've started to tweak things and here we are. I've tried to make it stable and up to date with modern games. Keep original atmosphere, but also make each location unique with it's own mood. I hope you will like it. This is not a hardcore or freeplay mod, just the way to see old story in new colours.
- Updated graphics, audio and balance.
- Original weapon replacer, +8 new weapons can be bought from Nimble.
- Slightly changed gameplay.
- No new quests, same story. Vanilla+.
- Immortal quest NPC's.
- Balanced difficulties (easy is like stalker difficulty in original COP).
- ENG\RUS text.
Installation, general info & tips
IMPORTANT!!! DELETE GAMEDATA DIRECTORY, IF IT PRESENTSIMPORTANT!!! INSTALL ONTO CLEAN GAME
- Сopy contents of ABR Mod to your game directory and replace existing files. Bin file has prepatched engine file for using 4GB RAM and first person death. Also there is user file.
- Сopy contents of Patch for NOT 16x9, If you encounter minimap out of the screenor oval scopes. This will help. I hope.
- Check INFO files for Optional features. NG means option needs new game to work or work properly.
- Install OpenAL This will give you better 3D sound in game.
- Launch game, select your resolution. Mod is working with DX9 ONLY (NO DX10 OR DX11).
- If game is not launching because of "weak gpu" - delete user.ltx.
- Your saves, screenshots, logs will be stored in game's directory folder "abr".
- Save game with ~save nameofsave and F5 quicksave.
- If you have very many old saves - move them to oldsaves folder in saves directory, or just delete them. Too many saves can affect game's fps.
- Jupiter is a bit laggy since vanilla.
If you have started a game and fps is too low: use option 13 - Vanilla a-life(more performance) and start game again. Then try decrease resolution and texture quality. This mod is playable on static lightning.
Known and possible issues
- If cursor stops in main menu after some time (sometimes you see graphical glitches)- press ALT+TAB and return to game.
- If you enable emission there will be a bug with fast moving sun in weather transitions.
- If you have encountered crash and copied text has shown you "stack trace:" - just load last save.
- If you attach scope or grenade launcher on your weapon and its visual is missing - reattach it.
- NPC's have strange animations - incurable.
- Text messages are remaining on the screen - put off/on your helmet.
- Grouse's body is missing sometimes.
- Military guy's body with bomb charge on Pripyat can be missing. I've marked this missionas ASAP, so you get there asap to find body before it dissapears.
- If you shoot something in the building, after returning from lab8x and have a crash, just go out without shooting anything there.
- Some icons of stalkers can be missing.
- I've stabilized MSO mod as I could. But AI chaos can happen - it's when you go thru quest and some shoot out happens.
I've encountered two crashes on the last walkthrough.
- After Lab8x, when I shoot something in the building (mutant, zombie), a crash was happened. Just go outside and continue to play.
- Well, second crash happened after Lab8x, I had "out of memory" crash on Pripyat. I've loaded last save and gone thru another route - no crashes after that.
I think I've patched second crash, but not sure about the first one. Anyway, that's the only problems I've had, and they can be easily avoided.
If you encounter crash, create .txt file, open it and press CTRL+V. Then send me info you've copied, so I could see what happened. PM me on MODDB: Moddb.com