Welcome to the «STAR WARS: Across the Eras» project page!
«STAR WARS: Across the Eras» is the new project being developed by fans from Russia. We use the Unreal Engine 4 for the game project because we can get a variety of capability to implement our ideas. The genre of the future game is a real time strategy (RTS) and platform is the Windows PC. Also you can visit our VK page: Vk.com.
So here are our plans for the game:
● Separation for 3 main eras: the Clone Wars, rise of the Empire and the Firs Order times. Those eras will be complemented with a few short but still fascinating “mini-ages”, such as organization of Rebellion or Nabu invasion.
● Creating 2 confrontational fractions for each era: Republic vs CIS, Empire vs Rebel Alliance, First Order vs Resistance;
● Creating of an enormous amount of high quality 3D models, nice animation and lively visual effects;
● Maximum realization of the Saga atmosphere;
● Adding high quality and very recognizable music;
● Right now there are two localizations:
Russian language (text and sounds);
English language (text and sounds);
● Huge maps for epic battles;
● And a lot more!
This project is uncommercial and will be disseminated for free!
The idea of creating such a project appeared somewhere in 2016. Thinking about “How it would be good to play strategy in the setting of Star Wars, but with modern graphics”, we have conceived such a game to create ourselves. There were only two of us then. It should be noted that at that time we had almost no idea about the creation of video games, but the undying enthusiasm prevailed, and we began to study the game industry.
After a while, we launched the project “Battle for the Galaxy: Clone Wars”, which meant the era of the Clone Wars only. In addition, the visual component of the idea was to repeat the famous animated series 2008. But, unfortunately, the work on the project was completed before it began. We hurried — the matter is that then we had neither people, nor necessary knowledge. The project was frozen, and “STAR WARS: Across the Eras” is its rebirth.
And for more than two years we have been working on this project. Once started with a burning idea, now we are engaged in the study of game mechanics, the creation and addition of many characters and locations, ect. Over time, we were visited by a variety of people offering their help, and now we have more than 10 people, including professionals in the field of sound, graphics, as well as fans who do their job perfectly.
It's hard to live without a programmer... But so far we are doing well. Already realised and being improved mechanics such as:
• Control system. Now the player can select the unit and order him to move in any direction. When selected, a green circle appears below the unit.
• Simple artificial intelligence. AI can now independently develop and attack the player
• Damage system. Each unit has a certain amount of health and a certain damage.
• Formation system. When you select two or more units and their subsequent direction to somewhere these same units are not built in a chaotic order, and in a strictly specified structure.
This is not all we are working on from the software side. Many other mechanics are being worked out, such as, for example, fog of war.
All of the above may be subject to major changes in the future.
Each level is a separate map with its own individual design. In the end, there will be quite a lot of maps, but it takes a lot of time. So, now Endor is almost completely ready, Hoth and a number of some other locations are being processed. We would like to share with you screenshot of the Ewok village on Endor.
In addition, you will soon be able to walk on a wooded planet within a limited area. The news of this will necessarily be published on the community wall “STAR WARS: Across the Eras”, and the link to the test project is fixed in the section “Files”, which replaced the community menu.
That is the end of this article. In conclusion, we want to share with you some interesting information. In the spring or summer of 2019, we plan to release one of the earlier versions of the project, where it will be possible not only to run around the map, but also to fight with the enemy! More about this we will tell you later. Follow the news of the project, and may the Force be with you!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.