Here's a series of short and on-point tutorials for beginners to help you understand the editor and guide you to make your first map for Half-Life 1 as well as any other GoldSrc game or mod such as Counter-Strike or Sven Co-op.
Note that these tutorials should work for JackHammer and Sledge Editor aswell since they share a similar interface to Hammer Editor.
- Configuring the Editor
- Your First Map - Basics and Controls
- Curved Walls / Rounded Walls
- Making the Map Interactive - Basics of Entities
- Adding Holes for Doors, Windows .... etc - Clipping Tool
- Adding and Changing Sky / 2D Skybox and Global Lighting
- See-through and Shoot-through Brush - the CLIP Brush
- Doors and Switches - Basics of Naming and Targetting
- Rotating Doors - the ORIGIN Brush
- Scripted Events - Using multi_manager
- Making NPCs do things - Scripted Sequences
- Setting up Multiple Objectives - multisource