Tyrian: Ground Assault is a multiplayer mod with a couple game modes: classic deathmatch, team deathmatch, capture the flag, domination.
The main task of my mod is an attempt to squish a maximum from goldsource engine.
Actually it's sci-fi, "quake" and "unreal" style mod, where robots are fighting to each other. Probably, they are doing this to capture some super-powerful artefact, probably for possessing an inexhaustible source of energy, probably they just want to find out the strongest one, probably they just get bored after elimination all human-beings, probably these robots are remote controlled and someone "playing chess".... Who knows the real reasons of their actions? They are robots, and machine mind is completely mysterious for the living beings.
There are more than 50 different weapon types, including special, super-destructive weapons. Also there is a lot of items, powerups and augmentations, starting from known by everybody "quaddamage" and finishing with "lightning field", "plasma shield" and other exotic items.The game is very simple and you don't need to search weapons or items on the map: weapons are given randomly each time player respawns, and items, powerups or augmentations you can receive, after defeating your enemy. Of course, there are bots. They are not so smart, but better, than nothing :) Don't forget to check multiplayer settings before you start the game: there is some customizable stuff. So, welcome to Half-Life mod, Tyrian: Ground Assault. Enjoy your playing!
Special thanks and credits:
1. Ghoul [BB] - main mod maker. C++ Coding, searching, modifying and adapting game resources.
2. ~X~ great help with C++ coding, providing XDM game platform, helpful advices, moral support and eating pizza during all period of the mod making:)
3. Doc Rock - mapper. He provided some great maps for Tyrian: Ground Assault!
4. All authors of game resources, that were collected worldwide from internet!
5. HLFX.RU/FORUM community for their patience and a lot of "how-to-do" advices.
All models, used in Tyrian:Ground Assault are not mine, they are the property of their authors!
Most of them were downloaded for free from following websites:
So, if you are ready to try Tyrian: Ground Assault, follow this link: Moddb.com