Half-Life DM GOLD multiplayer maps
century megapack - best of all times
version 1.1 (1998 - 2018)
This is the most complete selection of Half-Life multiplayer maps of good quality every server must have.
Not only these maps were selected and tested, but also missing or damaged resources were recovered, mistakes and bad resources were fixed.
It's the second public release of the HLDM GOLD Megapack, which includes new maps, more fixes and a little bonus inside :)
- 820 maps for multiplayer game, about 3GB.
- all required resources (textures, models, sounds, skyboxes, details, etc.).
- documentation, whenever available.
- original fixes that you won't find anywhere else.
- 7 playlists, sorted by genres.
- a little mod bonus inside.
Who is this for?
- First of all - for players: no more need to spend hours digging a couple of nice maps out of mountains of garbage.
- For HLDM server owners: pack does not contain any trash like temporary files and you will find maps for every taste there.
- For collectors: this is history!
- For admirers of beauty: this is art!
- Literally, for everyone who knows Half-Life!
- Original documentation was preserved and recovered (all text saved to mapname.txt).
- Recovered lost resources for many maps.
- Many maps were fixed (e.g. wrong transparency modes for ladders, fences, etc.).
- Maps were tested for play-ability.
- Fixed sounds: markers, frequencies, some loops were purposefully cut to avoid crashes on some HL versions and for smooth looping.
- In some rare cases "music" was cut off - huge WAV-files with horrible quality that were playing on the map (like the train announcer voice at the beginning of HL).
It's just hard to imagine: we, people of Half-Life community, have been on this ride for unbelievable 20 years! No matter how computer games change, technologically or gameplay-wise, Half-Life revolutionized our past, made or today and left deep impressions in our hearts forever :)
Half-Life became a hobby for lots and lots of truly cretive people around the world. Literally thousands of modders emerged: where some soon stopped, others continued and after many trials and errors created such gems that can compete even against commertial products. Mappers, programmers, texture artists, sound producers - truly, there's no other form of art today that embraces so many human skills and brings them together!
Pack author: ~X~
My respect goes to map authors - without them we wouldn't have anything to play!
Distribute this package as much as you want. You may put in on your blog, website, file server, on your favorite torrent tracker, in a cloud, in the darknets, burn it on a CD, on a tape, just don't ask money for it.
Oh, and there's a bonus this time - a previously unreleased version of my multiplayer mod - XDM. All screenshots were made with it.
Thanks to everyone who helped with this project, directly or indirectly! (^_^)/