Seeing that no one wrote an article about this, i Decided to do it Myself ....
Since the Video options Menu does not allow you to change screen resolution for higher than 1280x768, you can do it this way, set it to whatever Screen resolution you want :
Method 1 :
- Open Console
- Write "r_mode -1" and press enter
- Write "r_customheight XXXX" and press enter (XXXX Represents the height of screen you want)
- Write "r_customwidth XXXX" and press enter (XXXX Represents the width of screen you want)
- Write "vid_restart" and press enter
And there you go ;)
Method 2 :
- Head to your "Doom3/base" folder or "Doom3/d3xp" and open DoomConfig.cfg with notepad
- Add the following lines "seta r_mode -1" "seta r_customheight XXXX" "seta r_customwidth XXXX"
- Save changes and run game .
That's all, make sure to replace XXXX with size of your screen .