Cry of Fear is now released on Steam!
That's right folks! It is true, it's released! This release won't require Half-Life to be installed. It's completely stand alone as a full game, and it's completely free!
What is new?
Cry of Fear is now known as Cry of Fear 1.6. This is what's new since the last version which was a mod:
- Does not require Half-Life
- Downloadable in Steam
- Dramatically improved AI - they follow you everywhere!
- New Blur Effect
- New high quality sound system for weapon sounds + new weapon sounds
- Motion blur when you take damage
- MP5 weapon for modders
- Real time donator support
- New game menu
- New game over menu
- More slots for Custom Campaigns
- New Inventory Layout
- A few more scares in the levels
- Improved normal maps
- Improved balance with tape recorders and syringes
- More variations on monster animations
- Custom Campaigns are updated to latest versions
- And many other general bug fixes!
You can download it straight from steam by searching on Cry of Fear on the store page, or by clicking this link: Store.steampowered.com
Enjoy the game!