Rebalance the starting loadouts, giving you more freedom of choice with a large modification of the cost of each items, giving you more diversity in your starting build. Made for BaS, EFT Medic Item Overhaul & Arszi's Radiation Overhaul in mind without any of them being a requirement. Patch available for Glowsticks.
The starting loadout selection menu always felt limited for me, leaving few to no option when starting a new game with the Survivalist setting. No weapon choice, basic items being strangely expensive and some much needed gear missing when playing a well modded playthrough. For every ironman run I did, I died in the first few hours because of the fact I was trapped with ill-suited gear. Because a mutant broke my leg with a single strike without any medicine to fix it, or because I was caught in an unpredictable radiation pocket with no mean to clean myself without a doc.
While I like the early hobo-phase, it can be overwhelming with a lot of overhaul mods. I wanted to reduce a bit of tedium and give more way for the player to progress in the early game without having their fate tied to pure RNG. The mod does make the early game easier, but aim to keep the hobo phase intact.
This mod modify several things :
- For those who use Glowsticks, a patch is provided to rebalance their prices since it uses a scripted auto-inject.
- I do not know if it synergize well with modpacks like GAMMA or Escape from Pripyat since I don't use them, but it shouldn't break them.
- I could add support for another mod but I think I covered all the popular ones for now.
- I won't provide compatibility with Anomaly Magazines. Use the Redux version instead. It's better and it provides magazines upon gamestart, BaS weapons included.
- The icons from the image preview are from this mod. But you should just use Cr3pis's or Maid's (Or both) since compatibility did some insane progress in a year.
- Feel free to give some feedback !
1.1 : Fixed price of PB
1.2 : Complete rework of the mod. General nerf overall after experimenting with my own mod for a year.
- Less points to spend, especially for survivalist. It'll be harder to choose your ideal starting gear. Tourist still have plenty of points since it's a more relaxed experience.
- No more medium armor to choose, except for Ecologists, Sin, Monolith, Renegade, UNISG. Most factions get access to their faction light armor. Replaced Firearm Enthusiast for Tourist Jacket (way more carry capacity) for everyone to pick if desired.
- Utilities are cheaper. You are able to spend less on food, alcohol, meds and repair items, but their amount is still limited. Armors are still cheap to pick. Medical gear is still pricey. Weapons are the most expensive items. However, the starting pistols and low-tier SMGs are got their price halved since they become quickly obsolete and to encourage trying something else than a reliable shotty.
- No more assault rifles, except for UNISG. You can still choose between shotguns, SMGs and WWII era weapons depending on your starting faction.
- Rebalanced factions a bit : Loners, Bandits and Clear Sky have access to WWII era weapons. Duty/Freedom/Ecologists have access to modern weapons. Same for Mercenary/Army/Monolith but at a cheaper price due to their heightened difficulty. Sin and Renegade have access to low tier weapons, but at a cheap price. UNISG have access to the best weapons for a low price, their signature AK74u (BAS only) and the FAMAS.
- You can now pick-up a few additional ammo boxes that will be added on top of your starting amount.
For reminder, this is the amount of ammo/box :
12x70 : x20
20x70 : x10
7.62x25 : x32
9x18 : x32
9x19 : x30
.45 : x28
5.56x45 : x30
5.45x39 : x30
7.62x54 : x20
7.62x39 : x30
The old 1.1 version is included in the .zip for those who want to go back.