An English translation for a large mod pack for Call of Chernobyl.
Mod is no longer supported. See newer version here.
MLR is a large-scale mod created for version 1.4.22 of Call of Chernobyl by the Eastern S.T.A.L.K.E.R. community, featuring new quests, new features, an integrated version of STCoP, and new and revamped content, such as a merge and streamline of the Cordon and Darkscape maps (the latter map is no longer anywhere as large!).
The English translation is based on a previous translation made for an older version of MLR in the Last Day mod pack, which some of you may be familiar with.
Any feedback or help with the translation is welcome; it has a repository on GitHub with details for each file!
MLR is generally incompatible with anything there are no compatibility patches for. If a file from any other addon conflicts with MLR, it is best not to apply it.
The mod pack is compatible with conflicting files from any graphical add-ons, although some locations have been converted in the SDK, meaning their respective LODs have been edited. If you wish not to see any stretched ZIL trucks on the horizon, do not replace any of MLR’s files in the gamedata\levels folder with any files from other graphical add-ons.
1.3.2 – 2018-04-06
- American English\configs\text\eng:
- mlr_addon.xml: Reordered a couple of sentences, fixed a few punctuation marks
- mlr_addon.xml: Added just one word to one of the quest descriptions
1.3.1 – 2018-03-14
- American English\configs\text\eng:
- mlr_addon_arena.xml: Removed comma splices
1.3 – 2018-03-14
Large textual update. It is likely to be the last update to appear in a while, as the translation is, for the most part, complete, and no further progress on any other content of the mod can be made while the original author of the mod is on an indefinite hiatus. All files have been changed in a few minor ways with details below.
- dialogs_mlr.xml: Reordered a couple of events for consistency
- lootmoney.xml: Changed symbols
- mlr_addon.xml: Rewrote and rephrased most dialogues; lots of comma splices removed and symbols replaced
- mlr_addon_arena.xml: Changed symbols
- mlr_characters.xml: Changed Boogster’s name to Afghan, as reflected in his dialogs
- mlr_upgrades.xml: Translated file; partially revised
- st_items_outfit.xml: Fixed a few words
- ui_st_faction_starts.xml: Translated all starting locations
- zone_news_main.xml: Revised entire file
1.2 – 2018-03-08
The translation has been rewritten in British English to be consistent with Call of Chernobyl’s choice of British English. American English is still offered as an alternative in a separate folder, and other changes are listed below. Help from native speakers of British English is welcome, especially with slang and expressions!
- mlr_addon.xml: Rewrote quest descriptions in second person like in Call of Chernobyl; fixed punctuation and writing
- zone_news_main.xml: Revised with help from BlueflamesX
- zone_news_main.xml: Расширена фраза на украинском
1.1 – 2018-03-08
A large update with lots of help from a native English speaker!
- mlr_addon.xml: Reworded basically everything with help from BlueflamesX; changed punctuation signs; fixed two misnamed strings
- zone_news_main.xml: Fixed missing bracket (zone_news_main_fake_news_freedom_28); changed answer to respond (zone_news_main_fake_news_army_13)
- mlr_addon.xml: Заменены все английские кавычки с ёлочками; поправлена пунктуация; исправлены неверные названия двух строк
- zone_news_main.xml: Заменены монолитовские фразы теми, которые используются бандитами, «Свободой» и одиночками
- transitions.script: Added English comments
- zone_new.script: Fixed some punctuation
- zone_news_main.script: Changed a bit of formatting
Translated (hopefully) everything into English!
- mlr_addon.xml: Fixed missing word
- zone_news_main.xml: Translated entire file (lyrics from Russian songs are left alone and enclosed by Russian quotation marks « »)
0.7 – 2018-02-20
- mlr_addon.xml: Translated entire file
- mlr_upgrades.xml: Added and translated entire file
- st_dialog_manager.xml: Carried over a few changes from the Russian text files concerning changes in in-game situations
- st_dialogs_bar.xml: Same as above
- st_items_outfit.xml: Switched to British spelling
- zone_news_main.xml: Reordered a few groups of strings; continued translation
- zone_new.script: Reformatted file
- zone_news_main.script: Readjusted script based on new string names
- zone_surge_news.script: Same as above
0.6 – 2018-02-16
- Changed basically everything; translation is about 90% complete
- configs\gameplay\character_desc_mlr.xml: Localised Kashpirovsky’s name
0.5.1 – 2018-02-11
- Removed extra file (configs\text\eng\mlr_addon_old.xml) that would overwrite one of the main files
0.5 – 2018-02-11
- dialogs_mlr.xml: Localised and translated reputation messages (configs\text\eng\dialogs_mlr.script)
- lootmoney.xml: Fixed broken space
- mlr_addon.xml: Reformatted entire file according to alphabetic order; continued translation
- mlr_characters.xml: Reformatted file; renamed Jurov to Zhurov
- dialogs_mlr.script: Localised and translated reputation messages (configs\text\eng\dialogs_mlr.xml)
- ui_sr_teleport.script: Localised message that appears when attempting to enter another area via an unknown passage (path_unknown in configs\text\eng\mlr_addon.xml)
- zone_news_main.script: Renamed strings; continued translation
- zone_surge_news.script: Renamed strings; continued translation; fixed spaces
0.4 – 2018-02-05
- Localised strings for the PDA network feature; while not yet fully translated, their in-game text is now stored in the corresponding .xml files:
- configs\text\eng\mlr_addon.xml: Continued translation and revision
0.3 – 2018-02-04
- configs\text\eng\mlr_addon.xml: Continued translation
- Ammunition in dialogues have been changed to phonetic speech—any thoughts regarding this are appreciated
- Translated lootmoney script
0.2 – 2018-02-02
- configs\text\eng\mlr_addon.xml: Translated additional items and dialogues; revised texts and punctuation
0.1.1 – 2018-02-01
- configs\text\eng\mlr_addon.xml: Revised a few dialogues and adjusted them to fit vanilla Call of Chernobyl, as opposed to Last Day